Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 08:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times

Advertisements

And then gloat about it on the internet, to random people.

Because that's the prime mark of "closure."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:25 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,962,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Internet trolling.

Ignore these people. They don't understand that "trolling" is not the same as using cyberspace to RUIN someone's life by making their fiancee think they are into transexuals and breaking up, costing someone their job by placing several well places complaints to the right people, messing someone's sleep by having people call them at all hours of the night and using a false FB account to make VERY DANGEROUS people VERY angry with someone is NOT your average "trolling."

And I did it all while sipping on martinis...so much more civilized than "tracking him down and beating him up"

I guess America is uncivilized for using drones as opposed to big mean with AK-47s to destroy ISIS.

But in all fairness, that kind of primitive thinking has been around forever. Some ancient Greeks thought Paris was a "coward" because he used a bow and arrow from a distance, and a "real mannnnn!!!!" (bangs chest, walks on knuckles) would have used a sword.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Dude, seriously? You're not really going to use Anonymous as your guide, are you?

Yes they make serious sounding videos set to scary music, but at the end of they day they are still just internet trolls. Keep in mind also that ISIS lives in the real world instead of the fuking internet (yes, there actually is a difference), and that IP addresses work both ways.
Yep. I mean, it's not like credit card numbers, personal information etc aren't on the internet or anything...

Quote:
Anonymous found that out the hard way once when they thought it would be fun to take on a Mexican Drug Cartel...

Member of Anonymous released by violent Mexican drug cartel after viral video threat* - NY Daily News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...SzmM_blog.html

If you really want to take on ISIS step out from behind your keyboard, grow a pair and join the military.

Me usim' big gun likem me real man! Me Ug da caveman! Me fight wit' primitive way and no usim me computer thing!

And there is no "Anonymous". It is more an idea than a group. The real bad asses are quietly doing their thing.

Once upon a time people using guns were called "cowards" for not using swords. Some people just stay forever behind the curve.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I'm confused, so you ordered different foods to their address, ordered a tranny hooker, and sent a desecrated image of the Koran?

You know own where this person lives? Creepy.

You let this eat you up inside?

Ahh...

I have to remember some people are not natives to the digital age.

Again, I cost him his job, his GF, a ton a money and sleep and made some very dangerous people his enemies, at least one of which I know showed up at his house (he told me when I called him)

And when you know someone's full name and where they were born, it is easy to find their address. And if people aren't careful, FB can easily be used to get them in trouble with EVERYONE, including people who nobody in their right mind would want to mess with.

And now when I think about him I'll think of how sad and small he sounded over the phone, trying to sound tough while being absolutely helpless. That satisfaction I will be with me my entire life.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Ignore these people. They don't understand that "trolling" is not the same as using cyberspace to RUIN someone's life by making their fiancee think they are into transexuals and breaking up, costing someone their job by placing several well places complaints to the right people, messing someone's sleep by having people call them at all hours of the night and using a false FB account to make VERY DANGEROUS people VERY angry with someone is NOT your average "trolling."
Uh huh.

Quote:
And I did it all while sipping on martinis...so much more civilized than "tracking him down and beating him up"
You 4chan folk are so urbane!

Quote:
I guess America is uncivilized for using drones as opposed to big mean with AK-47s to destroy ISIS.
Yes. You are America, your childhood bully is ISIS. Not a delusional analogy at all.

Quote:
But in all fairness, that kind of primitive thinking has been around forever. Some ancient Greeks thought Paris was a "coward" because he used a bow and arrow from a distance, and a "real mannnnn!!!!" (bangs chest, walks on knuckles) would have used a sword.
You've basically carried out, supposedly, what amounts to a bunch of dumb pranks, sprinkled with a touch of siccing supposed "very dangerous people" on sombody via Facebook (!), and to you, this is analogous to a Greek epic? You certainly are the hero of your own fantasies, no?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:52 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Uh huh.

You 4chan folk are so urbane!

Yes. You are America, your childhood bully is ISIS. Not a delusional analogy at all.

You've basically carried out, supposedly, what amounts to a bunch of dumb pranks, sprinkled with a touch of siccing supposed "very dangerous people" on sombody via Facebook (!), and to you, this is analogous to a Greek epic? You certainly are the hero of your own fantasies, no?
The OP does sound as if this has driven him nuts .

He has spent a lot of time planning, then carrying, this out. The funny part to me is that the other bully has no idea it was the OP. What's the point of all of this if you can't even gloat to the guy?

The OP even admitted that he would spend more time thinking about the destruction he has wrought. And is planning his next victim.

Hmmm... getting off on hurting other people. Feeling powerful by making others feel weak.

The OP is not a bully, though. See, it's different when it's him, ya know?

Old 05-14-2016, 05:30 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,031,884 times
Quote:
Yep. I mean, it's not like credit card numbers, personal information etc aren't on the internet or anything...

Me usim' big gun likem me real man! Me Ug da caveman! Me fight wit' primitive way and no usim me computer thing!

And there is no "Anonymous". It is more an idea than a group. The real bad asses are quietly doing their thing.

Once upon a time people using guns were called "cowards" for not using swords. Some people just stay forever behind the curve.

Lol whatever you have to tell yourself bro. If photoshopping a ducks head onto an pic of ISIS terrorist makes you feel like a man then rock on with your bad self!

Old 05-14-2016, 06:40 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,031,884 times
Quote:
Well... actually yeah, it is.

The bolded part is why people are calling you a coward bro. You got these "VERY DANGEROUS" people angry with this person with the hope of..... what. That they'd kick his ass?

If so then that begs the question of why you didn't come out from behind your keyboard and do it yourself?

See what I mean? Think about it...

Old 05-14-2016, 08:04 AM

807 posts, read 1,029,640 times
I think people that are bullied are more angry at themselves for not acting properly to the situation and defending themselves.

I find this in being a teacher. When I first started teaching and kids would bully me (didn't listen, didn't stop talking, acting out) I was mad at them for acting out, but I was really mad at myself for not doing the right thing to stop their behavior. I learned what to do in these situations to fix the problem instead of acting out against the kids with anger and resentment. Works out much better, and I stopped hating kids.

When you were a kid being bullied, you should have fought back, because bullies are the biggest cowards. Or hired a friend to kick that kids ass once in awhile, or learned karate. But by doing nothing, for whatever reason, you made it worst and carried that burden your whole life. And you were really only angry with yourself for not acting. People are a-holes, not much you can do about that, but you can control what you do and not doing anything caused your grief.

I agree with others, revenge really isn't the answer. You can't keep plotting revenge against every jerk you come across in life.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:24 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
I think people that are bullied are more angry at themselves for not acting properly to the situation and defending themselves.

I find this in being a teacher. When I first started teaching and kids would bully me (didn't listen, didn't stop talking, acting out) I was mad at them for acting out, but I was really mad at myself for not doing the right thing to stop their behavior. I learned what to do in these situations to fix the problem instead of acting out against the kids with anger and resentment. Works out much better, and I stopped hating kids.

When you were a kid being bullied, you should have fought back, because bullies are the biggest cowards. Or hired a friend to kick that kids ass once in awhile, or learned karate. But by doing nothing, for whatever reason, you made it worst and carried that burden your whole life. And you were really only angry with yourself for not acting. People are a-holes, not much you can do about that, but you can control what you do and not doing anything caused your grief.

I agree with others, revenge really isn't the answer. You can't keep plotting revenge against every jerk you come across in life.
You have a very valid point. But as far as the second paragraph goes though, telling people what they should've done years after the fact is a moot point. But the rest makes perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology