Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 03:58 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times

Advertisements

Sorry guys after reading my post again I can see I sounded like a prick blaming it on overweight people. Chances are in most situations it is young and/or entitled people who do it the most. I apologize if I offended. Was trying to be funny but it didn't come out that way on paper. I do like toilet humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 08:21 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times
I think it's done by passive aggressive, angry people. They are the equivalent of keyboard warriors.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:28 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sol View Post
I went to the bathroom at Walmart the other day, and there was pee-soaked toilet paper all over the seat and turds on top of it and on the floor. It was disgusting.

Do these people have some kind of mental illness and crap all over the place at home too?
If I was president people who do this sort of thing would be forced to on a soiled toilet seat and wear the same clothes for a day without cleaning.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:22 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Because their pigs with no manners, simple as that!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Having spent many years cleaning such public bathrooms I can say I have found pretty much anything you can imagine, including a wall completely soaked in blood. I worked at a boat rental facility in a park for many years. People would even gut their fish in the bathroom and toss the guts into the toilet or urinal (which of course plugged it up). The grossest stuff tended to be in the women's bathrooms. A lot more intentional disgusting-ness there. The guys was disgusting more often, but it was because someone missed the urinal or toilet some, or they had explosive diarrhea. Women seemed more inclined to stick things to the wall or make some intentional mess just so someone had to see it and/or clean it up.

Surprisingly, kids were not worse than adults. We had more gross things from big groups of adults than we did from big groups of kids. Kids miss more, but they do not tend to be as gross.

Luckily, we only had to scoop up large solid messes, the rest we sprayed bleachy water on the entire bathroom and hosed it all down the drain.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
For some people I think it is a primitive instinctual act of aggression and hostility.
That was my thought as well. Especially those who do it at work, they think of it as a way to get back at "the man". Even though the top executives most likely have a private bathroom, and it's the poor janitors who have to deal with the mess.

Mostly they're just idiots who don't think their actions all the way through.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:14 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Nope, the main messes I saw (not counting in Walmart bathrooms) were in a private office building with three floors. The second floor housed a call center and apparently those women didn't want to mess in their own bathrooms, so they'd come down to our floor and make a disgusting mess down there. No mental illness or homelessness, just total disregard for anyone but themselves. The things they left behind were absolutely disgusting. On top of that, we had to hide the air freshening spray because they'd steal it.
I was wrong, call me an ass for assuming. It's just hard to comprehend how people in professional settings have such a disregard for cleaning up after themselves in public restrooms. I'm certainly not the cleanest person in the world but I'm not that inconsiderate to leave such a mess in a area which is already a breeding ground for germs. I don't even feel comfortable just leaving my trash on the ground at a sports game or movie theatre. Maybe this is the mentality that some of these folks have out in public, that they're at a concert where you just leave your mess everywhere and someone will be there to pick up after you when you leave.

Last edited by Ro2113; 08-28-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 12:16 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
For some people I think it is a primitive instinctual act of aggression and hostility.
I agree.. At an old location I worked at, for a while, every time we had an Overtime day, someone would write in excrement on the stall walls and on the mirror... Gross!!!

Old 08-28-2017, 12:18 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I use public toilets every time we go out, I have no choice, I find the majority of them clean. Years ago I saw turds on seats etc, but now, they mostly seem to be well taken care of.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:22 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Maybe this is the mentality that some of these folks have out in public, that they're at a concert where you just leave your mess everywhere and someone will be there to pick up after you when you leave.
To me this would be a big red flag about whether I'd want to have a relationship with a person (whether that be a personal or business relationship). Leaving a germ infested mess in a bathroom escalates that red flag to an entirely different level, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology