Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times

Advertisements

When I was younger I didn't go after what I truly wanted to do. Writing, acting, comedy. I spent all my time worrying and fearing. I dabbled in them a bit but could never commit. Now I don't want to do anything anymore. I have no more passion, not even for those arts. I spend my days fighting myself. I feel like a burnt out 50 year old when I'm not even 30 yet. What gives? :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 02:46 PM

866 posts, read 629,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
When I was younger I didn't go after what I truly wanted to do. Writing, acting, comedy. I spent all my time worrying and fearing. I dabbled in them a bit but could never commit. Now I don't want to do anything anymore. I have no more passion, not even for those arts. I spend my days fighting myself. I feel like a burnt out 50 year old when I'm not even 30 yet. What gives? :/
Perhaps you need a spiritual fix. Try one of these:

JIM NEWMAN

youtube.com/watch?v=jaHRGC18Bb8

youtube.com/watch?v=QZ7K0uErSiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=pxgl4NONbaY

youtube.com/watch?v=zyR5CQNbqUI

youtube.com/watch?v=Bie7kfr4A_M

Any of these links can take you deeper and deeper into the realization of who/what you truly are as Pure Being and not a lost, confused or unhappy person/self.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:35 PM

Thanks. I'll check them out when I get home. I also realized today that I'm on PMS. Explains why I've been feeling like crap all week.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:14 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
GK, I hear you and have been thinking about this lately. Look up "resistance." You want to do these things but something in you resists. I know. But the problem is that you wear yourself out resisting--no wonder you feel old. I'm working on setting intentions right now--making myself do something. . . anything. . . commit to something, even if for only one day. Also, I've started meditating and I think that helps. I feel more energetic now and I feel happier when I'm doing something that I've committed to. Great cure for depression.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:26 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
GK, I hear you and have been thinking about this lately. Look up "resistance." You want to do these things but something in you resists. I know. But the problem is that you wear yourself out resisting--no wonder you feel old. I'm working on setting intentions right now--making myself do something. . . anything. . . commit to something, even if for only one day. Also, I've started meditating and I think that helps. I feel more energetic now and I feel happier when I'm doing something that I've committed to. Great cure for depression.
I am glad to hear that, stepka. Hope you are doing well.

And to the OP, often these are the times that spur you on to try to make a change. It's what you are looking for, or you wouldn't have bothered to ask this question and start the thread.

I'm 58. I also didn't do what I should have done when I was younger, but I've only got now. I am going through a time when I am feeling a spark of life coming back after being kind of dim for a while. Let's all keep going and see what's next, shall we?

Old 12-29-2016, 09:27 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
Here's another way to look at this time in your life:

The Skinny on Saturn Returns: What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger | The Huffington Post

Old 12-29-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Very interesting article. I am actually around 29.5 years old and am going through number 1 (letting go). For the past two years it definitely felt like everything that wasn't serving me was either stepping away from me or making it so I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I used to have a hard time cutting people out of my life but recently I decided to block someone on social media who I didn't feel was serving me in any way. She left an annoying comment and looking back I decided this person has been annoying me for a long time so bye bye. I don't even have the desire to date anymore. For the first time since I've starting dating a few years ago, I'm just sitting by myself feeling more content than being with someone else and not even bothering to look. I'm definitely figuring out what I don't want right now.

It's a little harder to figure out what I do want and actually go for it. I daydream a lot but it's a lot of different and scattered things. Unfortunately none of them feel substantial enough for me to want and do something about it. I'll start paying more attention to what I daydream about. Hopefully it will give me a clue but I've also been trying out a lot of different things. I find that i enjoy physical things a lot. I love being at the gym and working out. I have no problem going 5-6 days a week. In fact sometimes I wish I could go twice a day. I just did scuba diving for the first time and loved it. The instructors thought I did so well and couldn't believe that it was my first time. I also went rappelling for the first time and people were surprised how fast I climbed down. Maybe it was the rappelling guides but that was also one of the few days I felt genuinely happy and connected to somebody. I do spend a lot of my time reading up on fitness articles. I just like it for myself. Not sure how I could help anyone with it or do anything with it. I barely think of acting anymore. I'm thinking my interests has shifted...

Old 12-30-2016, 06:46 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,363 times
To get your passion back, help someone less fortunate than you.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:31 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Life satisfaction ebbs and flows I have found. I think with time if you keep talking and thinking about it (and don't pick up any negative substitutes for satisfaction) you'll work your way out of it again.

Sometimes the only thing required after all is acceptance of your present condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology