Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
Feelings of impending doom can be a sign of heart issues in women. Also, depression may be related to heart issues.

If you're not seeing a doctor, ensure you do. Another poster mentioned pregnancy. I'd mention this to the doctor, that you're considering having a child, and ask for a full check-up.
Broken Heart Syndrome is real. My mother had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 05:22 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
This isn't something that I normally think about much. I have a little bit more as I age, but mostly in the context of realizing that there is indeed date of expiration here. People your age rarely if at all think about death as you've stated in the OP.

I did recently have a weird experience. As I was getting ready to leave the house to run some errands I was thinking about just how instantly your life could change if you were to get into an auto accident. I mean we are literally relying on other people to not kill you driving. I was thinking just how instantly you could be dead. You're driving through an intersection and someone blows through the red light and T-bones you. BAM, gone baby gone.

Ten minutes later I was sitting at a stop light, happen to look into the rearview mirror and saw a car rapidly approaching behind me. They weren't paying attention and had to slam on the brakes and I could hear the tires squealing on the asphalt because they were skidding.

They barely stopped in time. I probably wouldn't have been killed but it was a scary 2 or 3 seconds as there wasn't time or anything I could do at that point.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:15 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
In the past 4 years or so, 9 people I know very well, within 2 or 3 years of my age have dropped dead (we're in our 60's). I told a friend of mine to stay the hell away from me, I'm bad luck. Well...he died in his sleep last June. Can't say I didn't warn him.
I am the opposite, no one that I've know or know well has died in like at least 5 years.. I'm sure this good run will end sooner then later.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:24 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Just reading the news, would instill this thought in a rational person.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:59 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I thought I would die at 62 like my mother, but I am now 65 and still here however lately I have strong feelings that I don't have much time left. I have several severe health conditions including cardiac and Diabetes mostly uncontrolled. and those two things are what my mother died from. Her death was sudden when it happened.

You may notice that under my screen name it say ,"Waiting for God" and that is how I feel and what I am doing. So the answer to the OP's question is Yes.
I feel this way often. I am almost 62, my brother passed at 68. I have some issues that bother me, creakiness, etc., but mostly stress from my husband who can be rather mean and cantankerous.

There are times I wish I could just die in my sleep, as I have little to look forward to other than more of the same, getting older and sick, etc.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:56 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
I don't feel I am going to die anytime soon. I just think life will continue to get more complicated after events like the Vegas shooting. We will be forced to give up more freedom and privacy which will create more stress in our everyday lives.

I guess if you participate in high risk activities then you should contemplate dying on a regular basis.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:17 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
I often had those thoughts during my teens, but I've almost lived twice the length of my teens, and nobody in my family has died unexpectedly while I've been alive (some family events happened before I was born). So I'm convinced that I could die at any time of injury or illness, but it doesn't invade my thoughts.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:12 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
there's a day or two where minutes after waking and getting up for the day I wonder if this will be my last day.....odd though, isn't it?

Old 11-01-2017, 06:44 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
We're all going to be dead one day. That's life. When that happens is up to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology