Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times

Advertisements

I've noticed tons of people troll on threads about bullying, telling parents that their bullied children are just weaklings, invite the abuse or that it's good for them to get pushed around. Or they should just "ignore" it if their kid is getting beaten up every day. At best, it's just bad advice but at worst, I suspect they get off on making the parents feel even worse about the situation. So basically, what I've noticed is any thread with "bullying" in the title attracts the bullies in mass droves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 11:05 AM

1,257 posts, read 888,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've noticed tons of people troll on threads about bullying, telling parents that their bullied children are just weaklings, invite the abuse or that it's good for them to get pushed around. Or they should just "ignore" it if their kid is getting beaten up every day. At best, it's just bad advice but at worst, I suspect they get off on making the parents feel even worse about the situation. So basically, what I've noticed is any thread with "bullying" in the title attracts the bullies in mass droves.
These "trolls" are masochistic bullies who no doubt grew up bullying, abuse their children/animals, and over time have burned all of their bridges, so now they bully strangers online. They go through life angry, mentally ill and abusive. Anyone who condones violence among children is just plain psychotic.

I have zero tolerance for it.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Lets just call trolls what they are: cowards.

They hide behind a screen name and do verbal bullying.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:38 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
These "trolls" are masochistic bullies who no doubt grew up bullying, abuse their children/animals, and over time have burned all of their bridges, so now they bully strangers online. They go through life angry, mentally ill and abusive. Anyone who condones violence among children is just plain psychotic.

I have zero tolerance for it.
Same here. And when they say bullying is okay or a "rite of passage" on an internet forum, they are basically promoting violence against children on a public message board. I could find dozens of postings like that here, as I've seen quite a few over a period of time. I think those people need to be named and shamed.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:52 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Deep rooted insecurity. Fear. Mental illness. Those are the main reasons. Much of that is likely a result of upbringing, lots of bad luck in life, genetics, or depression. Some people are just born that way, or it runs in the family, or they simply weren't loved enough as a child (or now).
All of the above or how about NOT getting out there and working on themselves to be a better person and learn SELF LOVE.... we were not all born with a silver spoon in our mouths and many had difficult upbringings not filled with large bags of love. In the last 2-3 decades there is so much help to reach out and get to find the love of self. And I'm talking love and respecting oneself.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:55 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Lets just call trolls what they are: cowards.

They hide behind a screen name and do verbal bullying.
There are two major "grown up bullies" that follow me and attack everything I say and offer. They don't like where I come from with my opinions and experiences and therefore can only attack...aka bullying. Then a few other rolling stone bullies jump on and it spirals. Sickening...spineless. Not even childish as many children know better.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are two major "grown up bullies" that follow me and attack everything I say and offer. They don't like where I come from with my opinions and experiences and therefore can only attack...aka bullying. Then a few other rolling stone bullies jump on and it spirals. Sickening...spineless. Not even childish as many children know better.

Do you report them? There is no excuse for that. I like the ignore button, but also firmly believe that sometimes it is necessary to put the fools in their place and give their own medicine right back to them. If no one says or does anything, they will go on attacking and abusing others.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:04 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Do you report them? There is no excuse for that. I like the ignore button, but also firmly believe that sometimes it is necessary to put the fools in their place and give their own medicine right back to them. If no one says or does anything, they will go on attacking and abusing others.
I agree with this. Report them and put them on ignore. There is no excuse in that behavior.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:10 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
It's for the lulz and nothing more.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
It's for the lulz and nothing more.
Exactly. They get their kicks out of kicking and taking personal jabs at people, because they're miserable wretches who enjoy hurting people, ganging up on them like common bullies do. They hide behind their screens and spew things they would never dare say to someone's face. At least not to me they wouldn't, I guarantee it! They might try it once but they'd be knocked down a few pegs before they got their first lulz out. I hear what people say about others behind their backs, the cowards. One look from me and they shut up proper. It's not amusing. It's sick.

I stopped getting pushed around and putting up with 7th grade behavior, back in 7th grade.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 10-10-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology