Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 09:10 AM

2,225 posts, read 2,383,589 times

Advertisements

I took just one pill this morning and will only take one more later on in the afternoon. I still feel a little emotional right now.. and not quite like myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,212,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Please stop spreading unsubstantiated rumors. This is dangerous. People don't seek treatment that they, or their children, need because of opinions such as this.
Please don't call well proven and documented over 20 years of study by a Doctor, then countless success cases (including my own) unsubstantiated.

My belief is based on fact. It's not my opinion. I challenge anyone to try it. (but no cheating) It's a game-changer for anyone with ADD.

Dangerous is putting harmful chemicals into our bodies.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:55 AM

9,240 posts, read 14,791,278 times
OP- do yourself a favor and at least read this before deciding that you have ADD:

3 Facts About ADHD & Why It's a "Fictitious" Disorder - Healthy Concepts with a Nutrition Bias

Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,874,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
People do not get it. Ritalin is speed. It is similar to meth. Once you get use to it...coming off it will cause severe depression. Giving it to kids is bizarre. It is like giving your kid a snort of coke. Kids on this crap lose their appetite. The do not grow t full height and weight...they do not sleep properly. As for adult use...you may as well snort cocaine. Forget this crap...and if you are a male your libido goes out the window. Big pharma is not your friend...taking a stimulant is not the answer....as for ADD...It is you....live with it...and utilize your ability to be all over the place....adjust and accept yourself for what you are...dope is dope..
I love these uneducated opinions people have about medicines. They exist for a reason. As for whether Ritalin is appropriate for OP I have no idea. But blanket statements such as these are just uninformed. OP knows he shouldn't have increased the dosage. I'm not sure why he's asking us our opinions about such an obvious fact.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,569,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
OP- do yourself a favor and at least read this before deciding that you have ADD:

3 Facts About ADHD & Why It's a "Fictitious" Disorder - Healthy Concepts with a Nutrition Bias
My favorite part is the end, which blames autism on a gutful of "bad bacteria" and "inflammation." Quackery.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:19 PM

162 posts, read 154,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Surprised that within an hour it was diagnosed. No blood test? No cognitive testing? The fact though is, taking this medication above its prescribed dosage is irresponsible.

Try alternative medicine. It's mostly a change in foods and daily techniques.

The sad thing here in America is quick fix's. Instead of letting your body re-adjust to the changes brought about thru alternative medicine.

Doubtfull that changes will happen like your popapill antidote. Mostly the long term changes thru alter. Meds has proven safer.

Keep seeing the psych. I think your decision skills are skewed. He/She needs to co-ordinate better sensibility.

I understand your struggles, yet not familiar with the disregard for Meds.

Alternative medicine is a scam. It's worse than the crappy pills because it seems so harmless yet they charge so much money for these "natural" cures. Also, it's easy for people without add/hd to say "Oh just change your habits" or "Eat better." It's good advice don't get me wrong but it has 0.0000% effect on ADHD symptoms.

OP, I was diagnosed ADHD when I was a kid but wasn't medicated until I was 22. Stimulant meds take time to get used to but from my experience, when a doctor says play around with the dosage he usually means lower the dosage not up it. Give it a month and you will be ok.If you start having any really scary symptoms ALWAYS talk to your doctor. Also, don't listen to the neurotypicals bashing Ritalin as meth. They will never understand.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:57 AM

2,225 posts, read 2,383,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
Alternative medicine is a scam. It's worse than the crappy pills because it seems so harmless yet they charge so much money for these "natural" cures. Also, it's easy for people without add/hd to say "Oh just change your habits" or "Eat better." It's good advice don't get me wrong but it has 0.0000% effect on ADHD symptoms.

OP, I was diagnosed ADHD when I was a kid but wasn't medicated until I was 22. Stimulant meds take time to get used to but from my experience, when a doctor says play around with the dosage he usually means lower the dosage not up it. Give it a month and you will be ok.If you start having any really scary symptoms ALWAYS talk to your doctor. Also, don't listen to the neurotypicals bashing Ritalin as meth. They will never understand.
Thanks. Yeah, many people don't seem to believe ADD really exists. Do you really think it will fully start working in a month? I took the prescribed dosage yesterday and it wasn't helping my concentration issues... I was taking too long to complete tasks and felt unmotivated. I know I messed up by increasing my dosage, but I wonder if I will ever get back to normal.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:23 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,154,597 times
WHY are you on here still asking medical questions? Why don't you call your Dr back?

If they aren't answering your questions, find a new Dr.

We cannot answer your questions. Even if someone on here is a psychiatrist, all they can do is give you certain facts. We don't really know you. We don't know any of your other background, other medications, etc. Even if you told us, none of us know you.

I get asking "how did you feel on Ritalin?" but not to the extent you are asking.

I would never, ever ever increase (or decrease) a dosage of anything without first calling a Dr or Pharmacist. Even if your Dr told you to "play around", I would still call and speak with someone about why you are deciding to increase your dosage and see how they feel about your decision.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:02 PM

30,864 posts, read 36,783,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
People do not get it. Ritalin is speed. It is similar to meth. Once you get use to it...coming off it will cause severe depression. Giving it to kids is bizarre. It is like giving your kid a snort of coke. Kids on this crap lose their appetite. The do not grow t full height and weight...they do not sleep properly. As for adult use...you may as well snort cocaine. Forget this crap...and if you are a male your libido goes out the window. Big pharma is not your friend...taking a stimulant is not the answer....as for ADD...It is you....live with it...and utilize your ability to be all over the place....adjust and accept yourself for what you are...dope is dope..
Easy for me to say because I don't have ADD, but I generally agree with this assessment.

We absolutely must work very hard to reduce our dependence on pharmaceuticals of all kinds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology