Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Thank God, I thought you were going to say liberals.
Imagine if liberals starting buying guns, hahaha, at Berkley.
Now that's REALLY scary considering the dearth of common sense!

Old 05-02-2017, 06:49 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,061 times
Since the fastest growing demographic of gun owners are women, does the OP think they are wimpy, weak, and mentally unstable, also?

Old 05-02-2017, 06:53 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Thank God, I thought you were going to say liberals.
Imagine if liberals starting buying guns, hahaha, at Berkley.
Ha. Reminds me of a discussion some years back at work. This involves a lib doc, and somehow the talk came around to riots or other civil breakdown. He said to one of the smokestick-owners, "I'm coming over to YOUR house if that happens!" So...guns suck until you need one.

He probably ended up buying a gun later, by the flavor of his discussions and questions.

BTW, many gun-hating Hollywood libs own guns, and many have CC permits, because in LA-LA-Land you have to have juice to get a permit. Or even buy a pistol.
Gun restrictions are just for those OTHER (yukk!) people.

Diane Feinstein and Chuckie Schumer also have CC permits. DiFi was packing in SF City Hall when Harvey Milk was executed. She was a big help, she was hiding under a desk. She'd have probably blown her kneecap off if she'd been confronted and tried to defend herself.
I wouldn't be surprised if DiFi and Chuckie aren't packing on the Senate floor when they occasionally show up for work.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:56 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
As times are currently we see a plethora of wimpy men with guns. Why are we seeing so many overly emotional men with the inability to rationally see that their own gun ownership is based on an emotional need despite the fact that they are not mentally stable?

We have thousands of pro-gun men that need their "guns for protection" they say but when they are faced with some break-up or some life trouble they use the same gun for destruction. Why the disconnect?

Shooter calls ex-girlfriend as he unleashes terror at pool | KXAN.com

Ohio reserve owner Terry Thompson released exotic animals then killed himself | Daily Mail Online

Maybe the first step is getting men to admit they are the weaker sex mentally? I am proud of the thousands of rational male gun owners who are now saying about the overly emotional, irrational men "enough is enough" and standing up for more conservative gun laws and fighting the NRA leadership and gun manufactures. Bravo to the real men!

We need to keep labeling these gun wimps-"GUN WIMPS" because they use guns in a cowardly manner-shooting innocents and people in the back
It has nothing to do with being the weaker sex. Its the newer generations upbringing. Mostly with one working parent, giving no supervision to speak of, for them to hook up with wrong crowd. Enter drugs and guns. These kids, I call them kids. Haven't not been brought up to respect life. Just take because they feel entitled, with a gun for courage. They just dont know that shooting some one is wrong.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:57 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Ha. Reminds me of a discussion some years back at work. This involves a lib doc, and somehow the talk came around to riots or other civil breakdown. He said to one of the smokestick-owners, "I'm coming over to YOUR house if that happens!" So...guns suck until you need one.

He probably ended up buying a gun later, by the flavor of his discussions and questions.

BTW, many gun-hating Hollywood libs own guns, and many have CC permits, because in LA-LA-Land you have to have juice to get a permit. Or even buy a pistol.

Diane Feinstein and Chuckie Schumer also have CC permits. DiFi was packing in SF City Hall when Harvey Milk was executed. She was a big help, she was hiding under a desk. She'd have probably blown her kneecap off if she'd been confronted and tried to defend herself.
I wouldn't be surprised if DiFi and Chuckie aren't packing on the Senate floor when they occasionally show up for work.
Feinstein still thinks she's royalty. Who keeps voting for this kook?

Old 05-02-2017, 07:08 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Was listening to a story about vets with P.T.S.D. and the high suicide rate among them due to their comfort with guns. They interviewed vets who said on a bad day they ask a friend to keep their guns for them until it passes. I have often considered getting a gun for protection but never have because I KNOW I can can be impulsive. I could totally see me having a bad day and impulsively blowing my brains out. I wonder how many other folks feel the same way. Suicide usually takes some premeditation, planning and, usually in a day the feeling passes( unless you suffer from a severe depressive disorder) but with a gun handy, no planning is required. You can act on the impulse and it's a done deal. I have also witnessed road rage incidents where I am fairly certain, if some maniac got out of his car and began ranting at me for some perceived disrespect ( thinking I cut him off or something) with a gun at my side I could see me using it. Another reason I don't own a gun. I guess most gun owners have more self control. I know myself too well.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:10 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Feinstein still thinks she's royalty. Who keeps voting for this kook?
Other kooks and the brainwashed masses.

I recall a photo of her on a stage railing against AKs or battle rifles in general. She was holding an AK-47. Finger on the trigger, pointed out at the audience, drum mag locked in.

I'm SURE it wasn't loaded.

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

BTW, that search took about a minute.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:50 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Most gun nuts (not responsible gun owners) fall into 2 categories:

- People who can't tell reality from fantasy. These types are truly hopeless since they are simple not in touch with reality. Aside from their grossly out of touch vision of how "more guns would prevent all crime" - a viewpoint created by watching too many Hollywood movies - their belief system is truly dangerous if taken to its insane conclusion. I've had some of them flat-out say that "everyone should be able to own any gun they want." When pressed on criminals and the mentally unstable, they are fine with them owning guns, too! Heck, even when pressed further about full-on military grade weapons and even RPG's, some of these nuts are fine with it. Why? And I quote one of the worst I've know - "It should be impossible for a criminal to outgun me." Yeah, as if life is a video game and everyone having a mountain of guns will somehow allow the "good guys" to win. Utter idiocy, and people this irresponsible should not have a say on firearms, nor own any.

- Violent nuts looking for an excuse to be violent: This it the other major group I've run into over the years, and there's nothing subtle about them. Unlike the fantasy nuts, these types know full well more guns won't fix anything, but it WILL allow them to find excuses to shoot people they don't like. We've all run into these types: they whine about needing more guns, and then go on rants about how somebody needs to "do something about those people," following that up with the n-word, slurs about gays, Muslims, etc. There's also almost always some patriot murder fantasies in there involving killing people in the government, too. In short, these types who support endless guns are just dangerous thugs who want an easy path to achieve the killing they so desire.

Fear, weakness, and a total disconnect from reality are key parts of both viewpoints; it's not limited to one sex, however - but it is weakness. Also, many of these nuts are actually owned BY their guns. They'll vote themselves straight into financial ruin so long as doing so allows them to keep their utterly worthless arsenal.

There are plenty of responsible gun owners in this nation, but it's the above nuts that are driving the show, backed up by the NRA, which is now nothing but a mouthpiece for gun companies in their quest for ever more profits, no matter the body count. Of course, responsible gun owners don't make the news, but that's because they aren't out killing minorities or strutting around in public with AR-15's strapped on while screaming about how they have a "right" to shoot anyone they want if they feel threatened... and ignoring how that, technically, means other people have the same "right" to shoot them on sight.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:43 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Like felons, wife-beaters, the mentally unstable, and those on terrorist watch lists.

Yea - how ridiculous. Because if you are a common sense politician that supports restrictions on the ability of felons, wife-beaters, the mentally unstable, and those on terrorist watch lists to buy guns - then you're an un-American 2nd Am hater, right! According to the NRA lobbyers and other hysteria-prone types at least.

Meanwhile in the real world, no politicians are calling for repeal of the 2nd Am nor or fed Nazis going to raid your gun closet.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:28 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Gun owner and killer here!

Of woodchucks.

Destructive little bastards. The most satisfying was killing a couple as they were mating a few years back. POW! said the right barrel of the 12 gauge and papa fell off. POW! said the left barrel and momma was finished. Ironically, this was on Valentine's Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology