Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times

Advertisements

Regarding the women that I dont respect, its not because they are women. Its because of their unique and individual flaws. Now if they THINK that I dont respect them due to their gender then thats on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 12:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I totally agree, however, this isn't a perfect world and different value systems apply.
I know it's far from perfect, it will never be.
But we can always try to make it slighly better, just a little bit more accepting.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:41 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJonz View Post
Reading this topic is funny, especially the part where you said you would sometimes like to be male. I have felt the opposite. There are times I think it would be awesome to be female. So many nice advantages:

Not be expected to make good money/have a great career.
Not having to take responsibility for my actions.
Always manage to get others to do all the hard work for me.
If I get in a relationship I will always have the upper hand.
If I want to get out of doing something I can just blame it on pms/emotional issues.
Get great advantages in jobs/careers.
Being able to get out of tickets just by smiling and using my feminine wiles
Get my own pair of boobs.

It appears you lack spine.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:40 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I totally agree, however, this isn't a perfect world and different value systems apply. Let's say you have a choice between doctors. One is a young, air head girlie girl, the other dresses for success, speaks with an intelligent mind, and is mature. You're dealing with a serious, life threatening illness. Which doctor would you prefer?

Maybe the girlie girl is brilliant and the mature doctor just mediocre, but it's how you sell yourself that makes the difference. I once had a very intelligent older woman tell me that you tell people how to treat you by the way you dress. These stigmas and stereotypes are very real and can affect your life in adverse ways.

It's the same when you're dealing with the opposite sex. I started a business when I was 26 that was male dominant. I also rose to being in the top ten in sales in the region consistently. The region covered four states. I was also way younger then my clients. I didn't get there on looks. I got there because I could relate, and to relate I had to think like my clients. If you want respect you have to prove yourself worthy.

(To the person that left me a rep wanting me to post the test about the way men and women think. Sorry but it was quite a while ago and I don't remember what web site I was on. I'm sure you can google it and find it. Thank you for the many reps on this thread )
good post pal..Ive met this woman and shes a force to be reckoned with hahaha.. she woudlnt take any nonsense from anyone,a kind caring person but who has her own mind.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
My mother would make me do all the chores and let my brothers get away with doing nothing. Her reasoning was "you're a girl, you have to know how to do these things".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VOItW3va3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
how the heck do you get men to respect you more as a woman and to listen to you?
Show up naked with a beer

Seriously though. Some men are just douches. Not much you can really do about that. Just find somebody who actually listens.

As a bonus question from a male: How can I get women to stop asking me to clean my apartment?

Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post

As a bonus question from a male: How can I get women to stop asking me to clean my apartment?
By cleaning up your apartment.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:41 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
By cleaning up your apartment.
But where will I throw my dirty cloth if I remove my dirty cloth pile?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:07 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
He'd better listen... Because I give quizzes! What did I just say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology