Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:09 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times

Advertisements

Agree, isn't this a classic example of holding the coal in your hand trying to burn the person who hurt you? And 25 years ago at that? I'll praise you for your persistence...

My grandfather in law is like this. He is on his deathbed still talking about all the people who wronged him in life. Only those people don't care and probably don't even remember. It only hurts him. A sad mean old man....

The best revenge to get on a bully is success on your part. Be better and more successful than them at everything you do. Show them that they didn't affect you at all (even if they did), move on and forgive and forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
VP, let me be honest: this was creepy. I truly hope the "legal" things you did really were. This is a little worrisome...I just...wonder.

Anyway, I do hope you're feeling better...overall. I personally don't do the revenge thing. It doesn't matter what a psychiatrist has to say about it, I just wouldn't feel very good afterward. THAT person may have been a d*uche but I don't have to be. But I hope things work out for you and you can cheer up a little.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:14 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
This^^
Yes. Who paid for this? Not your "enemy," who simply sent the pizza guy home. As for the transsexual hooker, so what? Again, dude sent him/her home and, well, that was that, I'm sure.

I don't know, I'm not getting what's pleasurable about all this.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:14 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Revenge always has unintended consequences, as you will soon find out.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:17 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
so you've become a bully yourself. Bravo. The real victims in all this were the small businesses who probably had to eat the cost of the things you ordered because your "victim" realized he'd been scammed.
Yeah.
So sad that you sunk to that level, OP.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:36 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Sounds like you're all better. Congrats.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:56 AM

11,119 posts, read 9,753,246 times
I'm afraid that "proverb" is a lot older than Star Trek. It's quoted variously in books as early as the 1700's.

There's another saying "Bitterness is like drinking poison and wishing for the other person to die." Carrying the pain and bitterness of your early abuse hurts no one but you. It has turned you into a spiteful person who revels in the pain of your tormentor. In other words, you're just like he is now.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
The OP, who is late30's/early 40's, half black and half white single male, whose mother beat and abused him and who lives in the Seattle/Victoria area, has sent images desecrating the prophet Mohammed to Muslims in the area. I believe Muslims have very harsh punishments for this type of desecration. I wonder if they are going to try to get revenge using the data trail the OP has left on the same Internet he used to get his revenge.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
This brings me in mind of a quote by Frederick Buechner:

"Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back--in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you."

Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
so you've become a bully yourself. Bravo. The real victims in all this were the small businesses who probably had to eat the cost of the things you ordered because your "victim" realized he'd been scammed.

It actually isn't that much and those places factor that into their costs...I know, I did a ton or research on the subject. And the only people I got him in trouble with were unsavory types to begin with (ISIS sympathizers, outlaw bikers, Russian mobsters etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology