Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
nobody believes that any man would expect a woman to GIVE HIM A COWORKERS PHONE NUMBER especially THIS day and age.
Pajama Boys who grew up without fathers and who still live with Mommy are used to women doing everything for them

Old 08-18-2017, 04:49 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,298 times
Good grief.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
I was set straight on this sort of behavior at a young age. Unless there's no one else around and they're in danger of physically hurting themselves, a neutral "You good?" and a curt response of either "yep" or "well, actually" will warrant the proper response.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:39 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
I can't figure out what this thread is about. The title is left dangling and nowhere in the opening statement is the actual subject addressed.

I guess it's a guessing game. Kinda like HuffPo or any clickbait website.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm a woman, and I don't feel insulted by a man rushing to help me, nor would I feel insulted by my male coworkers rushing to help a pretty girl. If I saw a cute guy I'd be up there at the counter to wait on him. It goes both ways.
thank you ladies...for chiming in..

yes, men can be pigs...

i worked in grocery stores and in the back of the store meat departments......and in the 80's and 90's we had a big window at the front....... and we were told...not to ogle the women,,,by the woman human resource manager,,,because if the woman thought she was being looked at ,,,she wont go in front of the window (where 4-5 guys were working)
the oddest thing happened.......the ladies would come right in front of the window and often wave to us......and many.... during the summer ...would bend right over (and give us a show) and give us a smile.....of course not all ladies...but there seemed to be a few that either liked to tease us or enjoyed being looked at..

in one store..we had a lesbian meat wrapper and she would tell us guys of the good looking women in the store...and she would go and ask some of them out!!!
but that never seemed to be " harrassment" unless a guy did it....

*note...ive had over 10 ladies (customers) ask if i could go home with them to prepare the meat - years ago... so it seems it was totally ok for a lady to do or say whatever they wanted.....yet different if it was a guy- of course i never got offended at it either

Old 08-19-2017, 07:05 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Do you really feel exactly the same when you are being 'checked out' by the following:

A good looking guy in good shape around your age
A chunky 18 year old with a neck beard, facial piercings, and a Metallica t-shirt
A couple of shifty looking 50-something guys with dirty wife-beater t-shirts and camo pants standing by the side of the road for no apparent reason

It is ALL unwanted attention that engenders a certain level of fear. What makes you think it is OK to "check out" a total stranger just because you are male and she is female?

Old 08-19-2017, 07:10 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Wait.... the OP is in her 60s?

Lawd.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:03 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I guess a lot of posters have never worked in a sector dominated by women...?

There is no difference between men and women when it comes to this once there is critical mass...

The stories of male strippers for bachelorete parties or strip clubs happen on the female side just as often...

Heck.. there are women from the back office that come to the ER just to see the fire fighters... and then comment about who was hot and who wasn't.

Don't women realize how insulting this is?
I delivered office supplies one summer when I was in college and can confirm this behavior. I was only a couple of years out of the military and was still in great shape, plus I worked out. And I had a daily route that I covered, with easily 90% of the deliveries made to the front desk receptionist, or a female office manager.

And long story short, I made out like a bandit lol.

I'm not even joking, I would get hit on several times each week. Most of them were young single women my age or a little older, but there was also more than one with a ring who wasn't even shy about it. In fact, I had so much fun that summer that I seriously considered becoming a driver for Fedex or UPS.

(things like that don't happen when you're 50 with a bald spot, but that's another story)

So I think about that now every time I hear one of these feminist screeds about how men are so bad... Um, hey ladies? Methinks you doth protest too much.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
It is ALL unwanted attention that engenders a certain level of fear. What makes you think it is OK to "check out" a total stranger just because you are male and she is female?
The ones that men check out, and the women check out, are dressed and use makeup etc., to highlight themselves in a way that attracts male or female attention. The ones that are not seeking being checked out dress down and do not try to make themselves look over attractive to the opposite sex. If they dress and makeup their appearance to look sexy and draw peoples attention, they will get attention. On the other hand dress nice and use some makeup, but not to look hot as the young say, then they are not going to be checked out.

The story I related about that young waitress. She had been looking like a normal young woman, but not dressing or making herself up to look hot and sexy. She relied on giving above average service, to get the big tips. Her appearance neither attracted or turned off men. When she was catching her future husband after their first date, on the day he was arriving she made herself look hot for him, and in doing so had the men all wanting to sit at her tables and ogle her.

An old saying is very appropriate here. "You Reap What You Sow" If you makeup to look hot and sexy, and wear hot and sexy clothes, you are going to turn on the hormones in the opposite sex (and some same sex people), and those hormones are going to tell that person to ogle you.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:40 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology