Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:41 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Um, ok.

You're really going to try to psycho-analyze me? ...a completely random internet stranger whom you have absolutely zero knowledge about.

To reiterate, no I'm not a psychopath. I'm 100% sure of that.

In my opinion, most psycopaths actually do know that they are. Have you ever seen an interview with somebody like Jeffrey Dahmer? He was well-aware of his evil and never tried to deny it.

Get a clue.
Trait #10: POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS — Expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

By the way, I thought your initial post about drinking black coffee and not being a psychopath was just you trying to be funny. My response to you was a failed attempt at sarcastic humor. Perhaps decaf is in order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 02:41 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I thought this was fascinating.

In a nutshell, the three possible signs are:

1. They are immune to yawning stimuli
2. They take a lot of selfies
3. They order black coffee

3 Hidden Signs That Someone is a Psychopath

Wtf. Dude I order black coffee.
No in the selfies or not yawning

Old 08-29-2016, 11:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
Another sign of psychopaths is they post a lot of comments in City-Data. Like over 20,000!

Old 08-30-2016, 12:03 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Another sign of psychopaths is they post a lot of comments in City-Data
Hey, up yours, man! * sips black coffee *

Old 09-05-2016, 03:04 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
I guess I'm not a psychopath, lol. I don't even drink coffee, yawn ALL the time, and take very few selfies. A lot of people use sayings like these to boost their egos though.. like this old saying, that we've all seen:

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

A truly wise person would not need to make a statement like this or think they are better than someone else because of what they talk about. I admit I don't like talking about people, but I don't think I'm better than everyone else either. No, you are not wiser or better than people who take lots of selfies. Learn to see life from their perspective and keep an open mind, you'll be much more at peace in the end.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:05 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
I take my coffee black...like my sociopaths.

I yawn when other people yawn, and I figure any day without at least a little guilt over some imagined transgression or other is just a downright weird day, but I remember reading somewhere years ago (when I was a pre-teen) that sociopaths aren't ticklish and being terrified, because I wasn't ticklish. I thought I was suddenly going to wake up and start murdering helpless infants or drowning puppies or something.

They keep changimg up all the little weird things that mean you MUST be a psycho. Now it's coffee?? I think if you're worried and upset about possibly being a sociopath, you probably aren't, because AFAIK they don't feel guilt and don't question their usury and other antisocial actions. So don't worry. If you do worry about the possibility of being a sociopath then you almost certainly aren't one and if you are one, you aren't worrying about it anyway.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:57 AM

248 posts, read 194,328 times
How about an NPD? Now these are scary people!! Most psych terms are only used to charge for insurance. The world is full of people w/ psych problems. Agree w/ NLVgal.

Okay, I strayed from the topic. Afterall, one size does not fit all. For all anyone knows we could all dangerous depending on the situation.

Those 3 things fit a lot of folks...EGADS!!! I may not ever leave my home again! I have a phobia.

Selfies do not apply. I yawn at some things while at other things can perhaps cause me to snore. I like black coffee occasionally.

I definitely do not believe everything I read either.

Surely I must have type of diagnosis. BORING would work.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:59 AM

997 posts, read 936,482 times
Phew!!! I think I passed.

I am a sympathetic yawner.

I take my coffee any way, but sometimes black so maybe those are isolated psychopath days. I will take note.

I hate having my picture taken by anybody including myself.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:44 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,987 times
I'm definitely not a psychopath. However, I think at least one of my other personalities might be.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I'm definitely not a psychopath. However, I think at least one of my other personalities might be.
No, no...that personality has MPD, not an antisocial disorder.

You're okay, though. It's just that other dude that's the problem. HE'S CRAZY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology