Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:50 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
I've often wondered why these lonely, frustrated men don't avail themselves of a prostitute. I'm not saying I favor prostitution, but--why don't they go to one? Are the prostitutes too creeped out by them? Are the MGTOWs wanting women to throw themselves at them instead? Despite all their carping, or maybe because of it, it's obvious they want female attention.
Because they hate the fact that women have something they want, and paying for it would be even more humiliating for them. They think they should just get sex. No effort, no money, no rules - they just want it, they should get it. You know, like they think women do.

I'm sure some of them do go to prostitutes, and I'm sure some of them have lost their virginity to prostitutes. But I'm also sure that going to prostitutes just reinforces their views of women: that women are inferior and unintelligent, will do anything for money, use sex as a tool to get what they want (in this case, money), and are the dregs of society. And they will justify it to themselves that they were just using her body, it's not like she's a person or anything.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daro View Post
Some of them, not all. Outliers, hopefully like those feminists that insist holding doors is sexist or that there is men spreading. Ladies with huge shopping bags take similar space or sometimes even more but no one complains. Womansplaining is an issue in Liberal universities, there are also not enough male role models in education (education is feminized, too many female teachers, are boys supposed to look up only to females?! Also almost no positive male role models on TV). Anyway, OP I see it's from Reddit, it is known for Elliot Roger types and other fringe people. Yes the Internet causes all types of lunatics to gather together, whether mysoginists or male-bashing so-called feminists. Jezzebel is often very misandrist and sexist.
You sound like one of them. Do my claims hit a little too close to home for you?

Old 07-22-2017, 10:41 PM

59 posts, read 54,554 times
Oh it's the personal attacks game now?

Dumb fat 'muricans always complaining or otherwise shooting someone.
BTW, MGTOW is an American thing, as well as feminazism, go figure. Most retarded things come from America. In Europe no one cars about most those things, and please stop forcing your American values and culture on all nations across the world!

Old 07-22-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daro View Post
Oh it's the personal attacks game now?

Dumb fat 'muricans always complaining or otherwise shooting someone.
BTW, MGTOW is an American thing, as well as feminazism, go figure. Most retarded things come from America. In Europe no one cars about most those things, and please stop forcing your American values and culture on all nations across the world!
Not at all. But what you said is right out of their playbook, so apparently you're familiar with it. Now, if you live in another country (where exactly?), AND think that what all these women have spoken about and experienced is false, why do you know so much about what MRA's preach?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
The person who wrote that post sounds as though he has suffered quite a bit from the hands of females. Very bitter. It's not unique to the male sex, however. I can remember a girlfriend reading from a dog training book and substituting "man" every time "dog" was mentioned. It was amazing how accurate it was and was hilarious at the time - we were all pretty young.

There will always be bitter men and bitter women who have been treated badly by the opposite text, and lump them all together as being bad. Women can be offended all they want, but they can dish out the negative stereotypes as well.

When we all understand that people can be bad or good, hurtful or helpful, decent or not - no matter what gender they are, the better.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:20 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Welcome to Trump's America. When the President openly disrespects women, talks of committing his own potential sexual assault and still gets elected, this is what you get. All types of extremists now feel like they can openly spew their vitriol at anyone they wish without reproach. Look at all the increased amount of race based hate speech we get where the person intentionally mentions Trump.
I cannot believe you are blaming this on Trump! I don't know where you've been, but this has been going on for quite some time, definitely pre-Trump. Why is it the left blames every negative action from every random person on him? Geez.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The person who wrote that post sounds as though he has suffered quite a bit from the hands of females. Very bitter. It's not unique to the male sex, however. I can remember a girlfriend reading from a dog training book and substituting "man" every time "dog" was mentioned. It was amazing how accurate it was and was hilarious at the time - we were all pretty young.

There will always be bitter men and bitter women who have been treated badly by the opposite text, and lump them all together as being bad. Women can be offended all they want, but they can dish out the negative stereotypes as well.

When we all understand that people can be bad or good, hurtful or helpful, decent or not - no matter what gender they are, the better.
The difference is that these movements teach that women are inferior. That women are not-quite-human, and definitely not the equal of a man.

When one starts to dehumanize the other - whether it's Africans, Jewish people, immigrants, or women - and one has it in their mind that the other is inferior, it becomes easier to - at best- ignore, humiliate, or manipulate them or- at worst- beat, rape, or kill them. It's happened throughout history.

Read the quote again but insert "black" every time he says "female/female slur" Is it still just the rantings of a bitter boy? At what point does it become hate speech? When exactly does it become dangerous?

It is very easy for men to come on here and say it's no big deal, it's not that widespread, just ignore them, etc. because it doesn't affect them directly in any way. It is no different than people who say things like microaggressions aren't real - because they don't see them, or it doesn't affect them.

When racist groups set up their message boards and their websites, tabs are kept on them and they are watched by the government and anti- hate groups, because we all know what those folks are capable of, and their speech can turn to actual violence in a heartbeat. Again, substitute any racial/religious/ethnic group for "woman" when you read their posts, their manifestos, their rants, and explain why it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:10 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
These people are, in some states, running our governments and inacting public policy. At least one state has passed a law requiring women to get permission from their rapist to be able to control her own body and have an abortion. Ridiculous.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:16 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,430 times
With all honesty I've never even heard of any of these 'movements' before this thread, so, at least in my little world, they have no power here.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:14 PM

218 posts, read 172,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Welcome to Trump's America. When the President openly disrespects women, talks of committing his own potential sexual assault and still gets elected, this is what you get. All types of extremists now feel like they can openly spew their vitriol at anyone they wish without reproach. Look at all the increased amount of race based hate speech we get where the person intentionally mentions Trump.
How do you explain so many women voting for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology