Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2019, 07:10 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

We had horrible lightning and thunder storms before moving so I let the dogs on the bed. Steve lied in one spot all night with his head on the pillow, and apparently peed the entire time. On a tempurpedic, with no cover and the movers were taking the bed the next day..... so no time to find a bio cleaner and stuff.

I used vinegar, but have no idea what will come out of the crate in a few months.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We had horrible lightning and thunder storms before moving so I let the dogs on the bed. Steve lied in one spot all night with his head on the pillow, and apparently peed the entire time. On a tempurpedic, with no cover and the movers were taking the bed the next day..... so no time to find a bio cleaner and stuff.

I used vinegar, but have no idea what will come out of the crate in a few months.
Oh No!

Old 12-04-2019, 10:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Ok so yesterday I had someone actually say to me "First World Problems."

I was researching a lot behind our house that may be for sale. I was at the county clerk's office and I saw a very old friend of mine - well, he's not very old but he's been a friend for a long time. He's a land man. He said, "What are you doing here?" and I said, "I'm researching this lot we may want to buy - we may need to run our septic system out there so we can put a pool in the back yard. And the seller won't tell me whether or not there are pipeline easements on it."

And he said, "First World Problems."

I realized as I said it that it sounded completely spoiled.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:09 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
While in the midst of drafting court papers, my wireless keyboard battery died. I had to take an unwanted 15 minute break.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:05 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I was researching a lot behind our house that may be for sale. I was at the county clerk's office and I saw a very old friend of mine - well, he's not very old but he's been a friend for a long time. He's a land man. He said, "What are you doing here?" and I said, "I'm researching this lot we may want to buy - we may need to run our septic system out there so we can put a pool in the back yard. And the seller won't tell me whether or not there are pipeline easements on it."

Actually I think he was rather rude. What's wrong with wanting a pool when you live in a hot climate?

My FWP - I have another cold. I rarely get sick but this is my second cold in three months. And I have to help my granddaughter with her science project tonight because SHE was sick with the flu all last week on her fall break.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:10 AM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Actually I think he was rather rude. What's wrong with wanting a pool when you live in a hot climate?

My FWP - I have another cold. I rarely get sick but this is my second cold in three months. And I have to help my granddaughter with her science project tonight because SHE was sick with the flu all last week on her fall break.
What's wrong with wanting a pool even if you don't?

This morning, as I made scrambled eggs with diced bacon and ham, the pork products decided to imitate popcorn. And I had just cleaned the stovetop.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:25 AM

I hate my electric glass stovetop.

But I digress.

Thankfully my husband is off his pool kick. So we don't have to buy the lot behind us and move our septic system. Good grief!

Someone more talented than me once sang "you can't always get what you want," and I agree with that sentiment. Plus I don't really want to deal with the hassle of pool maintenance.

I'm thinking nice water feature in the back yard. Pergola. Hot tub. All that jazz. I mean, a pool would be nice but we already have one luxury item that rarely gets used (a boat). Come on. How many superfluous luxury items that are rarely used does one household need?

Old 12-05-2019, 08:37 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,049,216 times
Quote:

He's right, it is a First World problem. The Third World does not have property rights; it's a big reason why they are Third World.

Before I bought my land, I went to the county administration building, had them photocopy all of the property easements, and then read through them. And I would never buy land that does not include the mineral rights.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:38 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,049,216 times
Quote:
I hate my electric glass stovetop.

But I digress.

Thankfully my husband is off his pool kick. So we don't have to buy the lot behind us and move our septic system. Good grief!

Someone more talented than me once sang "you can't always get what you want," and I agree with that sentiment. Plus I don't really want to deal with the hassle of pool maintenance.

I'm thinking nice water feature in the back yard. Pergola. Hot tub. All that jazz. I mean, a pool would be nice but we already have one luxury item that rarely gets used (a boat). Come on. How many superfluous luxury items that are rarely used does one household need?
Perhaps you should look into buying the land, anyway. It would keep your options open.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
He's right, it is a First World problem. The Third World does not have property rights; it's a big reason why they are Third World.

Before I bought my land, I went to the county administration building, had them photocopy all of the property easements, and then read through them. And I would never buy land that does not include the mineral rights.
You probably won't ever buy land in Texas. Most land in Texas does not include mineral rights. That's OK - because guess what - I've got mineral rights on land that I've sold (with no problems I might add). So I'm good. But even if I hadn't inherited those mineral rights, I just don't personally try to buy them along with land because it's unrealistic around here.

I do understand it's a first world problem but that's OK too - it's my problem and I do live in a First World Country. And am thankful to do so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology