Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 11:42 AM

712 posts, read 529,850 times

Advertisements

Would most women would date a man much shorter than her? lol I totally disagree most women just care about a man's personality. It couldn't be farther from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 11:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
you're making the argument for me. You'll do for now, until his dating market value increases while yours decreases
If that's the basis of your relationship then I feel bad for anybody in such a superficial relationship.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
JustCuriouss...

Is that you?

If so, why are you still holding on to these false beliefs?

Men and women stay together for many reasons. Some superficially, but I would wager that most monogamous long-term couples stay together because they enjoy each other's company. Initially it is romantic love that gets us there.

My wife is my best friend who has become something even more. A long term partner is hoisted to an elevated position that really has no equal. We've been together for almost 15 years now and our lives are practically one.

I'm really truly sorry that your preconceptions and/or experiences about romantic love are preventing you from ever really experiencing that.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:55 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Would most women would date a man much shorter than her? lol I totally disagree most women just care about a man's personality. It couldn't be farther from the truth.
Well, at 5'10, I dated a man who was 5'7. Confidence is sexy.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Yes race is crucial,I agree,a good majority of people don't want to date outside their race.

Unless you are a Kardashian

Old 01-31-2017, 12:14 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
she didn't agree with my opinion....
S/he also didn't actually cite any "science," just listed some random thoughts that included sciency words.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
if anything, the most beautiful women are the LEAST promiscuous, because they get "first pick" on which men they want - selecting the ones with both resources and good genes.
Actually, that's not true for a good percentage of women in that category. Some, especially young ones, get carried away with the effect they have on men, and go around racking up as many conquests as possible. They get very ego-involved. They leave a lot of human wreckage in their relationship wake as they speed through life, and they don't care.

At your age, you're far from an authority on the topics you choose to opine about.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:35 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
Glad to see you found a way to condone infidelity in women.
Right, as opposed to the guys who use "biology" to condone infidelity in men.... I didn't notice you calling out that post.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:33 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, that's not true for a good percentage of women in that category. Some, especially young ones, get carried away with the effect they have on men, and go around racking up as many conquests as possible. They get very ego-involved. They leave a lot of human wreckage in their relationship wake as they speed through life, and they don't care.
And your statistics or proof? Scientific surveys or polls? Or just your biased opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right, as opposed to the guys who use "biology" to condone infidelity in men.... I didn't notice you calling out that post.
Both men and women are subject to the same temptations towards infidelity.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:40 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
S/he also didn't actually cite any "science," just listed some random thoughts that included sciency words.

I wrote about some basic theories in evolutionary psychology of what may attract and keep people together. Evolutionary psychology is theoretical, these are not proven unquestionable facts, but there is scientific thought and research behind the theories. I included it without a lot of explanation because I felt the OP would understand based on her name and the nature of her post.

Popular media and culture do often present many of these theories as facts but it is important to note that many of these ideas aren't proven scientific facts that can't be questioned. There is good evidence for what I wrote in my post but it’s still theory and people are affected differently.

Last edited by detshen; 02-01-2017 at 01:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology