Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:52 PM

40 posts, read 34,740 times

Advertisements

I have an uncle who lives in a trailer park and he has a filthy mouth. Every other word is the f word, the s word, the n word, the c word, or the d word. If you can think of a curse word, he says it regularly. He also drinks and smokes. In the evening, he watches wrestling matches and sometimes he makes farting sounds and laughs at it. His trailer is a complete mess and he dresses like a slob.

How do people get that way? I'm just glad I turned out normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 09:22 PM

626 posts, read 625,661 times
My x-wife is a lot like that and I didn't fully find out until after we got married. Every other word is literally a cuss word because she doesn't know she is doing it. Then when you finally get passed off and do the same thing she cries.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Competent Boob View Post

How do people get that way?
Because "being good" and acting right are hard.

Congrats on turning out normal, though. Must be nice

Old 01-17-2017, 06:24 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
My x-wife is a lot like that and I didn't fully find out until after we got married. Every other word is literally a cuss word because she doesn't know she is doing it. Then when you finally get passed off and do the same thing she cries.
Did she wait until you were married to start cussing every other word and not know that she was doing it?

Old 01-17-2017, 08:11 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,898,193 times
Quote:
I have an uncle who lives in a trailer park and he has a filthy mouth. Every other word is the f word, the s word, the n word, the c word, or the d word. If you can think of a curse word, he says it regularly. He also drinks and smokes. In the evening, he watches wrestling matches and sometimes he makes farting sounds and laughs at it. His trailer is a complete mess and he dresses like a slob.

Well, if your uncle's upbringing was similar to the way he lives now, there is no mystery. But if his own childhood was more on the "normal" side, then there is something to be explained. (Not that I have any explanation.)

Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
The peasants use to have tradition to guide them,now they don't,so they decline.I hope your kids don't end up that way if it's in the genes.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:48 AM

343 posts, read 316,466 times
i would think their environment growing up...or some people just end up in places like that and they kind of adopt the mindset, some people have it rough in life. But regardless, growing up or not can determine our future.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:31 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,642,228 times
Some people have bizarre habits and they don't think it's gross.

Or maybe your uncle is miserable on the inside.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:57 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Mozart was like that. They say he was on the autism spectrum, or something. It can be a symptom of a mental illness or some unusual condition.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:

What is "normal" (in the judgemental sense of the word)? Last time I checked, "normal" is in the eye of the beholder. Some things that are normal in one place or group are abnormal in others. As long as he's not hurting or being contemptuous of anybody, this list is just complaints with little, if any, substance. I highly doubt his ways are little more than an irritation to you, so I say accept him as he is or simply avoid him as much as you can. Your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology