Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
But he never reacted so agressively angry to striking out with women before. My Mom says the same thing, that it's him and not the medication, but started a few weeks after he started taking the medication. So I find peculiar how no one seems to be seeing the "coincidental timing".

Nobody wants to admit that modern psychiatric meds aren't anywhere near the wonder drugs they are made out to be, and that we understand far, far less about the brain than is made out.

I have no expertise with autism, but I know there are a lot of people without autism who are "treated as inferior by others, may not ever have a woman in their life, or the kinds of friends that other people do." He needs to know that, and I would think for someone without autism support groups or group therapy might be useful. Knowing other people who have similar problems can be reassuring. But I have no idea if that's an appropriate treatment for someone with autism.

I agree it sounds like a bad and possibly dangerous situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Your brother?

Old but accurate, I think.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
Okay thanks. I'm not sure if reassurance would help him cause we have tried to reassure him and I think he just actually wants the problem to be solved, rather than be okay with having the problem. But maybe it will help...

Old 02-04-2019, 11:46 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Hopefully this isn't out of line...

I often wonder if the OP is actually talking about himself when he mentions his brother.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:02 AM

No I am talking about my brother. Why would I be talking about myself? I mentioned before on here, how I have a gf, unlike my brother, and that hasn't changed.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

I often wonder if the OP is actually talking about himself when he mentions his brother.

Seems completely out of line to me.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Okay thanks. I'm not sure if reassurance would help him cause we have tried to reassure him and I think he just actually wants the problem to be solved, rather than be okay with having the problem. But maybe it will help...

Its one thing to be reassured and another thing to reassure yourself by being exposed to people with similar problems. But again I have no idea what someone with autism would respond. But as an extension of that thought, maybe there are support groups for people with autism?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:01 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:

Quote:
No I am talking about my brother. Why would I be talking about myself? I mentioned before on here, how I have a gf, unlike my brother, and that hasn't changed.
It's not uncommon for someone with an embarrassing problem to ask questions and say it's their "friend" who has the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Seems completely out of line to me.
Why? The OP seemed ok with it....and it's cleared up now.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
It's not uncommon for someone with an embarrassing problem to ask questions and say it's their "friend" who has the problem.

Why? The OP seemed ok with it....and it's cleared up now.
+1.

Truly, I'm interested to know the family dynamic in general...

All adult "children" (with admitted issues) living at home?

OP is this the situation? Could explain parents thought processes?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 PM

Well I wanted to move out before, but may have some money problems coming up that I talked about before in a previous thread. But my brother lives at home still cause it's hard for him to support himself with his condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology