Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 02:36 PM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have a great point to share on this but am running late, would you mind sending me a DM later to remind me to add my very worthwhile comment?
Now that was clever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 03:40 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,660 times
If you cared about any of these people you mentioned, you might feel bad that they missed their event, and they'll blame you.

Stuff like this is annoying, but I just swallow it to keep life going smoothly. It's like, why am I always the one to do the laundry when my spouse can but doesn't?????

Old 11-18-2016, 04:28 PM

19,111 posts, read 25,299,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
None of which is for you to decide I need advice on. It's my business, it's my health.
Perhaps I should have used a different term than "mothering".

Clearly, you don't understand that while you thought it was a gift of love, the recipient likely found it akin to meddling.
The problem for you is that you don't know the person, or his health issues, or the fact that he had repeatedly asked me for advice on his diet after his MD gave him some ominous warnings about several health conditions. After giving him the requested advice on multiple occasions, I asked him if he would like a newsletter on that overall topic, and he assented. A few years later, he apparently decided that he didn't want that publication any longer, and I can respect that decision on his part, although I would have appreciated a direct statement from him, rather than his failure to reply regarding the topic.

Clearly, you shouldn't comment on interpersonal relationships unless you know both parties, and unless you know exactly what transpired between them.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Now that was clever!

Old 11-21-2016, 07:29 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The problem for you
Actually, it isn't my issue at all. Wasn't it you who complained that this friend no longer answers your email?

*shrugs*

Old 11-21-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Actually, it isn't my issue at all. Wasn't it you who complained that this friend no longer answers your email?

No, you misread/misinterpreted what I posted. While he ignored my question regarding renewal of that publication three times, he has continued to communicate on every other topic. Obviously, his silence spoke volumes, but I would have appreciated a polite response--of any type--to my question instead of silence on that issue.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:45 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
I would have appreciated a polite response--of any type--to my question instead of silence on that issue.
Maybe he knew it would only cause a lengthy back-and-forth argument.

/replies

Old 11-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Maybe he knew it would only cause a lengthy back-and-forth argument.
I would hope that he would have known better than to make that assumption. In my second e-mail on the topic of the subscription, I even told him, If you are no longer interested in that publication, just let me know. No harm, no foul. I just need to know, as the renewal deadline is coming up very soon.

That should have been his signal to just let me know, one way or the other, but...

Old 11-23-2016, 06:17 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,469,411 times
Quote:
I would hope that he would have known better than to make that assumption. In my second e-mail on the topic of the subscription, I even told him, If you are no longer interested in that publication, just let me know. No harm, no foul. I just need to know, as the renewal deadline is coming up very soon.

That should have been his signal to just let me know, one way or the other, but...
Maybe it went to spam due to a keyword such as 'subscription'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology