Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,053 times

Advertisements

You have my sympathy. NTJ is the closest one to Asperger syndrome, but without the executive functions problem. NTJ's have executive function out the kazoo. I hope that you have a high IQ and a good memory. But even so, not understanding social interaction, and having to know everything about everything can be a curse. Best solution is to choose a subject areas which is so large that you simply can't learn everything about it even in one life time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 07:34 PM

343 posts, read 316,694 times
i took the test and got INFP, while i like my results...i really feel that with 16 different personality types to get, i find it hard to believe that we can each be limited to only ONE personality type. I feel/think (haha) that in life, it is about the black and white AND the shades of grey..they all matter depending on the situation/person. Yeah we all have different personalities, but life also shapes us in different ways, and we all change throughout life. Life and our species are very complicated.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,918 times
Have you ever hard of a situational J type?
ENTJ, yet may test ENTP, then I am in the outer world of possibilities.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:33 AM

458 posts, read 329,174 times
Well according to Myers-Briggs, Y'all are supposed to be my people (ENFP!!!!)LOL

Old 05-28-2016, 09:48 AM

12,846 posts, read 9,045,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The online world tends to draw INTJ types, there are a lot of INTJ types on this forum. I think for one, it always us to interact when we want to, the introvert part of course is where that is coming from. I'm a sociable guy when I want to be, I'm not a person that needs lots of people around me, my dad is the exact opposite he's a pretty out there extrovert type and he desperately needs people around him. Everyone is different. It's what makes things interesting

Another INTJ here and yep, that is the big thing. I spend all week in the forced interaction called work and by weekend, just need to limit the interaction to recover. I honestly believe most non introverts can't understand the introvert type. We aren't anti social; it's just all the extroverts in the room suck all the life force out of us and we need alone time to recover.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Another INTJ here and yep, that is the big thing. I spend all week in the forced interaction called work and by weekend, just need to limit the interaction to recover. I honestly believe most non introverts can't understand the introvert type. We aren't anti social; it's just all the extroverts in the room suck all the life force out of us and we need alone time to recover.
"It's just all the extroverts in the room suck all the life force out of us and we need alone time to recover."

That's so perfectly well described. Ask me how I feel about something and I'll tell you. But I tend to always stand a little away, even if its something very much right for me, since there is always an 'except' attached. For me its being social. I'm a lot happier at home with the four legged kids, maybe talking to a friend on the cell phone, with a conversation you'd usually have in person. But with my phone its not getting in the way of other things. I can get coffee and feed the critters, no problem. I think that is part of why I like living alone. There's nothing to get into the way. I can have a perfectly good conversation as long as both of us want to talk. Having those close to other human vibes isn't needed.

I don't know about others, but the question I hate if you want a short answer is one which they expect a firm and unqualifyed yes or no. For me the how and where and ideas which get you there is as important as the final conclusion. There is no such thing as absolute. There can be a mostly to it, but that implies there is always a part which isn't. And when you follow through, all but a few deeply fundamental ideas are close enough to call an agreement.

I do remember as a kid feeling like I was the time traveler who got caught in the wrong time flow or somehow marooned where I just see them off in a distance, and didn't really 'fit' in the place I was in. And even as I kid, I knew that I really didn't *want* to. And my world was vivid and sharply defined in both 'feeling' and looks. And I got to be the kid who brought a book everywhere to fill in the blah times and was just as happy sitting off in the corner doing my thing as well. Except if there was some other kid with a book and we clicked and it didn't matter if anyone else did at all since finding that person is a deeply wonderful moment which doesn't come often enough.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:52 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
I took the test many times and always got INTJ. But I hardly ever think anything is black or white, and I don't like making decisions.

Although I have read about the test, the only letter I understand is the I. Ok I'm an introvert, I am not an extrovert.

I don't get N (intuition) vs S (sensing). Thinking vs feeling, ok I guess I understand that. Judging vs perceiving -- no, I don't know what that means.

I guess maybe the reason I always get INTJ is that I value logic and reason over just about everything. Too bad for me. But if INTJ means intuitive, then how come I am not? I am trying to be more intuitive, but my darned thinking overshadows everything.

I don't know. From what I heard the Myers-Briggs isn't all that scientific. There are other personality tests that supposedly are.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:26 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
So I'm an INTJ personality type and I don't get the rest of humanity. Most people don't make sense to me and always talk about "feelings" "how I feel" "but I think.." yada, yada. But they never have stats to back it up. Is life always black or white? Probably 90% of the time, at least to me since I'm a dreaded INTJ. But the majority of humans operate in the gray, which really grates on me over time. Then there's the issue of people never being able to make a decision quickly or at all. I just don't get it.

I guess from my measly Internet search, only 2% of the population identifies as an INTJ (is it true, who knows?) That would explain why I feel like an alien on Earth. Where are the rest of the INTJs? In prison, hiding under a rock, on the verge of committing suicide?

Oh well, this is a rant, commentary and general stream of consciousness post. However other INTJs are welcome to comment if they want or not.

In the other thread I said I found J's grating to be around because they have this black and white demeanor about them that I can't stomach. Your post kind of added a bit of confirmation to it.. Visit the INTJ forums and then go to the INTP forums.. the two are nothing alike. I score more in the area of INXX... my T/F and P/J aren't very pronounced.. I can be emotional or logical, and can be driven or flexible depending on the circumstances. Mostly I like to keep to myself.

Last edited by sholomar; 03-28-2018 at 06:36 AM..

Old 03-28-2018, 07:18 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
how come it's not IITJ? These people are overestimated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology