Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 08:13 AM

676 posts, read 528,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
I called it illogical and debunked it by proving that the two can coexist, when she clearly indicated that they could not. Now you were illogical in calling my logical statement illogical.
Rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:20 AM

676 posts, read 528,329 times
Quote:
most women don't feel this way? see how women behave when beautiful women are in the room when they are with their men. They show signs of possessiveness, such as holding hands with their men, or holding onto them, or trying to divert their men's attention from the other women.

Sexual jealousy is ingrained in all of us, less so in the securely attached, but in all of us nonetheless.
Agreed that jealousy is a part of being human AND it shows up more in some than in others. Usually based on the level of threat that the individual feels. This perception of a threat is often due to both the individual's personality and their feelings of security within the relationship that is perceived as being threatened.

So an individual could be 'the jealous type' and/or they could be feeling jealous because their partner either encourages it or disregards their feelings of insecurity.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Many men are intimidated by very attractive women. I would say, most affairs are with a co-worker or the "woman next door"....

Old 02-07-2017, 09:03 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
I have heard that very beautiful women can sometimes have trouble getting dates because they are so beautiful that men are afraid of rejection and so they don't approach them. Isn't that ironic?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:22 AM

50,776 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
most women don't feel this way? see how women behave when beautiful women are in the room when they are with their men. They show signs of possessiveness, such as holding hands with their men, or holding onto them, or trying to divert their men's attention from the other women.

Sexual jealousy is ingrained in all of us, less so in the securely attached, but in all of us nonetheless.

I would assume that works both ways, and it's actually subconscious, not overt, and it certainly doesn't mean those women don't trust their men. I know my guy isn't perfect, but I would bet my 401K that he won't cheat on me. To imply all men are cheaters and will follow the next shiny thing, again, to me is an incredible disservice to men.

Paul Newman could have had any number of gorgeous women, but he remained devoted to Joanne Woodward until death separated them.

I don't think there are more than 10-20% of men in the world who just dump women they love and trade them in like cars. The vast, vast majority are perfectly capable of loyalty and love, and want a partner for life.

OP maybe you are doing something wrong or picking wrong or something. We might be able to help you if you ask. Again, I'm 54 and I understand it's hard dating, but many of us succeed in finding love regardless.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I am sick of beautiful women. I work with a lot of them and they are all stuck up and low on information. They perceive all guys having weakness towards their looks except for gays and they think looks can buy them anything. A conversation with a pretty woman is usually rather boring being they have very limited conversational topics.

Much rather find a smart woman that requires you to win their heart with humor and intelligence.
Surely there must be some middle-ground there?

I'm a girl but I feel like being stuck-up makes a pretty girl seem uglier while confidence can make a plain girl pretty.

How long does it take for a guy to realize that a girl is actually stuck up vs confident? Or smart? This is an actual sincere question based on something that happened to me several years ago.

I was asked out for a first date by a guy I had known for years. Not as a friend but very casually, in that we had mutual friends, wound up at the same events, parties & I knew he knew an ex of mine , etc ...that sort of thing.

But after the date he told me "I think I screwed up but I'd like to see you again; like this weekend maybe?"

Obviously I had to ask him to clarify, I mean; he thought he screwed up by asking me in the first place but he wants to do it again?

So he gives me all this blah blah blah about "I just came out of a serious relationship .. blah". And then "But when I asked you out I didn't know that you are actually a very smart girl ... And I know I shouldn't but now I want to see you again."

Huh? Obviously I didn't go out with him again. It sounded like he was saying he only asked me out because he thought I was stupid.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:59 AM

787 posts, read 644,303 times
Quote:
no, only the best men (the likes of George Cloony and Bill Gates) age like fine wine. Most will, at best, age like water. But i reckon most will age like milk like all women will (even the most beautiful ones).
False, all men, unless they don't take care of themselves, age well, don't be jealous!
Quote:
So to paraphrase : "OP cannot appreciate the traditional "alpha males" who are superficial and will stay with them only when they are hot and young, thereby wasting their precious youth! She cannot appreciate all the good that comes with being dumped when she hits 30. She cannot see the benefit of wasting all the time in investing in a man who will eventually leave her for a hotter and younger woman instead of spending that time to invest in her career and education. Ignorance is bliss in this case".

TheGoodusernamesweretaken, please stop blaming your failure in dating on your race. It has nothing to do with your race. It has to do with your demeanor, your character, and most especially your inability to reason and think logically.
YES! Well done paraphrasing! Hit the nail on the head.

I don't blame my dating failure on race, I'm trolling when I make race bait posts, I do think as a hispanic male I get overlooked but I don't have an issue landing dates if i'm being honest, I just like to have fun and ruffle feathers on here. Eventually I'll get you out on a date and we'll laugh about this thread, even if it goes nowhere, we are both local, it would be a swell story for city-data in the very least.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 AM

787 posts, read 644,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I have heard that very beautiful women can sometimes have trouble getting dates because they are so beautiful that men are afraid of rejection and so they don't approach them. Isn't that ironic?
If this is ever proven to be false I would be shattered, because much of my personal theory and approaching style and dynamics are based around this being fact. I operate going all in on the fact that me not being afraid or intimidated by beautiful women will pay off in this regard.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:

Where you see jealousy and possessiveness, the secure person sees two people holding hands to demonstrate that they are a couple, or because you know, its nice

Old 02-07-2017, 09:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
I'd give a lot to find just one woman who could be my best friend for the rest of my life.

I'd give up at least half my life to make her happy. I presume she would do the same vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology