Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:35 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised on East Coast and in 1938, so much older than MOST here I'd say. Moved to Calif in the 60's and the shock was too much at first and then going thru divorce and spreading my wings and opening my mind, I started exploring life in CA vs PA.

We have a nudist camp not far from where I live and got to know some people who made this like their second home. This to me was so FAR OUT, but I'm starting a new life and expanding my mind and experiences. So I went one night for one of their potlucks and it took a while for me, but I was the one who stood out, not taking off clothes. So finally, I did and it got easier and easier. What Freedom. And no judgements...

Then some yrs later I got to know the nude beach scene and went to some of these beaches. While going with a dear man, who was very conservative from the midwest, got him to the beach with me. And it took some time but he was totally relaxed and we went back a few more times. Again Freedom and No Judgements.

I'd have to say these experiences were the most "out of ordinary" in my soon 79 birthday.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-28-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 12:01 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I'm perfectly happy being naked indoors, but having grown up in Jersey swamplands, open-air nudity just has me convinced I will be eaten alive by mosquitos or shredded by thorn bushes. Nothing is going to shake that for me.

For me the craziest, most out-of-the-box thing I ever did was to move away from my hometown at the age of 34 to live in a city where I knew 2 people total. I left behind a loving family and a network of friends that are still terribly important to me. that said, I haven't regretted my decision for a minute. I had gotten everything I could have out of my live there, and I can't imagine going back there to live unless it's to retire near my best friends.

No one expected it, and the shock that I left is still pretty palpable on my trips back. But it was the right choice for me.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:09 PM

In the event some want to explore another spice of life:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/san-diego-...eaches-1478622

Old 07-28-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm perfectly happy being naked indoors, but having grown up in Jersey swamplands, open-air nudity just has me convinced I will be eaten alive by mosquitos or shredded by thorn bushes. Nothing is going to shake that for me.

For me the craziest, most out-of-the-box thing I ever did was to move away from my hometown at the age of 34 to live in a city where I knew 2 people total. I left behind a loving family and a network of friends that are still terribly important to me. that said, I haven't regretted my decision for a minute. I had gotten everything I could have out of my live there, and I can't imagine going back there to live unless it's to retire near my best friends.

No one expected it, and the shock that I left is still pretty palpable on my trips back. But it was the right choice for me.
So that's where your username comes from, defecting NJ. No mosquitoes in Calif. Maybe I've seen a couple in 50 yrs.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:47 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,632,606 times
I would have a very hard time choosing.

Teen domme and virgin hunter?

My late 20's up until a couple of years ago, traveling to GWAR concerts and partying with fans all night, driving the next morning to another city and doing it again, then flying home early the following morning?

My NSA hookup with a fan guy I liked and had just met that night, in an event room at the festival hotel? Or the fact that we didn't look for security cams and the woman at the front desk was scandalized and disgusted with us? I had just got out of my long, crap marriage so it was kind of a "YOLO" moment.

Being known as the chick who brought the blow up dolls to the GWARBQ? (There is footage of me carrying one around, in the 2013 and 2014 GWARBQ commercials on Youtube, for a split second.)

Being polyamorous for a year, with a group of four of us who dated, and a dyad on the side? My girlfriend was a massage therapist, and she and her husband had a hot tub we would also spend a lot of time in.

Getting into BDSM and going to parties all the time at the club, discovering that not only do I love being nude where it is accepted and not judged, much like you OP, but that I am also a masochist and exhibitionist under the right circumstances. Playing with fire, electricity, wax, impact, and so on? Learning to set other people on fire safely? Planning to marry my beloved Sadist, who is my parents' age?

Or perhaps the time I brought it all together, and took a member of GWAR to a BDSM club before and after the show, for some nonsexual play where he got a lesson in fire from the owner (and set me on fire) and learned to throw a whip?

Nah...

You know what it was? The wildest most outrageous thing of all?

That time I ordered fried ice cream and I had them take a piece of brown sugar baked bacon, and chop it up and put the pieces all over the ice cream. That was amazing.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:07 PM

For me another "out of ordinary" thing I did was "give up all religion". This is NOT so out of the ordinary for a good percentage of the population. But for me, it took a lot of years to get off that fence.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:10 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
You want us to tell you that? Wow!

Old 07-29-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You want us to tell you that? Wow!
I don't understand your message. J

Old 07-29-2017, 11:51 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,044,609 times
Probably attend a gay pride parade in San Fran (I'm not gay) with my daughter, wife and son. My daughter asked us if we wanted to come with her at the last minute, so I was like WTH...let's do this! It was kinda wild but we had a good time.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:12 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
My most out-of-the-box thing I did was taking a cruise by myself, in 2014. I had concerns that I'd look weird being alone on the ship, etc. It turned out, I blended it like a chameleon. The ship sailed out of LA and visited two ports. I had so much fun! Everybody was very nice and friendly, and no one raised an eyebrow over me cruising alone. I met people I hung out with in ports, did interesting shore excursions, had complete freedom to do whatever I want and answer to no one, and danced with ladies in the club until the place closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology