Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 11:02 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,165,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
Great Fight Club reference! That's one of my all-time favorite films.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,804,040 times
Not sure why it's happening but I will be the last one to convert over to being angry. What a miserable way to go through life.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:35 AM

1,257 posts, read 883,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Not sure why it's happening but I will be the last one to convert over to being angry. What a miserable way to go through life.
It would take all of my concentration and effort to live that way. Exhausting! In fact, it would take a personality transplant. I wouldn't have any friends, my family wouldn't put up with me, people would see me coming and scatter, and employees everywhere would loathe me. But I'm sure I'd be in denial and think everyone else was the problem.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,625,055 times
I personally know plenty of people and sadly some relatives who wake up angry, stay angry all day, go to bed angry and repeat the same process day after day. If something needs to be repaired they get angry if the repair people cannot get to them when they want it done. They get angry when someone asks them to help out around the house. They get angry when they are asked to help their neighbors do something or to help others. They get angry when when it rains and spoils their plans. And something else I have noticed is that they are angry if others are happy and enjoying themselves.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I personally know plenty of people and sadly some relatives who wake up angry, stay angry all day, go to bed angry and repeat the same process day after day. If something needs to be repaired they get angry if the repair people cannot get to them when they want it done. They get angry when someone asks them to help out around the house. They get angry when they are asked to help their neighbors do something or to help others. They get angry when when it rains and spoils their plans. And something else I have noticed is that they are angry if others are happy and enjoying themselves.
That's the kind that go on shooting sprees for sport. You can only live with so much rage inside before it explodes. These people are ticking time bombs.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:15 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,625,055 times
Sometimes angry people want to know why they never get invited to outings or to other events. Its because they are angry and like to cause drama. They don't care about the impact their anger has on others. It is not hard to be a kind, peaceful human being.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Sometimes angry people want to know why they never get invited to outings or to other events. Its because they are angry and like to cause drama. They don't care about the impact their anger has on others. It is not hard to be a kind, peaceful human being.
Well, it's not hard for us to be kind and peaceful. I think some people are just the three C's:

Born contrary
Grow up cantankerous
And die curmudgeonly

Old 10-10-2017, 11:57 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,811,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
That's the kind that go on shooting sprees for sport. You can only live with so much rage inside before it explodes. These people are ticking time bombs.
Very true. Like the rage in James Hodgkinson, the progressive-left-wing Bernie Sanders acolyte who hated all Republicans and shot 4 of them including House Whip Steve Scalise.

Gunman who shot Steve Scalise cased baseball field for weeks before rampage - Chicago Tribune

We're seeing more and more vehement rage on the part of the left -- such as CBS Vice-President Hayley Geftman-Gold. She was fired for posting hateful things such as:

"I'm actually not even sympathetic [because] country music fans often are Republican gun toters," former Vice President and Senior Counsel of Strategic Transactions at CBS Hayley Geftman-Gold wrote.

CBS executive fired after saying Las Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy | TheHill

Old 10-10-2017, 12:08 PM

28,889 posts, read 30,151,707 times
We were discussing this today with a few people and someone bought up another reason why people are so angry, or so they think and it made sense....
I apologize beforehand, if someone has mentioned this:

The idea of rewarding every child the same. What makes people angry is, it is unfair to give rewards to people who have not earned it. You have those that are workers, and then those who don't even show up for work and yet, they still get the same reward.

Same with little kids, if our society continues to reward kids for under achieving, then children won't understand, how to lose...which is unfair to them...

Losing is part of life's lessons....not everyone can be a winner....and it is so unfair to pair under achievers with those who work hard for their marks in school, in college and then at work.

Not to mention, if they don't get what they want, it's a huge huge upset and they don't and/or can't handle it.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:12 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,013,441 times
Not all, but a lot of anger stems from fear, from being hurt, or feelings of guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology