Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 05:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

I think if the dreams come on at certain times when you have specific concerns or feelings, they might be a signifier of when you felt that way with your bf.

For instance, I used to dream about forgetting a test for a college test, years and decades after I had attended college. These dreams usually signified my stress over being involved in so many things.

I think there are books out there about dream analysis. You could do some private research on what your dreams might signify. They might not mean very much; they might just be a signifier of what your are currently dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 08:53 PM

465 posts, read 607,413 times
Didn't Freud opine that in every dream there is a wish that needs to be fulfilled?

Maybe it is not to be with him, assuming you truly are happy in your current relationship. Is it to be your friend who wound up with him? You say you have a thing about being rejected so, in other words, is your wish that you were never rejected?

Your ex represents rejection from college - almost a decade ago. Again, I assume this is not about him, so what is your greatest fear of rejection in 2016? Is something in your personal or career life setting you up for rejection? Is this current fear making you think of your biggest college rejection?

on the other hand, is there something you miss about him? Something physical, maybe the way he made you feel? Or did the fact that you thought he was better looking than you give you a certain level of confidence that you are missing today?

Tell us more about your current relationship.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:57 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Best to forgive them for everything , and then just claim them as a lost lover and move on again , which can bring peace

Old 05-07-2016, 08:19 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
bell, here's what you do- plan a night,,,just you,,

if you have something of his ...set up your own "letting go" ceremony... burn what was his and say the words out loud.. if you have nothing of his,,,,then write the name on a piece of paper with what you want gone for good and burn that

you were at an impressionable age.....

remember "steer your own ship, don't wallow in the currents of others"

and finally,,,you control your own thoughts,,,, don't feed the demons, you know better,,and if you have buried hurt/pain/shame/anguish in your past, it has manifested as fear,,,,you need to identify it,,,and face it head on and eliminate it,,otherwise it will contaminate .....all it can,,,with insecurities and b.s.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I'm wondering what your dreams of him are about? Are you still together in your dream? Are they pleasant dreams or are they nightmares?

I have this recurring dream about my family moving back into the family home that I own. I had just put a ton of money into the property when I find them living there. I keep trying to explain to them that the house belongs to me now and it is a rental property and that they can not stay. In the dream I can't get through to them and they are staying. This is a nightmare and I'm always grateful when I wake up to reality. (My parents are both deceased and I even know that in the dream, yet there they are like some cheap horror film where the monsters keep getting up after they've been killed a million times.) I can go years without having this dream and it was a traumatic childhood that keeps the dream coming back to torment me.

I've had dreams of past relationships that were quite pleasant. When John and I were on the verge of a divorce I dreamed about being back with my ex. It was a comforting dream for some strange reason, but the reality is that I'd rather drink arsenic then be with him again. I never could figure out the message in that one.

Maybe you have some residual feelings for your ex? Maybe you have some unresolved pain? Either way just enjoy the dream experience and try not to put to much effort into letting interfere with your real life. There is a hidden message in each dream that you have the key to unlock.

I love to dream and some of mine are so bizarre that I could never begin to figure them out. The recurring tornado ones are a great example. They're scary as heck but I love them every time I have one. Maybe I need a little more excitement in my life? Anybody up for riding some roller coasters with me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology