Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,973,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemToolGirl View Post
Of course, but sometimes making love does cause a war. The heat of passion. But generally, great sex with a great person is a good experience.
I think it causes war when there's no balance between arousal and feelings.

When there is only arousal, it's like masturbation using another person, a selfish act.

When there is only feelings, it feels like not daring to fully enjoy the experience, a scary experience.

But when you can reach the perfect balance, then it's perfect. Some foreplay and teasing here, some conversation and jokes there, everybody relaxes and enjoys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 05:09 PM

3,494 posts, read 2,654,072 times
Anger is so much worse than depression!

I believe the opposite is true. Although I have never felt depression, I get angry occasionally, and it feels great to release the tension. No one can hear me in my car, but I can curse like a truck driver and I'm over the feeling in seconds. Depression can be long lasting and debilitating.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM

36 posts, read 22,218 times
No I need to get back to depression. I have never screamed at my child. They are old enough now not to be so dependent on me for everything. I feel all I do is clean up after them. Mess after mess after mess after mess. How do you flood a floor and sinks and much more of a hug mess making one P&J sandwich. I lost it. Probably every neighbor heard me. "ISSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CLEANINnnnnnnnnnnnG and on and on at the top of my lungs....!!!!!

I can barely breathe.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:27 PM

And the sad thing is I feel so guilty and my child could care less because they are so spoiled by their dad that they had no concern but to come down and want me to cut it in a specific fashion. That is one of my problems....nothing is ever about me, It is about everyone else. I guess that is why I wish to take off, assume another name, and go from there.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Anger is so much worse than depression!

I believe the opposite is true. Although I have never felt depression, I get angry occasionally, and it feels great to release the tension. No one can hear me in my car, but I can curse like a truck driver and I'm over the feeling in seconds. Depression can be long lasting and debilitating.
I bet it felt good! I had all my windows open. I am sure I was heard quite well. Oh well. What can u do?

Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,886,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemToolGirl View Post

I have a family member that constantly calls and texts.
How is this ^^^ person related to you?

Old 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM

343 posts, read 316,354 times
take a kickboxing or martial arts class for anger....as for depression, trying meditation, yoga, art therapy or creative writing/drawing...as cliche as it sounds exercise helps, especially when you find what works for you.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:40 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,339,973 times
I'd say anger is WORSE.
I'm traditionally a yeller and screamer, but I don't do so much anymore. I've had a bad temper for as long as I can remember. Once when I was a kid, my dad came after me because I was screaming in anger, he had his belt out and began to swing it at me and I grabbed it. He got so mad he was about to punch me! He was I think the only one who could shut me up when I yelled.
I've learned to control my anger. I'm now on meds for depression - I've had depression for many years, and didn't acknowledge it (denial). I still get periods of depression at times, but keeping it under control.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,955,725 times
Two things handle my anger....and then a few other things.

First, I grew up with an irritating little brother that I was forbidden to hit. In the end run, I contribute this situation to producing "interrupters" to my anger, uncontrollable mental devices that stop me from getting angry. It is not always, good, however for it worked against me in lines of work where anger is often used to get things done, such as the service.

Secondly, I NEVER want anyone to say to me, "Why do you have to be so mean?". This may be a device that worked of my childhood destructiveness when it burned itself out.

Finally, in my martial training, there is my controlled ascension to my maximum energy before my adverisery reaches his maximum energy, to overtake his ascension and take him out first. It is something that I have developed over the years so I am in control and not blinded by anger for that is another thing, not being in control is frightful.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:38 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,358,315 times
In my view, anger is pointless unless it incites useful action.

With your kid, it's time to read some parenting books on how to counteract the other parent's bad influence. And guess what? You may not scream at your kid, but your kid knows you're angry and is going to gravitate toward their father more and more while you stew in your rage. So fix it.

You say you're seeing a doc, but are you seeing a therapist? Because honestly, I recommend it all the time on these boards, but there are very few people who need one more than you do.

Cut off the "relative" who is constantly harassing you. The therapist can help with how to do this.

Start exercising. Do pushups and squats and crunches at home. Run. Take the kid on a hike. Whatever you can do to keep yourself moving will help.

Start a journal of your thoughts. Track your feelings, what triggers your greatest anger.

You're angry. So it's time to actually take action because otherwise it's just going to eat you alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology