Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 03:09 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

First, I was at this vast garden party that my Mother was holding. Lots of structured tents, lots of finely dressed people, lots of tables with different kinds of chocolates on them.It was very "My Fair Lady" like. At first, I had noticed that my Mother had lots of cats and fish tanks and I was trying to find her to see when they had last been fed, but then my attention shifted to the party. I had transformed into a younger golden haired model I know and at first, my clothing was only simple, somewhat sheer wrap skirt, with lace where it was needed, and a fur tie top. As the party progressed with more fantastic desserts, my dress shifted to a heavy feathered cloak which had shifted down to my waist and I had to pull up to my shoulders and tie tight and very warm to keep dressed.

Then there was a dream that had me looking in a massive Wally World for something. It was part of a hotel with lots of elevators, stairs, and escalators. To the last, I was in my stocking feet and was afraid of being snagged and dragged down, but that didn't happen. Otherwise, it is kind of hard to remember that one.

The next dream had me waking up, thinking how late I was for work, but wait, I'm on break, I don't have to be at work for several days. I dreampt that I was waking up at work but then it suddenly shifted and I was home in my own bed. Then, I was looking over the car I had when I was in the Navy, a Cutlass Salon, that I still had it, with all of its pre-totaling (what really happened to it)dents, but instead of loading it up, I was loading up a backpack to carry as I rode on my mountain bike to home, some 20 miles distant.

There was a road side hotel which belonged to some friends but had been taken over by mystic evangelists and I had to past them. I arrived at their now massive tent camp and they tried to pull me in. I singed the leader with some Zok (ie, the space dragon) power and hoped that convinced her to leave me alone since it was only good for one shot. I was back on the road again only now, the Road Trip for Hoarders was there, people with boxes full of stuff, waiting for the host to meet them and tell them what they could get rid of. I took one look at my box and tossed it aside.

But as things would turn out, a friend had this WWII airfield, out of use but with lots of hangers and I had a machine shop in there, filled with books mostly. Someone was telling me that the local crime lowlife had bought the field and I was thinking of all my stuff I couldn't get to. Then I run into the friend, find out he still owns the place, but is looking to sell it. I ask if I can go look at my stuff, take some, he says, no, sorry, and I leave the airfield, saying, "Pity, I had some good books in there.".

So I return to the road but now I am back in line with all those people and they don't want me to cut line. I take a look at the boxes I've been given, see I don't need any of that, and toss it. I help the next man in line but as I am about to toss his old stuff, I see "Identification Pictures" from WWII and among them are lots of wonderful old postage stamps. So I have to stop and collect as many of those as I can........and the dream fades from there.

So the next dream has me in an old boys engineering school where the prof appears to be talking about the finals to come. Instead, though, he calls someone to the chalk board where he proceeds to go licky split through this equation with lots of algebra symbols. Line after line he writes, the class cheering, chanting his name, and me trying to write it all down. He gets to the 4th board at the back of the room, turns to look at the class and...........

............now we are flying around the high, high towers of the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently as a reward for his mathematical excellence, he and his party got to go to one of the observation platforms, in my dream, of the bridge. I am at another platform, all alone. His party gets to leave via elevator, but there is no elevator at my platform,so a Bell 47 is coming back with a rescue yoke to get me down. I tell myself that I must remember not to look down and I should skydive more.

I see scenes of someone coming up in the yoke to get me, thinking that's the cart before the horse, my rescuer being dragged through all sorts of things. Then the dream shifts and I'm Officer "Willie" on "The Rookies" and we've been recruited as a team to blow the top off the bridge because of some emergency. The regularly trained people aren't available. We have to get to the top, plant the explosives, and then jump for our escape and we have to learn this in all of 1 hour. So they have us riding rocket boosters up and jumping with special rigs where we have to turn a certain way to land safe on a small island or we are doomed in the waters.

So as we are riding our misguided rockets to save the world.....the dream shifts. The bridge is now down at Cape Horn, we are shooting "The Spy Who Loved Me", and I'm Roger Moore taking off with Barbara Bach for the weekend.

.................................................. ........

These all took place in a sleep segment from 0400 till 1445. It's spring break and I want to try to spend some of it the daylight like a normal person, but with dreams like this, it seems I am endlessly drawn back to my bed. Sleep before then was like from 2100 to 0200 and then before that, 2100 to 1248 (time change included).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 09:33 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
I will never fully come to terms with or accept the fact that I actually just read that entire post.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:51 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I will never fully come to terms with or accept the fact that I actually just read that entire post.
Welcome to TamaraSavannah Aspergerian-style data dumps. Completely self-focused with no regard for the reading comprehension, pleasure or dismay of others.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:12 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,905,067 times
To be more specific: Our own dreams can be "intoxicating" and fascinating to us.
Other people's dreams are never interesting to anyone.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:53 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
To be more specific: Our own dreams can be "intoxicating" and fascinating to us.
Very, very true. I didn't read. Other people's dreams are so crazy boring to other people. My dreams might be amazing to me but boring as heck to anyone else. Even my husband. When sharing, keep it very short and sweet.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Very, very true. I didn't read. Other people's dreams are so crazy boring to other people. My dreams might be amazing to me but boring as heck to anyone else. Even my husband. When sharing, keep it very short and sweet.
SI-GH..........I guess you are right.

Still, one would like to think that it might go over like......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2gISJYwQU

Old 03-15-2016, 05:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Yes.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,463 times
OP, I am one who has always been fascinated by dreams. It is amazing to me how much you dreamed all in just one night! I always wonder why our minds come up with what is essentially a new "movie" for us every night. I'm surprised the ones who aren't interested in other peoples' dreams are being drawn to this thread to read it. I actually started a dream thread a while back that you might be interested in reading. A number of people contributed. I was about to add something I dreamed last night which was how I happened upon your post. I only post when I find my dreams more entertaining or stranger than usual.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:47 AM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
My dreams are usually depressing. The last one I had was a few nights ago, I was back in grade school but it took place in this time period. A bunch of us kids were sitting out front of the school in the morning waiting for the bell to ring and I left my lunchbox outside when school started. Someone called the cops and they evacuated the whole school. The bomb squad showed up and blew up my Bonanza lunchbox, my peanut butter & jelly sandwich and banana were stuck to the wall of the building. During lunch hour I just sat in the cafeteria and watched the other kids eat. The first thing I did when I got home was eat an entire box of cereal. When I woke up, I felt sad that I lost my lunchbox but glad that I don't go to school these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology