Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 11:05 PM

10,581 posts, read 5,542,950 times

Advertisements

Why do I always find a special tool only AFTER I've given up looking for it & made the round trip to Home Depot or Lowe's or Harbor Freight to buy a new one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 08:31 AM

48,272 posts, read 34,391,475 times
During our move to I have tried to be hyper organized, I have manuals and keys and everything for the new owners, I started it a year ago.

Then I needed a plug in piece for PV inspection which I haven't used lately, but is MANDATORY. I tore the house apart, and finally came to the conclusion in a fit of cleaning I must have thrown it away.

Call the company and get a girl with the stereotype millennial voice, voice that goes up at the end with a question every. single. sentence. Who of course had no idea, and would have to talk to someone not there, as I am explaining the urgency. NEVER got a call back. Did show up at their door at 8am, where the woman laughed and said I could go to best buy or home depot for it. But they had it and were very sympathetic and helpful.

So we bring it home, and tell DH where I want it installed.... and there is the old unit.

I didn't remember because I didn't actually put it there.

It was one of those days all around. I decided I would go to my happy place and clean, as I am vacuuming in a zen like state.... a horrible burning rubber smell emanated..... overall it went further downhill as the night progressed. lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2019, 09:36 AM

49,976 posts, read 63,287,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
During our move to I have tried to be hyper organized, I have manuals and keys and everything for the new owners, I started it a year ago.

Then I needed a plug in piece for PV inspection which I haven't used lately, but is MANDATORY. I tore the house apart, and finally came to the conclusion in a fit of cleaning I must have thrown it away.

Call the company and get a girl with the stereotype millennial voice, voice that goes up at the end with a question every. single. sentence. Who of course had no idea, and would have to talk to someone not there, as I am explaining the urgency. NEVER got a call back. Did show up at their door at 8am, where the woman laughed and said I could go to best buy or home depot for it. But they had it and were very sympathetic and helpful.
I don’t know what aPV inspection is, but glad you solved it.

That type of speaking is called “up speakâ€. It drives me up the wall.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don’t know what aPV inspection is, but glad you solved it.

That type of speaking is called “up speakâ€. It drives me up the wall.

I seriously wanted to throw the phone on the floor, but it's new. I literally had to mentally prepare to speak to her while driving over, to make sure I held my calm. No should every speak like that. She sounded like an idiot. Thank goodness she wasn't around.

I swear, it caused a visceral reaction in me.....

Old 11-08-2019, 10:58 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,931,908 times
Perfect forum to describe my newest aggravation.

So...I've been searching for several weeks for the PERFECT room dividers for our cabin. Finally found them on ebay, and bought two sets.

Bragged to my husband how pretty they were, and how it would go so well with the bed spread and the curtains.

They came yesterday. They're like 12 INCHES HIGH.

They are indeed, very pretty. But they're not going to provide privacy for anything except maybe my coffee cup. And they came from China, so I had to wait several weeks for them. (Try to picture my face looking aggravated.)

Old 11-08-2019, 11:36 AM

ROFL! Yeah, I learned to check dimensions. I ordered "nut bowls" for a party. Maybe 3 nuts would fit. We use them for dipping sauces now.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:40 AM

716 posts, read 419,703 times
I'm too bored to go wash my pile of clothes at the laundromaaaat. -_-

Old 11-08-2019, 05:40 PM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
Baskin-Robbins didn't have the flavor I wanted.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:44 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
I bought a brace for the upper back, which is where I have a lot of pain after standing awhile. It was just delivered from Amazon. I can't figure out how to put it on.

Old 11-09-2019, 12:14 PM

49,976 posts, read 63,287,500 times
My ant bites itch. Every time I go outside in the yard i get fire ant bites. Now they itch like crazy. They never bite anybody else here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology