Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 08:27 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why do boys betray their girlfriends? ...

That doesn;t answer the OPs question does it?

How did I know this would be the very next post!

I've noticed on social media, even CD(see the manolescent Peter Pan thread above and the subsequent responses), that when a post is made asks 'Why do women do (something not good)"? The immediate responses are like yours, or 'Not all women" or "men do it too" But when the question is 'Why are men so bad"? or something imilar, the majority of replies( by both genders) are usually affirmation that men are indeed evil entities. I wonder why that is.

Last edited by LeaveWI; 11-25-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 08:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Why do fathers walk away from their daughters?
Why do mothers harm their children?

Old 11-25-2017, 09:06 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Why do mothers harm their children?
Why does anything ugly happen?.

The premise of the the thread is niavely narrow.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:16 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
That doesn;t answer the OPs question does it?

How did I know this would be the very next post!

I've noticed on social media, even CD(see the manolescent Peter Pan thread above and the subsequent responses), that when a post is made asks 'Why do women do (something not good)"? The immediate responses are like yours, or 'Not all women" or "men do it too" But when the question is 'Why are men so bad"? or something imilar, the majority of replies( by both genders) are usually affirmation that men are indeed evil entities. I wonder why that is.
I think the point is it's a human character flaw, not specific to ones sex.

Why do girls betray? Answer is why do men betray?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:57 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Here's looking at that from a biologist's point of view: It's hard-wired into their brains ...

...Our closest relatives, the Chimpanzees, carry this out to the extreme. When a female comes into heat, she may have sex with every male in her group. We share 99% of our DNA with them. So don't blame the women, they're just following their inborn impulses. If you're going to have a relationship with one of them, you have to deal with it. Civilization has attempted to quell these matings with multiple men, but obviously has had only limited success at it.

A statistic compiled decades ago, showed that 25% of all children born to married couples, have biological fathers other than the women's husbands. I'd bet that percentage has increased today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Oh please, humans are not chimps. We are held to a higher standard. It's a choice to be unfaithful. We are not mindlessly driven by instinct like some lower forms of life are. Just because 25% supposedly have children by someone else doesn't make it right. And where do they get these statistics, and how accurate are they? It sounds more like an excuse to me. It's shameful behavior just the same no matter who does it male, or female.
No. He’s right.

And so are you. Humans have the ability to over rule what actually is a biological drive of hypergamy. It’s our Freedom of Choice, which is based on a religious tenant of being called to become “God-like” & maintain our dominion over the earth, the sea & its creatures.

It’s probably what led to our evolution beyond that of the apes. But God is now passé & we might be de-evolving rapidly due to that.

I’m a female with Hyperfertility (hyper ovulation) & as such have been hard-wired for polyamory & hypergamy. I can actually “feel” this biological mandate & would be very content to live in a society of female polyamory.

Without the belief that I am called to be higher than the animals, it would take me less than 2 seconds to rationalize my intentions to betray any man with the one excuse that is, oddly, thought to be uniquely “male”:

“Its just sex”.

Because to me, it is. I can love a partner but they have no dominion over my sexuality. It’s my magic. It’s sex.

It took a very long time for me to understand why I would lose interest in having sex if birth control, including condoms, were used. The magic was gone. It made me feel like a tool & that’s not sexy.

My ex-partners would complain that I “acted like man” in a relationship. I guess I could argue that I’m actually a genetic throwback to the more animal-like female. Except that with maturity, I’ve been able to master my own Freedom of Choice. Because I don’t want to live my life as a bad person. To be honest I’m not sure if it’s sustainable for me & I wonder if ageing will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology