Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
When I retired 5 years ago, I stopped paying attention to the international and national news since there was literally nothing I could do about it, and it just made me sad. i wish I had done that for this election too. But I've turned it all off now, and know who I'm voting for. Do I like Hillary? Not especially. Does she have the qualifications? Yes, in spades. Trump would get us into a war, or align himself with dictators. He's got narcissistic personality disorder, and may even be on cocaine.
It's a shame you weren't really paying attention to politics.

Trump's never taken a drink in his life let alone used drugs. He's famous for that.

And it's Hillary who's always been called the Hawk and Trump the dove. So you're getting that from Hillary surrogates and negative ads.

It IS hilarious to me though, that people love to diagnose Trump as NPD and think the Clintons are just what? Well rounded "plain folks"? LOL They just happen to think they need to destroy Christianity to "help America"? (Wikileaks)

And what was Saul Alinksy (her hero/mentor) and Margaret Sanger?

I'd say being determined to be the leader of the world your entire life - versus building the most skyscrapers - has a slight edge on the NPD spectrum.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-13-2016 at 10:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I judge character by how people raise their children. Chelsea Clinton is a spoiled brat, she has no credentials in her public life. While Ivanka, Eric Trump all have much higher academic backgrounds and business acumen.
That's TOTALLY untrue and I despise the Clintons. Chelsea has a doctorate and the Trumps don't. Of course they do surpass her in job creation and business but that's not anything Democrats value in elections.

And even though she snagged a $900K job right out of school, her working for the corrupt Foundation is enough credential for Democrats.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:23 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,019,984 times
OP,

I can't opine about the PTSD, but I can reassure you that you are one of many women who have experienced the same reaction to Trump. I tried "watching" the first debate by reading a live transcript online. That did not work for what should be an obvious reason. I skipped the second debate altogether because I have a strong physical reaction to hearing Trump's tone of voice and abusive demeanor. I tense up and become nauseated. It is a common reaction for people (this also includes men) who have been physically and/or verbally abused. This will NEVER go away so the simple solution is avoidance. Since I assume you are not masochistic, my advice is to turn off the T.V. Seriously.

The very first presidential debate I ever saw was in the 3rd grade when my class watched the Kennedy - Nixon debate on a black and white t.v. (I voted for Nixon in our class election.) This year is the first time in my life I have EVER skipped a presidential debate. Since I am now 64 years old this is a big deal.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I know what you mean. I've been groped before in a similar way to Trump's groping. So I know from personal experience just how horrible that mindset he has is.
Yeah apparently lots of women agree.

In fact, the one making the complaint used the EXACT SAME STORY AND WORD FOR WORD lifted right out of courtroom testimony in the UK LOL.

The entire groping article is made up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/u...

12:25, 18 JAN 2014 UPDATED 14:53, 3 SEP 2014

Roache, still wearing his Ken Barlow clothes and make-up, then lunged at the *14-year-old autograph hunter, grabbed both of her breasts and reached into her skirt, jurors heard.

But the woman claimed she was too scared to flee the alleged attack.

The witness said in a police interview: “He was like an octopus, hands *everywhere"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10...

"According to Ms. Leeds, Mr. Trump grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt

"He was like an octopus", she said. "His hands were everywhere""

Megan Twohey got caught making this kind of crap up before in May where she twisted the women's words and got called out on it.

2 Words to Eliminate in 2016...

They really aren't even very good at it anymore but people still fall for it. Even after all the liars about Herman Cain failed to to a single thing or even show up at hearings after HE dropped out last time.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-13-2016 at 10:56 AM..

Old 10-13-2016, 11:27 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Yeah apparently lots of women agree.

In fact, the one making the complaint used the EXACT SAME STORY AND WORD FOR WORD lifted right out of courtroom testimony in the UK LOL.

The entire groping article is made up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/u...

12:25, 18 JAN 2014 UPDATED 14:53, 3 SEP 2014

Roache, still wearing his Ken Barlow clothes and make-up, then lunged at the *14-year-old autograph hunter, grabbed both of her breasts and reached into her skirt, jurors heard.

But the woman claimed she was too scared to flee the alleged attack.

The witness said in a police interview: “He was like an octopus, hands *everywhere"

"According to Ms. Leeds, Mr. Trump grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt

"He was like an octopus", she said. "His hands were everywhere""

Megan Twohey got caught making this kind of crap up before in May where she twisted the women's words and got called out on it.

2 Words to Eliminate in 2016...

They really aren't even very good at it anymore but people still fall for it. Even after all the liars about Herman Cain failed to to a single thing or even show up at hearings after HE dropped out last time.
Wow. That's kind of amazing. How could the NY Times have printed this without vetting it carefully? It's a pretty serious charge to level against someone.

Oh, I know! They don't want Trump to win, so they'll just publish any garbage that falls in their lap, hoping most people will just believe it.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:33 AM

120 posts, read 90,501 times
Such a very important thread this is regarding this guy being a loud reminder of what many, many,many of us have been through! To the OP, great job at posting.
I thought I was feeling the effects of my own story of abusive and intimidating treatment done to me in my life.
However, in the last week, not only after the tape that was released, but also, then after the 2nd debate showing this guy hovering in, what in my senses was a predatory type manner, behind Hilary Clinton, each of my friends and my 2 brothers felt sickened by this guy. So it's not just me, not just you. It is possibly millions of people who are feeling this way.
The unsettling feelings we are having are valid.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:57 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
As a comedian said recently, it feels like we're not watching an election, so much as the Series Finale of America.

Good Luck to all of us when Hillary gets elected and then gets impeached or forced to resign over whatever Julian Assange releases in January.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:59 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Is this a joke?

Trump made a dumb comment 11 years ago (!!) but confirmed that he never did anything like that but Bill Clinton did the raping and groping and Trump gets all the nasty comments? You guys can't be serious??

If you have a hard time looking at Trump, did you cry every time you saw Bill Clinton?

Last edited by oh-eve; 10-13-2016 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-13-2016, 03:26 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
As a comedian said recently, it feels like we're not watching an election, so much as the Series Finale of America.

Good Luck to all of us when Hillary gets elected and then gets impeached or forced to resign over whatever Julian Assange releases in January.
That is funny. However Assange, if he has anything good won't wait until January. I would think he would release everything before the election if taking her down is his goal. And given with what has come out, it doesn't look too harmful to Hillary's campaign unless you visit Breitbart, where everything is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Is this a joke?

Trump made a dumb comment 11 years ago (!!) but confirmed that he never did anything like that but Bill Clinton did the raping and groping and Trump gets all the nasty comments? You guys can't be serious??

If you have a hard time looking at Trump, did you cry every time you saw Bill Clinton?
1. The talk about groping, along with allegations (dismissed or not) are still, in combinations with other character judgments and temperament make him unabashedly unfit to be president (at least in my eyes, as I mentioned the guy is just chaotic). Nevermind the fact that on anything other than being an "expert" in taxes, his actual views on policy are rice paper thin; he just doesn't know anything.

2. Bill Clinton's allegations didn't really come up until he was in office. He was impeached for lying and he's a creep there's no doubt. But...

3. Bill Clinton isn't running for office.

The irony is, and what most normal conservatives are upset about is that the issues aren't being talked about because of all of these accusations. We only really got a glimmer of that with the Pence/Kaine debate.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:48 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
That is funny. However Assange, if he has anything good won't wait until January. I would think he would release everything before the election if taking her down is his goal. And given with what has come out, it doesn't look too harmful to Hillary's campaign unless you visit Breitbart, where everything is.

1. The talk about groping, along with allegations (dismissed or not) are still, in combinations with other character judgments and temperament make him unabashedly unfit to be president (at least in my eyes, as I mentioned the guy is just chaotic). Nevermind the fact that on anything other than being an "expert" in taxes, his actual views on policy are rice paper thin; he just doesn't know anything.

2. Bill Clinton's allegations didn't really come up until he was in office. He was impeached for lying and he's a creep there's no doubt. But...

3. Bill Clinton isn't running for office.

The irony is, and what most normal conservatives are upset about is that the issues aren't being talked about because of all of these accusations. We only really got a glimmer of that with the Pence/Kaine debate.
i don't like Trump either.

But Hillary supported Bill. And she intimitated and paid off this victims ... Just because she is an (old) woman and doesn't look threatening doesn't mean she isn't dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology