Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 01:06 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times

Advertisements

I met a woman who has some sort of personality disorder but I have never seen anything like it and can't find anything on line. This woman's mother has a personality disorder (not sure what) other than bat**it crazy so I am thinking it may be in her genes. The mother is controlling and thinks she is the smartest person there is. Even when she is wrong, she is right. The daughter shares this trait. Both will argue a point to the end if they think they are right and you are wrong. Both have to be the center of attention at all times and crave attention. Both have a terrible habit of buying things and returning them because they don't like them. Even before checkout they will say I will probably return this, I don't really like it. WHY the hell buy it then?

This differences stop here for the most part. Daughter is a control freak. Always has to be in charge. What to watch on TV, what to eat, when to eat, when to have sex etc etc. When she doesn't get her way (whatever it may involve) she goes into child-like behavior and pouts or gets mad and loud to the point of screaming. This woman is 45 years old so this is not normal.

Recently during a conversation over the next president (I normally don't talk sports, politics or religion) she got so pissed over my opinion that she said "oh my god, you are so stupid....I can't be your friend anymore" and I laughed. She got even madder because she was dead serious. I told her she was cracked and if she wanted to not be a friend because of a political disagreement, that was fine becase I don't need friends like that.

This woman drinks a lot and has a jekyl/hyde personality when drinking too. Nicest person sober (other than quirks) but a mean nasty drunk. Not a sexual person when sober but when drinking/drunk will single out a stranger and be extremely aggressive sexually and do things she would never do sober. She almost assumes a totally different personality when drunk. Kind of reminds me of someone who is bipolar, but I am no expert. The only reason I mention bipolar is the personality swings and the fact she can go a week on four hours sleep and wake up feeling like new and other times eight hours isn't enough. To top this all off, she lies about the stupidest and most simple of things, let alone the big things. When caught lying, she denies it was a lie and says "I just didn't tell the truth" or "it was nobody's business" and dismisses the lie.

Last but not least, she is overly protective of her family and their "Secrets" if you would call them that. It is nobody's business what our problems are or how my adult children behave. She try's to paint them of as normal when it is obvious the whole bunch is not a normally functioning family unit. When there are family issues she dives in the bottle to self-medicate and then finds some stranger to have sex with and it seems to cure her. I have never seen anything like it. Thoughts?? I am going to have to ditch her as a friend because it is just too weird for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 03:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Are you having sex with this person?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
In my unprofessional opinion, you should RUN.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you having sex with this person?
Oh hell no. An acquaintance from Tues wing nights who shares her tales of woe.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Daughter is a control freak. Always has to be in charge. What to watch on TV, what to eat, when to eat, when to have sex etc etc.
I'm confused then. How do you know this ^^ then?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:31 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Alcohol doesnt turn the 'nicest person in the world nasty'. Read up on Freuds ego-id-superego.
Be honest....you're friends with benefits.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:14 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
My professional opinion: you should hit it!

Old 06-11-2016, 07:55 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I met a woman who has some sort of personality disorder but I have never seen anything like it and can't find anything on line. This woman's mother has a personality disorder (not sure what) other than bat**it crazy so I am thinking it may be in her genes. The mother is controlling and thinks she is the smartest person there is. Even when she is wrong, she is right. The daughter shares this trait. Both will argue a point to the end if they think they are right and you are wrong.

Can imagine what it must be like if they have an argument with each other.... in a small room .... after a few drinks!

Old 06-13-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
My professional opinion: you should hit it!
I considered it but after what she has told me and her ex BF has told me, there is NO WAY. I am a people person (used to be a cop and deal with them all day) and I like to try to figure out what makes people tick. But I am not into crazy.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:38 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
I'm sure there is more to it, but part of her problem may be that she suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder, among other things. The craving of attention, always having to be right and calling those who don't agree stupid, controlling behavior, inflated sense of ego or self, very little tolerance for those who don't agree with them and so on. If she is a narcissist you should run, not walk away. There is no cure for narcissism because the person who has it can't or will never admit it. It is rare they get help and really work on it. This person only sees you and her other friends as a form of supply, to stroke her ego and make her feel good. A person like this is very dangerous to fall for, and unfortunately they can be easy to fall for in many cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology