Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 01:55 PM

46 posts, read 31,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
That's not much different from many women these days.. they bore easily and need constant stimulation because the top tier males will provide it so these top tier men are the standard in which us bores have to live up too... a lot of us don't care to be some social butterfly who's cracking jokes all day long.. it gets tiring after a while doing it and listening to people who do it so we simply live our lives and if a woman comes along that can put up with us, so be it... some men have identified themselves with a movement dedicated to this which I won't name here, haha.

To each their own. If you wanna try to find a unicorn, get on social media and get yourself 300 facebook friends like the typical "normal" woman has today.
Did you come to this thread to complain about women or to give advice? If the former then this thread isn't for you. Loll, I love how you only commented on how daydreaming affects my dating life, but had nothing to say about anything else I mentioned.

Either way, I mentioned that I know excessive daydreaming is not healthy, anything to add to that? Any experience dealing with this? Any advice other than "get yourself 300 facebook friends"? Any tips on how to be able to hold better conversations without daydreaming so much? Anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 02:04 PM

46 posts, read 31,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Nic781, do you have a general practitioner or some other medical professional you can schedule an appointment with? Even if this isn't ADD, as I said, it doesn't seem healthy. You may well need some kind of professional help (medical, counseling, somthing). Good luck to you!
My mom tells me I have ADD all of the time, but I never really paid any attention to her. But as time goes on I start to show more and more symptoms of it. That may be something I have to look into. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSweeney View Post
I think you're a novelist.
Maybe you should try writing down your daydreams.
I actually used to do this, but when you have so many daydreams in your head it's hard to keep up and it can get overwhelming. It wouldn't hurt to try doing it again.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 AM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSweeney View Post
I think you're a novelist.
Maybe you should try writing down your daydreams.
Ditto that.

Your brain and mine perhaps work a little differently than those of 'average' people. I think you're a born writer.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:21 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Yes, I'll agree with that! And I'm not even entirely convinced of the medical reality of ADD, but many medical professionals are and thus treat it. What they mean, from what I understand/remember, is daydreaming to the extreme degree that the OP describes, when it interferes with life. This does not sound healthy to this fellow daydreamer.
Medical professionals can do next to nothing for problems of the mind, they fare better with organic brain issues. ADD is a polite term for selfishness, spoilt bratism. HAd it myself, happy pills do absolutely nothing for self centerdness. The illness exists but its self caused and there are no medications that affect the will.

Mental problems become serious problems when they interfere with work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology