Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 05:31 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,916 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone here has or not...

I cry about money sometimes. Its a secret I have. I have cried in the bathroom at work on break, or maybe when I get back to my place. I struggle with money not having enough and so it causes me stress. Weirdly enough afterwards I'm not sad and normally I feel better. Lol which is funny to be bc it's not like crying changes my situation... but normally I feel better afterwards

Anyone else cry over money?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 05:56 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post

I cry about money sometimes. Its a secret I have. I have cried in the bathroom at work on break, or maybe when I get back to my place. I struggle with money not having enough and so it causes me stress. Weirdly enough afterwards I'm not sad and normally I feel better. Lol which is funny to be bc it's not like crying changes my situation... but normally I feel better afterwards

I've never cried for not having enough, but have worried about that issue over my life. Now, If I won a lot of money I know I would cry. And you know what if I won a LOT, I'd give some to some people who are struggling and there are so many struggling. I'd give you a lump amount. I know you are trying so hard...hope you can find a way to make ENUF and more.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 PM

274 posts, read 237,502 times
Yes, I've cried over money. We were hit hard in the last recession. Both my husband and I were permanently "laid off" from our good jobs and so many people were looking for work that not even fast food restaurants would hire us. Our children were still in high school and we wanted to shield them as much as possible, but you can't hide a near empty fridge and pantry.

I had many sleepless nights and many times when I couldn't stop crying. The good news is that our situation gradually improved, and today money is no longer a stress point. We did lose a lot of ground as far as retirement and savings, but knowing that we are not alone in that makes it less of a concern, if that makes sense.

I don't know your situation, but good times and bad times both come to an end, so you won't be crying over money forever. It's tough while you are in the thick of it though. Wishing you the best.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post

Releasing your feelings is making you feel better. Rather than holding them in, so good for you! Sometimes I get annoyed that I can't cry over whatever because I know it would help me.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:02 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
I'm almost sure, most people have cried/stressed over money at one point in their life.

I cried once about money. I remember that day vividly, and vowed to myself I would avoid at all cost never to feel feeling way again. So, I motivated myself to a path of financial freedom. Since then, I been doing pretty good.

Its okay, OP. You're young and Im sure you'll take necessary steps to be financially independent.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,411 times
I haven't cried about money, per se.

But are you really crying about money or about missing material things? Or are you really crying about stress? People cry about stress all the time.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm almost sure, most people have cried/stressed over money at one point in their life.

I cried once about money. I remember that day vividly, and vowed to myself I would avoid at all cost never to feel feeling way again. So, I motivated myself to a path of financial freedom. Since then, I been doing pretty good.

Its okay, OP. You're young and Im sure you'll take necessary steps to be financially independent.
I'm picturing Scarlet O'hara sobbing "I will never be poor again!"

Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,568,640 times
A good cry usually makes me feel better

I don't think I have cried over money exactly but I have certainly been stressed about not having money! I have realized how important it is to live well below your means so that money is not a stressor. It is amazing how much better your life can be when you aren't worried about how you are going to pay your bills.

I think the recession was a lesson to those of us that struggled through it. It taught me to be thankful for what I have and not to sweat the small stuff.

I hope you will be worry free soon!

Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Heck yes. Fear of the future, the unknown, especially about housing in my old age. Eventually, I got help dealing with depression and finding the energy to figure out how to get into low-income senior housing that's fairly secure.

Sometimes being really upset about a situation gives you the kick in the butt to make needed changes. Sorry you're stressed out and I hope you can figure out a good plan for the future.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:27 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,132 times
I have midwest depression era parents bag lady syndrome. Which many of my midwest friends also have. Cry, yes over some bad investments. I remember how hard my dad worked to make money.

But to me its like being born with green eyes, something that I just have.

Hubs and our investment advisor tell me I have nothing to worry about. But its just too ingrained. I could have Warren Buffets money and still be concerned.

Yet I still spend and go on great trips. Mostly cause our investment guy every December, tells us you ARE going to travel next year. And then he does the there has to be something you want to buy.

We surprised him 2 years ago and spent $250,000 on redecorating.

Last edited by foundapeanut; 11-29-2017 at 12:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology