Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:29 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,721,344 times

Advertisements

I just want folks to know that not all my moments are action packed. I usually go out with friends on Friday nights but I have to go chaperone a high school dance tonight. Well I'll go make it fun. But yeah, low spot in the winter and recovering from a minor surgery but there are so many great books. . . and then I get to look forward to traveling to Chile to see my daughter this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 09:30 PM

48,296 posts, read 34,425,363 times
I find my life interesting. I'm never bored, I have lot of variety, I find my husband interesting.... I never thought about it before.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I find my life interesting. I'm never bored, I have lot of variety, I find my husband interesting.... I never thought about it before.
I think I just came to a realization. I've been looking to find a partner for years--have had many dates but nothing seems to stick. It has occurred to me that the problem I'm having is finding an interesting man. Now I know what some of you are thinking--God preserve us from interesting partners, but I'm talking about interesting conversation, not drama. LOL. I want what you have.

A few years ago I dated a very interesting man--we could talk for hours. He turned out to be absolutely bat-shuyt crazy.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:45 AM

48,296 posts, read 34,425,363 times
I think the curse is "may you live in interesting times", not "may you have an interesting mate."

For me that's a HUGE thing in a partner, but what happens is, we can do anything together and it's fun.

On the flip side, between RA/FM and menopause, I was so foggy brained I literally thought I had a stroke before being diagnosed. I was worried I wasn't able to interest HIM.

When I was dating on OLD I was the irritating chick who wouldn't meet a guy until we had chatted (in some form) for a couple weeks. If the convo wasn't good, I preferred staying home.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the curse is "may you live in interesting times", not "may you have an interesting mate."

For me that's a HUGE thing in a partner, but what happens is, we can do anything together and it's fun.

On the flip side, between RA/FM and menopause, I was so foggy brained I literally thought I had a stroke before being diagnosed. I was worried I wasn't able to interest HIM.

When I was dating on OLD I was the irritating chick who wouldn't meet a guy until we had chatted (in some form) for a couple weeks. If the convo wasn't good, I preferred staying home.
Well I suppose it could be a curse having an interesting mate, depending on what you mean by interesting. If you're stewing at night b/c you're alone, either physically or emotionally, that's not interesting, though it can make for some good stories. OTOH, if you guys have great chemistry and a lot of love, as it sounds like you do, that is exciting. Makes everything worth it, even dealing with the health issues.

So I'm chatting with a man OL right now and he is quite interesting, but he lives in Cleveland and I live in the southern corner of Missouri, so no telling when we'll meet, but he is fun to talk to. Till then I'm whooping it up in town whenever I get a chance and going dancing every chance I get so who knows. I don't drink alcohol but life is still fun and I can remember everything the next morning.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:03 PM

526 posts, read 450,308 times
So far, I find my life to be about as interesting as a cutesy little family movie. Maybe things will change as I grow up, for better or worse.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,174,291 times
I find my life boring and monotonous. I would love a little excitement in it; not the bad kind - but something that gives me a change of pace from the same old, same old. Like winning the lottery. :-)

Old 02-07-2017, 08:00 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,077,267 times
In my life, I have discovered that "interesting" isn't usually a good thing.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,533,415 times
My life is pretty boring, work hard all week, party hard every weekend, sleep alone every night. Not interesting at all.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:20 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,017,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Emotionally neglected childhoods, got my hind end to counseling, read books, did group, made friend with those trying to better themselves too, Out with the old, in with the new.

It was my life and total focus for a couple of years. It was like getting another degree. Stayed out of the dating scene till I got myself together.

Met a like minded very successful man who did the same thing. We got married. Now we have a BIG interesting life. At work and play.

It takes time and focus. Anyone can do it. But like being a business owner, most won't do it. Won't even list the excuses, too negative.
OMG, are you my wife posting under that name?

I feel exactly the same way. So much so I have to stop myself from giggling to myself every now and then.

Some people may assume that this means I/we have never faced adversity. Nothing could be more wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology