Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 02:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenoun View Post
I get the feeling it wasn't really anything much to do with enjoying sex in itself.
Of course not.

It's all about the male ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 02:31 PM

358 posts, read 208,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You are so silly.

1. You are welcome to assume whatever you like. But please explain to me how it is that a woman who has had many partners, can't commit, bond, or be faithful, but a man who has had many partners somehow can.

2. The relevant question that any woman should ask, of a man who claims to have had many partners, is "how many of them were one night stands?" or "how many tried to make a second sexual encounter happen, after the first?" Worst lover of my life was a good looking guy who bragged about how many women he'd been with...I really should have asked one of those questions, I could have saved myself some time.

3. If a woman is good looking and available, a lot of "quality men" won't care how many partners she has had. The men I've known who care about this sort of thing the most, are horrible partners and have failed at every relationship they've ever attempted. Their controlling, insecure, and often narcissistic behavior tends to steer their 'ships right off a cliff sooner or later.

See, this is why some men like inexperienced women. A woman who doesn't know better, might actually believe this BS, she doesn't have the lifetime full of experience to disprove it like some of us do.

Hope that helps.
As I said, many will pretend that its not true. Men and women are very different and you should know this. Trust me, a quality man WILL NOT settle for a woman that has slept with half a town or every football team within a 50 mile range. To be perfectly honest, women are the biggest critics of promiscuous women, because they are a threat. Unless we are talking about other promiscuous women, then its back to in group bias and defending women at all costs. Where do you fit in?

"A 2010 study published in Journal of Marriage and Family found that there was a correlation between female pre-maritial promiscuity and higher rates of divorce. The research, conducted by Jay Teachman, found that women with 16 or more sexual partners prior to marriage had an 80% rate of subsequent divorce."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_promiscuity

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R-WhB9g9eY...1600/teachmanl

You want me to continue proving every word I say?

Old 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM

12 posts, read 11,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Of course not.

It's all about the male ego.
What do you mean? We all have an ego.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
As I said, many will pretend that its not true. Men and women are very different and you should know this. Trust me, a quality man WILL NOT settle for a woman that has slept with half a town or every football team within a 50 mile range. To be perfectly honest, women are the biggest critics of promiscuous women, because they are a threat. Unless we are talking about other promiscuous women, then its back to in group bias and defending women at all costs. Where do you fit in?

A 2010 study published in Journal of Marriage and Family found that there was a correlation between female pre-maritial promiscuity and higher rates of divorce. The research, conducted by Jay Teachman, found that women with 16 or more sexual partners prior to marriage had an 80% rate of subsequent divorce.
Yes, and those are the guys that treat women as property. They don't want the dirty fingerprints of all those other guys on their property.

If they didn't see these women as property, then they wouldn't care.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, and those are the guys that treat women as property. They don't want the dirty fingerprints of all those other guys on their property.

If they didn't see these women as property, then they wouldn't care.
Whatever justification you find for it in your head, it just doesn't disprove science. Sorry.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Whatever justification you find for it in your head, it just doesn't disprove science. Sorry.
No one has presented any science here. Just incoherent ramblings and sexist BS.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreams2013 View Post
Reminds me of this video I watched not too long ago. The narrator delves into a specific trope concerning the male fantasy of inexperienced, child-like women.

https://youtu.be/0thpEyEwi80
Everyone is inexperienced at some time. You have to start somewhere. I can see how a man would enjoy that - lol Captain Kirk teaching the hot alien women about "love". I do remember a female crew member trying to have a relationship with Data.

Apparently some female teachers are also big on this fantasy in regards to certain male students.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenoun View Post
What do you mean? We all have an ego.
Are you reading the other replies here? There are a couple of intelligent posters who are explaining it very well.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:49 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:

"A 2010 study published in Journal of Marriage and Family found that there was a correlation between female pre-maritial promiscuity and higher rates of divorce. The research, conducted by Jay Teachman, found that women with 16 or more sexual partners prior to marriage had an 80% rate of subsequent divorce."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R-WhB9g9eY...1600/teachmanl

You want me to continue proving every word I say?

There is a difference between correlation and causation.

I would venture to say most women who were virgin brides are also very religious. Many religious women would be more inclined to stay in an unhappy marriage due to church teachings. This is going to drive up the numbers of virgin brides who never divorced.

On the other end of the spectrum, women who have had more partners are more likely to have higher standards for a husband and get a divorce when she is unhappy in the marriage.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
There is a difference between correlation and causation.

I would venture to say most women who were virgin brides are also very religious. Many religious women would be more inclined to stay in an unhappy marriage due to church teachings. This is going to drive up the numbers of virgin brides who never divorced.

On the other end of the spectrum, women who have had more partners are more likely to have higher standards for a husband and get a divorce when she is unhappy in the marriage.
Yes, I understand the difference between correlation and causation. My stance was clearly that there is an existing negative correlation between female promiscuity and her ability to bond with a male. Men intuitively know this, and if at all possible, look for women with less sexual experience. Women know this because they pretend to have had less sexual partners when asked, just wont admit to it. This is very basic stuff. Its just a fact, not an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology