Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 08:37 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

and knew all along you should have said NO. And could not wait for the
date to end. In my dating years I did this too often. Glad those times
are behind me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 11:55 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
I left in the middle of one a couple times. Sometimes you don't know until you are well into it....

Old 06-26-2017, 09:32 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Almost every date I've ever been on. Once I know I should not be here, I make up an excuse to bounce and off I am.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:17 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I was not in the dating scene very long before I had the makings of some relationships (between my marriage breaking up, and my present day with a serious boyfriend)... I had two people I went on dates with, where I knew I did not want to continue with them after that. The first was not a bad date, we had fantastic conversation and could have gone on to be friends, but I didn't want to be the gal who "friend zoned" a suitor, so I just told him I did not really feel we were compatible for a relationship and we never talked after that. Long story short, his teeth were a horror show and he had young daughters...and both factors broke the deal for me. But I liked him, enjoyed talking to him, we had many interests in common.

Second one was horrible. The most awkward burger of my life. We'd talked online a lot, so I knew waaaayyy too much about some of his unusual fantasies and kinks. That by itself was not an issue. We met, and he was nervous to the point of being twitchy. Like his eyes kept doing this weird squinty twitchy thing. And his excessive nervousness made me nervous too. And we went to a restaurant where he knew the staff, he was a regular, and the guy who waited on us kept giving me this smarmy smile like his buddy had already told him private things about me or something, or like he was imagining the two of us naked...it was really, really, really squicky. I stuck out the meal, during which the guy started getting really excited telling me about his comic book collection (I'm a nerd...but not for superhero comics...yet even though I expressed a lack of interest/familiarity with the subject, the guy went on and on and on)... And afterwards I did give him a hug, but then I was suddenly "too busy" to continue talking to him. I kinda ghosted him. Oh well. He was too young for me anyways.

I had another awkward date that wasn't really the guy's fault and I did wind up in a year long relationship with him anyways. The awkwardness was because we were both interested in the local kink scene and they were having a "munch" (community intro to newbies, held at a typical restaurant) and it happened to be facilitated by one of the strangest people I've ever met, and took place at a kitchy family restaurant called Fargo's which is like...a mix of old timey western shtick with something like Chuck E Cheese...sub-par Italian food, and staff dressed in costume. The whole thing was so bizarre and surreal... I faked a "family emergency text message" and wink-wink-nudge-nudged my date, and we escaped to go hang out by my car and talk instead. Something about being in that restaurant listening to an elderly Leather-transwoman with a weird monotone voice talk about the CBT that is NOT "cognitive behavior therapy" while random kids ran past behind our group and goofy organ music played in the background...

Old 06-26-2017, 05:30 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
I've never been asked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology