Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2020, 07:19 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I've been seriously rationing my food since I'm afraid to go to the supermarket (my husband is blood type A and had asthma as a kid, both of which are linked to much more severe risk of the virus) and all the delivery services are booked solid for weeks. There's almost no more food left in our apartment, and the constant hunger makes it hard to think about anything else. I've been trying to sleep but I can't sleep with these hunger pangs.

What!? Blood type A more susceptible?

Do you really not have food? Where do you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 02:59 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Still no TP in the area. Crap!
No, no, no! Don't do that! It'll just make you need TP more!

And ohhwanderlust, get some food! Starving versus the remote chance you'll catch something at the supermarket right now.... no contest which choice is smarter. Go get food!

I'm gaining weight from eating the treats dh stroked up on. That's my first world problem right now.

And we have 5 adult-sized people in a small apartment where we have holed up for several weeks now. I'm sick of seeing complaints from people in huge houses full of entertainment options feeling they have nothing to do. I don't know what it's like to be them, but that doesn't sound too horrible to me. However, I am thankful to have a roof over my head and I'm not in immediately danger of losing said roof, so all in context. I'll try to refrain from complaining.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I am still coughing from a cold. (Cold is much better now.). Sent DH to COSTCO to shop during senior hour. He apparently lost concentration when he saw the loooong checkout line. So, he did not find or buy some of the things on the list. He did find paper towels, so there is that. But no ground beef or any beef, no bacon, only two loaves of bread, instead of four. I have not griped to him. I’m griping here.

Thinking about trying to barter paper towels for boxes of tissues though.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I've been seriously rationing my food since I'm afraid to go to the supermarket (my husband is blood type A and had asthma as a kid, both of which are linked to much more severe risk of the virus) and all the delivery services are booked solid for weeks. There's almost no more food left in our apartment, and the constant hunger makes it hard to think about anything else. I've been trying to sleep but I can't sleep with these hunger pangs.
If the food delivery turnaround time is 'weeks', order now and then think about how you'll get food there in the meantime. Ask family or friends to go, or order online.

There's also something called Nextdoor you can sign up for (phone app or online) and other members are people in your community. I often see others volunteering to run errands for those who are elderly or have health issues. There's also something called Help Map - you'll see a map of people volunteering to help others and they list what kind of help they can provide. Shopping is a common one. Reach out to them using the messaging system - people are more than willing to help others during this crisis.

Best of luck to you and stay healthy.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:01 AM

Since I'm pretty much a homebody, this really hasn't affected me very much. However it's different knowing I can't go anywhere rather than choosing to stay home a lot.

My nail appointment was for tomorrow. Since these are gel on top of acrylics I can't even take the polish off without soaking my fingertips in acetone which I don't want to do. I guess I will have to keep filing and using nail filler in the regrowth.

Couldn't do anything for son's birthday Monday. These are all FWP for sure.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
I am liking this social distancing, it is illegal to have the person waiting with you in line breathing down your neck.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:28 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
My second day of not working and not knowing what is going on so house cleaning 101. My usual outlets for OMG (out of my garage) are all working from home and are basically shut ins. Amazon boxes come in handy.

Diesel pushers are drastically going down in price. Poor SO is going through every scenario he can come up with the justify an immediate need. He is very creative:>) I shall stay fast!

Old 04-06-2020, 02:02 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
I wish I'd bought muffins this morning. I had my chance. Oh, well.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:16 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I wish I'd bought muffins this morning. I had my chance. Oh, well.
I got the muffins. Chocolate ones. Thread can continue now.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:44 AM

I was forced to trim my own hair. I cut the bangs too short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology