Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 01:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

I have vowed to never again carve a pumpkin. I’ve carved many pumpkins, over many decades, and now it is time to stop. So I have decided to buy an electrified ceramic pumpkin for Halloween night. Trouble is, I never want to go shopping for one.

But whatever happens, I have carved my last pumpkin. There has to be a last time for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 01:57 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Streaming services that don't tell you when a show/movie is in another language. I get tired of looking for 15 mins, select something that sounds interesting, and it's subtitled. That's fine if I plan and sit watching, but most of the time I like to listen to the movie in the background.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-20-2019, 04:17 PM

Dropped the dogs off at the kennel which feels like a huge betrayal, but it will be so nice to have clean floors.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:44 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
My freakin' neighbor is shooting a compound bow out in his yard toward my yard. He has a deer decoy set up and I just saw him rooting around in my flower bed, looking for his stupid arrow, about a foot away from my patio table and chairs where I sit. I can't imagine it's legal for him to be shooting a high powered compound bow in the city, first of all, but if he's going to do it, anyway, he could shoot it toward his own house, not mine. I just wanted to live and mind my own damned business and he's making it really hard to do that when I feel like I might be impaled by an arrow at any moment.

It's forked up, right?! Sometimes I really hate having neighbors.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My freakin' neighbor is shooting a compound bow out in his yard toward my yard. He has a deer decoy set up and I just saw him rooting around in my flower bed, looking for his stupid arrow, about a foot away from my patio table and chairs where I sit. I can't imagine it's legal for him to be shooting a high powered compound bow in the city, first of all, but if he's going to do it, anyway, he could shoot it toward his own house, not mine. I just wanted to live and mind my own damned business and he's making it really hard to do that when I feel like I might be impaled by an arrow at any moment.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:03 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I know! I have prickles on my skin from adrenaline, I'm so irritated. Right after we moved into this place, a guy showed up at my door carrying a high powered rifle. He was like, "Duhhh, you're not the previous tenant." Scared the living crap out of me. Now I have this idiot shooting arrows into my yard right where I sit and hang out. Real relaxing. I'm getting ready to let Menopause Woman out... and NO ONE likes her. Not even ME! She's really surly and likes to swear and call people bad names.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
My mail was not delivered today because a parked car blocked my mailbox. They could have parked on either end of my lot, but they parked directly in front on my mailbox.

My neighbor is super weird about people parking in front of her house. Surprise, surprise! It was her visitor who blocked my mailbox.
This is THE WORST. We used to have neighbors who did this. It was the strangest thing. I mean, they didn't block our mailbox (that's a whole other story for another day), but they would NOT park in front of the neighbor's house - they'd park in front of our house. And it had to be the neighbors who told them to do so because it was a bunch of teenage boys visiting their teenage boy, and you know they would take the path of least resistance if it was an option!

Old 09-21-2019, 07:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I hate it when I'm browsing for new homes online and have to see homes that are hideously decorated. It's distracting. I'm trying to see the "bones" of a place and all of the tacky wall decorations and the like is distracting as hell.

They should have put the dishwasher on the other side of the sink. I have a thing about appliances too close to each other and yes there are too many knick-knacks all over. I'm surprised the Real Estate agent didn't tell them to remove some of it.

We have another beautiful morning and I have my new windows open. Unfortunately the neighbor behind me and one over is playing his music too loud.

Old 09-21-2019, 07:16 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post

I would call the police for sure, if for no other reason that to see if this is legal. Of course they will assume it was you that called and then you really can't sit outside....

Old 09-21-2019, 09:17 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I want knee high boots, but it's hard to find any for small calves.

This was my wife's first world problem for several years after boot shafts became super-sized.

Then she found a British company that makes leather boots exclusively for slimmer calves. Slimcalfboot dot com. This company (SoleMani) now sells through Amazon also.

It solved my first world problem of having to hear her complain about boot shafts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology