Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times

Advertisements

Having sex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 01:11 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,776 times
Floating through Utah powder on a sunny day. Nothing else like it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GaT5gH1wV0w/maxresdefault.jpg

(that isn't me, but he's feeling it)

Old 07-05-2016, 01:36 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,040 times
After taking a couple of generic Excedrin tablets in the morning so
I don't feel so stiff and tired......

Old 07-05-2016, 03:31 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
In general, a windy, coastal day, on a bluff looking over the water makes me feel alive.

But so does having a long, warm, sentimental conversation with good friends, with a couple of glasses of wine (not too many, just 2-3 depending on just how long the conversation is).

So does being in the morning rush of the crowds near the commuter rail stations in downtown Chicago. When I first moved here and started working downtown, the morning and evening rushes were like watching the City breathe - a morning breath of people into the heart of the City, energized and ready to work, and evening exhale of people, tired from a day of work and heading home to rest and see family.

And so does a good bike ride, one on a path where I don't have to stop and can just ride continuously for hours, wind in my face, trees and grass blazing by.

The one time I tried candyflipping, that was a very alive feeling, too, almost lupine. Not necessarily worth the legal and neuro risks to try again, but the one time I'd be lying if I were to say it wasn't fun.

Rain, too, often makes me feel alive for some reason, whether while warm and dry and watching from inside, or out in the wet feeling it pour over me, both make me feel attuned to nature.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Krav Maga is an Israeli martial art. It's designed to be learned quickly, with simple and devastating moves to eliminate the threat as quickly as possible. It uses technique and momentum, rather than strength, meaning it can work for anyone of any size and age.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:27 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,687 times
For me it's when I'm racing. The thrill, the camaraderie and good natured banter in the paddock. Overall, it's just a good time. Just such a friggin expensive sport though unfortunately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWWwRySPFg

Cuddling with the wife is really good as well. Sorry, no video for that.

Also:
Walking on the beach in CA or OR.
Walking in the Redwoods.
When I get one of my programs to compile and also work correctly.
Scuba Diving

Last edited by HTY483; 07-05-2016 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-05-2016, 06:43 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
So when is it that you feel most alive? Is it when you're fixing up that old classic car? Is it when you're playing video games? Is it when you're working in your garden? Is it when you climax during sex? Is it when you're spending time with your kids?

See what I'm getting at? When is it that you feel most alive and are truly reaping the benefits of being above ground?
when i spend hours and hours handicapping horse races or sports games and then place money on the winner....no better feeling.

money won is sweeter than money earned.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:08 PM

10 posts, read 5,960 times
When I'm with my friends and laughing so hard that it hurts.
When I'm getting intimate (Also emotionally speaking) with a woman that I genuinely like, or just by simply cuddling.
The time I rode a horse by myself for the first time.
When a woman that I have become close with grabs my hands and puts them under her shirt and makes me caress her body.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:33 PM

86 posts, read 82,743 times
Nature, learning something new, being afraid and challenged, overcoming adversity, and each day when I open my eyes to live another day.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:38 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times
Doing anything that creates an adrenaline rush !
It makes me feel like I'm right here, right now.
Laser focused with all the senses fully engaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology