Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:21 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think the boys are often the aggressors in these situations and the women enjoy the attention. I don't think young women should be allowed to teach at the high school level. I don't think they can handle the responsibility. They are taught that they have complete sexual agency and that nobody can judge any of their sexual decisions ever, then they are thrown in to a situation where sexually aggressive young men tempt them. All they know is that they find the young men attractive and nobody is allowed to question their sexual decisions.
Any other restrictions you would like to put on women?

All I can say is that teachers of either gender who do this are abusing the teacher-student relationship and should face some real consequence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You're allowed to think that, but that's pretty ridiculous.
Not really. Start them out teaching younger kids when they are young and attractive and keep them away from the teen boys with their raging hormones and lack of respect for boundaries. These young women teachers can't handle it and seem to have little respect for the boundaries themselves. When they are older, less attractive and less full of hormones themselves, they are ready to teach high school. The problem will go away if these teens have no young hot teachers to seduce or be seduced by. In some cases their ages are not that far apart when these teachers are just starting out. That is a recipe for disaster in a culture that celebrates sexual lack of restraint.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:27 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Guess no one in this age group watches videos nowadays??? Too busy studying for college entry?
Gee, what a surprise. Kribs on TV for teenagers who makes tens of millions sticking their bums in the camera and rapping about banging while booty call is in the background, and this is supposed to be set aside when we go to high school on Monday. Right.

Life experience wise there isn't that much of a difference between high school kids and twenty something teachers, unless you have a Vietnam war all over again to separate the years, like back in the day. Not going to happen.

I had a 50 years old girlfriend when I was 19, making nice money, and her daughter introduced us. The daughter wanted to go to India to "trip" with the gurus. I had something else on my mind. So did mom.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:49 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Not really. Start them out teaching younger kids when they are young and attractive and keep them away from the teen boys with their raging hormones and lack of respect for boundaries. These young women teachers can't handle it and seem to have little respect for the boundaries themselves. When they are older, less attractive and less full of hormones themselves, they are ready to teach high school. The problem will go away if these teens have no young hot teachers to seduce or be seduced by. In some cases their ages are not that far apart when these teachers are just starting out. That is a recipe for disaster in a culture that celebrates sexual lack of restraint.
LOL...and what other occupations and activities should we ban young women from to make sure they don't come into contact with teenage boys? I really don't think most female high school teachers are interested in having sexual relationships with their students.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:52 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
ready access and proximity

wanting to be desired

lack of mature emotional development in the older person

being susceptible to flattery

being unaware of laws and ethical concerns governing and concerning such behavior

giving in to temptation

looking for some excitement

I don't think the women are sexual predators. But clearly it is unacceptable behavior as a teacher, and the womens' emotional development and judgment have not developed well and are not optimal.

Last edited by matisse12; 08-15-2017 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 03:57 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL...and what other occupations and activities should we ban young women from to make sure they don't come into contact with teenage boys? I really don't think most female high school teachers are interested in having sexual relationships with their students.
Uncle Bully is trying to say it doesn't matter that much what they are interested in, it is the boys whose interest matters. If a male has interest, he'll be the aggressor, and the female will ultimately give in? I guess?

The few who do, are fools, I don't think it's that common, and I think they face consequences. At the very least I'm sure they lose their jobs and ability to teach at least in that region, or state. At worst, face in the news, prison time, offender registry, lawsuits, etc.

In the real world, people can want what they want, it doesn't mean they're gonna get it. What better time for boys to start learning how to see something they want and not feel ENTITLED to it, than when they are in school...? I know I had fantasies about some of the men teaching my classes, as a young teen, but I knew better than to act on them, and I'm sure those men did, too. Would we also ban young men from teaching teenage girls?

Old 08-15-2017, 04:12 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
Power and the desire for a challenge.

An attractive 25-year old woman can find willing sexual partners from ages 18 to 80, quite easily. All she needs to do is make herself "available" and her days can be spent with just about any man she wants. The 14/15-year old student provides a challenge. His hormones are raging even stronger than the 35-year old accountant, but he's hesitant to enter into a physical relationship with a teacher for obvious reasons. She may have to coax him a little which is different from her experiences with adult men. There's also the added layer of power. She can't really control the 35-year old accountant because he's attractive to lots of women and has his own agency, financial security and independence. The student is heavily influenced by the teacher and can be more easily molded according to her desires.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM

632 posts, read 1,844,681 times
I wonder how many are on meds that loosen the ability to properly inhibit themselves. SSRI antidepressants (among other meds) can do just that. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

One can behave in a manner inconsistent with their true selves, oblivious to consequences. Then, withdrawn SLOWLY from the meds, and the real self reemerges, totally aghast at what they did while medicated.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:58 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
Make all young female teachers wear burkas, veils, and sensible shoes. Problem solved!

Old 08-15-2017, 06:22 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
I think the boys are often the aggressors in these situations and the women enjoy the attention. I don't think young women should be allowed to teach at the high school level. I don't think they can handle the responsibility. They are taught that they have complete sexual agency and that nobody can judge any of their sexual decisions ever, then they are thrown in to a situation where sexually aggressive young men tempt them. All they know is that they find the young men attractive and nobody is allowed to question their sexual decisions.
So, do you think the opposite is true, i.e. that young male teachers should be teaching attractive, young female women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology