Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,085,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
There's some truth to this. Though, I think a person who is a little overweight would probably take it off, while someone who has struggled with obesity for all their life—maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Everyone has their tastes and types. If some men don't want to date women that are a little overweight, that's their right. Some women don't want to date short guys, or too skinny, too fat, tacky car, whatever. I don't fault anyone for their tastes, even if they seem shallow to others.

What I find amusing, and what I've witnessed on C-D, are the MGTOW and Manosphere guys who are pissed that women are overweight, as if all the overweight women in the world are purposely that way just to deprive men of hot girlfriends. We had a long, protracted thread a few years back when at least one guy said exactly that. He thought all overweight women should be obligated to lose weight so lonely guys would have a larger pool of potential girlfriends to choose from. You can't make this stuff up.

(BTW, I expect to get these weird, anonymous rep comments when I bring subjects like this up. There are some oddballs that lurk on C-D and get their feathers ruffled when I point this kind of crazy stuff out.)
I'm bumping up this thread because once again, I got more weirdo cryptic anonymous rep messages. I'm sick of this. Dude, put on your big boy pants and address the issues here and defend them and debate them. Fair warning: Every time you leave me yet another anonymous gutless message, I'm going to bump up the thread in question and respond.

The response to this post (paraphrased because I'm not sure if I am allowed to directly quote rep messages). He's upset and claiming that I'm "villifying" what he said. (I think everyone else interpreted what he said the same way I did in the original thread. LOL.) He thinks that too many fat women hurts dating, and that women should all lose weight as a way to prevent "male toxicity." You see, a larger supply of thinner women gives these men a real shot at a relationship, he says.

Okay, with that logic, all men ought to be taller and drive better cars so they can have a real shot at a relationship. I mean, women on average like taller men. Fewer taller men means there are fewer men to go around. (Because short men don't count, see? ) Men should wear lifts in their shoes or take hormones when they're growing up or something. They should do it for the women out there, see?

And many women like a guy in a fancy car. Some women will reject a guy if she doesn't like his car. Therefore, all men owe it to women to have better cars. It's only fair. It's not like each individual man is his own person and should only answer to himself about what he looks like or what he drives.

Look, most women know (and are told constantly) that losing weight will bring more men flocking around and open the opportunity for more relationships. Most women want this in some form. BUT, they get to decide whether they are going to do something about it. They do it for themselves. They owe nothing to anyone. And if the only thing that is preventing a guy from being a toxic manbaby is having a thin girlfriend, then I think that the guy is a loser in the first place and has far deeper problems. Not that I'm suggesting that a man has to date a fat woman if he's not attracted to her. Nor am I suggesting that the fat girl owes it to all the toxic manbabies out there to lose weight. Perhaps the layer of fat on her body is protecting her from someone wholly unsuited for her. Perhaps the fat is her way of making such men stay away. Maybe it's a subconscious or conscious choice she's making, sad as it is.

There's another anonymous post from (presumably) the same guy, in response to my post about women being a "commodity." Paraphrasing, he claimed that because some men feel the same way...about what? It was more complaining about how it's all women's fault again, I forget. Whatever.

Anyway. Dude, enough of the weird, creepy anonymous reps. Debate out in the open like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 AM

676 posts, read 526,570 times
I think that when people refuse to participate with other people (and I'm one of those people) for whatever reason, then they have two choices ..... they can blame the other people or they can 'own' their decision.

Most people gravitate toward blame. It's just easier on the ego. So any man or woman who has decided that they don't want to have anything to do with the opposite sex any more (and I did this for six years in my late 30's) is probably going to blame the opposite sex for their choice. It does appear to them that it's 'everybody else's fault'.

The other way to look at it is that the person who can't handle the opposite sex is the one with the issues. They are the abnormal one. Abnormal does not mean bad or wrong, it simply means that the majority (normal) of people can handle relationships with the opposite sex and a minority (abnormal) cannot.

I decided a long time ago that blame is a pretty useless endeavor. I can't change the world. I can change myself, but only so much. So, whatever choices I make .... I own. If I decide I can't handle people, then that is on me. It's not that people are impossible to handle, it's that I can't handle them. What do I want to do about that? What works for me is minimizing my exposure to most people and maximizing my relationships with those few who make it all worthwhile. Another person might benefit from some sort of therapy or social skills program.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:37 AM

4 posts, read 4,651 times
Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...while I'm admittedly an old fart well into my 60's I recently came across some youtube videos of this, I assume new, MGTOW(men going their own way) movement. Is this a growing movement, an anti feminist cult or just some guys that have had their hearts broken and can't deal with it? I was a little baffled by the whole notion.
I'm of the MGTOW mindset and am one of those that participated heavily in its inception and growth. I'm in the top 10% of income and asset holders globally, graduated Summa *** Laude, am one of the most highly credentialed and sought after in my field, have no health issues, am heterosexual, am 6' 3", own my own home and toys with zero debt and am very happily single - and intend to remain that way.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have on the MGTOW mindset. Am an expert.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 AM

48,440 posts, read 34,609,506 times
Gee thanks for the resume..... /lol

Your height really, really lends credibility.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Gee thanks for the resume..... /lol

Your height really, really lends credibility.
Well, people seem to like the idea of labeling MGTOW as "losers", so I thought I'd preface things.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:53 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,361,200 times
I'm glad you're happy with the path you've chosen and I hope some of your MGTOW brethren will find a similar contentment. If you read the thread, I think you'll see the issue isn't with MGTOW, it's with MSGTOWBCAEEATT (men supposedly going their own way but complaining about everyone else all the time).

Old 04-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
I'm glad you're happy with the path you've chosen and I hope some of your MGTOW brethren will find a similar contentment. If you read the thread, I think you'll see the issue isn't with MGTOW, it's with MSGTOWBCAEEATT (men supposedly going their own way but complaining about everyone else all the time).
What. We have no voice? We shouldn't talk? We should just keeps our mouths closed? Seen but not heard? Some here seem to have no issues with tearing us down. Can we not speak? I'm not permitted to opine? I'm here to spread knowledge. Step outside your comfort zone. You'll learn much.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,361,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MgtowTalisman View Post
What. We have no voice? We shouldn't talk? We should just keeps our mouths closed? Seen but not heard? Some here seem to have no issues with tearing us down. Can we not speak? I'm not permitted to opine? I'm here to spread knowledge. Step outside your comfort zone. You'll learn much.
Bruh, I'm talking about the thread as a whole, not you in particular. You haven't really said anything yet other than your stats and info.

Feel free to contribute, it's been a long-running discussion and I look forward to seeing what you have to add.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM

11,035 posts, read 6,581,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
In my experience, almost everyone tends to gain weight as they get older in our culture, thanks partly to the general aging process, but even more so because our society engineers people toward obesity by bombarding them with enticements to eat crappy processed food and few opportunities for natural exercise--as in getting exercise done in the course of your day while doing something else at the same time as opposed to it being a separate activity (i.e. walking to work or having a non-sedentary job vs. going to the gym).

Men are hypocrites though. A lot of these men complaining about fat women are fat themselves. I am not a health nut but am generally horrified at the percentage of overweight/obese people and how we just accept it as normal.

Just an observation: It's not just the U.S. EVERYONE here is chubby. I've only seen a handful of slim people in 7 months. And similar to WalMart, etc, they ALL wear skin-tight clothing to show it off. Totally accepted culturally....

Old 04-07-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
Bruh, I'm talking about the thread as a whole, not you in particular. You haven't really said anything yet other than your stats and info.

Feel free to contribute, it's been a long-running discussion and I look forward to seeing what you have to add.
Could clear up the MGTOW confusion in a few paragraphs. Tis an extremely simple mindset based on world history. We're vocal about it because we're passionate about it - and have good reason to be. Shaming us will only strengthen our resolve. Silencing us will only result in a doubling of our efforts. The effects of the MGTOW mindset are clearly evident globally. Trillions are at stake. We're a grass roots geopolitical force now and not a force with which one should trifle. We can make or break you. Zero government funding, no meetings and no leaders, yet we're all about you, hidden in plain sight. What's more, we're growing like weeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology