Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:40 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times

Advertisements

This thread sounds like the OP pulled it out of their ass but I will put in my two cents anyway.

Every psychologist I have personally known had kids that grew up to be bat **** crazy or drug addicts. They all blamed it on their crazy parent who was a psychologist always messing with their heads. So my opinion is most psychologists are at least a little nuts themselves. Even Dr. Phil who loves to be opinionated about how everyone else should conduct themselves and raise their children, has a son who is a drug addict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 08:52 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
I dated a psychologist for a brief time. Between him and the other therapists I have known personally, I would say they get into the field from a close, personal interest in it. Get my drift?

Old 09-17-2017, 09:02 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This thread sounds like the OP pulled it out of their ass but I will put in my two cents anyway.

Every psychologist I have personally known had kids that grew up to be bat **** crazy or drug addicts. They all blamed it on their crazy parent who was a psychologist always messing with their heads. So my opinion is most psychologists are at least a little nuts themselves. Even Dr. Phil who loves to be opinionated about how everyone else should conduct themselves and raise their children, has a son who is a drug addict.

You got the first part right! The other stuff you posted sounds like something you now pulled out of your ass!!

To say that "every" psychologist you know has had crazy kids is "crazy" on your part. This whole thread is ridiculous. I've seen some silly posts/threads here, and this is one of them!!

Old 09-17-2017, 09:32 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
You can't diagnose someone based on interactions with a few people. Maybe she has a sensitive nose and it does smell to her. Maybe she didn't like the BF and exploited his weaknesses. But you can't know how she's been in every single relationship.
It sounds like she's not kind to everyone but that's far from being a psycho. Haven't you ever disliked people or hurt anyone? Does it mean that you're doing it to everyone?
Everything isn't a mental illness, sometimes you just met a mean jerk.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
Quote:

Dr Phil's son isn't a junkie. I wouldn't be surprised if he smokes weed but that's normal nowadays.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:29 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Psychologists--at least in my state--have to go through hundreds of hours of therapy themselves, as well as supervision, before they even obtain a license, so I wonder about this person, also. Someone with this degree of pathology (if these statements are true) should not even be in practice.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
If she is a licensed therapist then I think you have a moral obligation to report her to her licensing board. That comment about her boyfriend and suicide, shaming the woman about her odor. Bad enough for someone not responsible for other people but if this true she is a danger to her patients.
Its on you to do something.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:18 AM

23 posts, read 13,087 times
Quote:

I do not have the time nor the imagination to make this up. This psychologist is someone I met and they personally told me this stuff over a lunch meeting. I also met the ex who also told me stuff.
I am just trying to get more informed opinions on this person as I was pretty shocked over their behavior.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I have often heard that some go into the mental health field because of their own issues.

I got to thinking that she may be the one with the undesirable odor as she definitely stinks!

She obviously should be the patient.

Could be fake, but some people are just really jerks.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:32 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverEden View Post
You got the first part right! The other stuff you posted sounds like something you now pulled out of your ass!!

To say that "every" psychologist you know has had crazy kids is "crazy" on your part. This whole thread is ridiculous. I've seen some silly posts/threads here, and this is one of them!!
Well I only personally know a grand total of three psychologists and all 3 are a little nuts and weird as hell and has at least one kid that is either flippers or a drug addict so no, I didn't pull it out of my ass.

I'm not saying they are all like this, just the few I know and it seems as if it is rather common for people in that field. It is sort of like how plumbers asses are always showing, we all know that not ALL plumber's ass cracks are always showing but damn I have seen more plumber ass cracks than all other profession ass cracks combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology