Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 12:16 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
I need to find a new place for the potato masher. Right now it's in the UTENSILS holder on the kitchen counter and every time I take it out to use it, it drags 2 or 3 other things out with it, because of the handle shape. And sometimes those other things get left on the counter because potato mashing is time-sensitive. Once, I even gave it its own Utensils container but other things kept joining it.

I have to accept that it's not to blame for the last 40 years of frustration. Now that I'm in my 60s, I have to try and make life easier for myself, not more difficult. I'll try it in one of the drawers but if it causes trouble in those, well, that's just too difficult to think of right now.
Lol, I know exactly what you mean. Ours started out in a drawer but now it's in the utensils holder on the counter. There are a few different-sized whisks in the holder that also like to cause problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 09:45 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I really can't stand those bears in the Charmin commercial. I don't want to think about one defecating bear wiping its ass, let alone a whole family. I liked Mr. Whipple better.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:38 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It was zero degrees Farenheit when I got up. Zero. I live in Texas. This is not normal. This not the "feels like" temperature - that was -10. MINUS 10. No bueno!

Yes, I still have electricity and running water, which is a step above some of the people I know, but I feel like I'm on borrowed time with both!

Get this - I went to feed the birds again last night (been finding dead ones on my patio, so ugh). THE LID WAS FROZEN ONTO THE BUCKET so I had to bring the bird seed bucket inside to warm it up before I could put more bird seed out! Y'all - that's a level of cold I'm just not used to.

My granddaughter poked her head outside last night and promptly closed the door and said, "MiMi - that air makes my nose hurt."

This morning, my dogs, who usually love frozen precipitation and the way it changes their world, ran outside and did their bidness and came running back to whine at the door immediately. They had to wait though - I was quickly making coffee in case we lose power again!
This isn’t trivial! I have 6 rental properties in DFW. We’ve been sending texts to tenants regarding keeping water taps a bit open, keeping sink cabinets and dishwasher open, covering outside faucets, etc. But never can tell if they comply, even if a pipe bursts. Its hard to know what others take seriously... So far two have lost power but we have supplied everyone with firewood & generators (and space heaters) but we are down to our last generator... this is a time when “off the grid” folks are probably feeling smug

Old 02-17-2021, 11:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
This isn’t trivial! I have 6 rental properties in DFW. We’ve been sending texts to tenants regarding keeping water taps a bit open, keeping sink cabinets and dishwasher open, covering outside faucets, etc. But never can tell if they comply, even if a pipe bursts. Its hard to know what others take seriously... So far two have lost power but we have supplied everyone with firewood & generators (and space heaters) but we are down to our last generator... this is a time when “off the grid” folks are probably feeling smug
Ugh, right? I didn't sign up to be Laura Ingalls Wilder's mother though! COME ON, MAN!

I found out that Tyler, TX hit an all time low recorded temperature of -6 degrees yesterday. I mean, today it's up to about 25 degrees but we aren't supposed to be above freezing till Friday - maybe. Maybe not then, maybe Saturday. UGH UGH UGH!

I am really over this now.

I want to go to a movie and eat buttered popcorn and Jordan Almonds and drink a huge Coke and watch a stupid, loud movie in a crowd of people. But then...we've still got COVID to deal with after all this so there's that...

And some people actually thought that 2021 was going to be a great year. All I can say to that is "Well, so far...not..." I remember that it was about this time last year - in fact, around Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday time to be exact, that I started thinking "We've seriously got a pandemic going on, and Mardi Gras in New Orleans sounds....errrr, risky..." My social media "memory" posts actually show that several weeks and a year ago today I went and bought up the last of the hand sanitizers, and ordered some gloves and some stuff like that. But even then, there were no masks available - and that was in late January or early February of last year.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:03 PM

24,473 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and found a warmed fleece shirt on my night stand. Perfect first awake hour of the day spent with SO and furries.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:09 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and found a warmed fleece shirt on my night stand. Perfect first awake hour of the day spent with SO and furries.
This isn't a 1st world "problem".

Old 02-18-2021, 05:31 AM

34,994 posts, read 16,964,237 times
The misfunctioning Covid vaccine sites.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:38 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Since being "stranded" at home here in Texas for the past 5 days the DW and I are so sick of seeing the same commercials on TV since that's all we have to do here. If I see another Geico commercial with "Tag Team" I'm gonna hit somebody!!

Old 02-18-2021, 07:31 AM

4,139 posts, read 3,044,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
We had to deal with this at the water plant. Someone would call up to say their water meter had frozen during a cold wave, and then comment that this had happened previously during another cold wave years ago. It is up to the customer to keep their water meter from freezing. Yes, you will have to pay for the new water meter.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:47 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Since being "stranded" at home here in Texas for the past 5 days the DW and I are so sick of seeing the same commercials on TV since that's all we have to do here. If I see another Geico commercial with "Tag Team" I'm gonna hit somebody!!
Better than the Jamie and the beard Progressive commercial!!

Last edited by WorldKlas; 02-18-2021 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology