Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 10:38 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
I’m 5’5. 36 DD.

Interesting how the majority of women on CD claim to have huge natural boobs but aren't overweight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 11:07 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,579 times
I am 53 FF Manboobs!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 AM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Maybe you think the only thing you have going for you are your looks, and that they should be enough.
Being interested in the other person is a lot more important.

Try to improve your self-esteem and develop better people skills.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
All my life people would say “you’re so pretty why don’t you have a boyfriend?” Or people would call me “beautiful” instead of by name or tell others how gorgeous I was and I’d overhear it or they would tell me....yet men have barely been interested in me. I’m married now and he isn’t even into me. It’s almost like he stayed with me by default because he “isn’t a catch like he used to be”. Every time I was interested in a guy they would like my friend. I went to a speed dating thing once and got zero matches. My friend who isn’t attractive got 10. Yes I know it’s about personality and confidence also but I am outgoing and have a good sense of humor and common sense. But in speed dating it’s so quick they have to partially judge you on looks. I’ve struggled with weight but nothing too drastic. 25 to 40 lbs but even when I was at my thinnest I had no luck. I met someone from Match.com who I was talking to for a while and and soon as he saw me in person he made and excuse to leave. I thought maybe I wore to much eye makeup but that wasn’t the car either.
I know I’m married now but please don’t say I shouldn’t worry because my husband loves me because that doesn’t help me understand.
Strange post, why post something like this if one is married. Or why at all.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
work on the personality aspect. No-one wants to hang with a beautiful cardboard cut out.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:55 PM

4,206 posts, read 4,457,265 times
There is also the possibility you are so beautiful you are intimidating so men only look and don't engage.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32058726
Or an archetype in visual appeal that men conjure up qualities that shuns them. A good example being a perceived 'high maintenance' type.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post38266098

Some other reasons may be:
//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...l#post46785070

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post47468589

Here's a tale I can relate to show some differences.

One sibling throughout her formative years had men constantly asking her out - she had the bubbly cheerleader type personality always accepted everyone and would listen to any guy who talked with her and was a bit tomboyish which made males (I think) comfortable being themselves around her.

Another, more quiet in personality (sometimes perceived as coy and refined by her demeanor and actions), would also get interest from men, but usually not the ones she was interested in. She tended to get guys who either put her on a pedestal or with nothing to lose ask her out.

Another in her high school / college years never thought she looked good and had no confidence in her appearance nor made any effort to look as good / carry herself as good as she could. She had very few guys (often strange or socially inept) show interest in her.

It often is what you are projecting unconsciously and your efforts toward being the best all around person you can be. There also may be issue with if you physically developed early and those DDs were all you had going for you that you didn't develop enough well rounded interests and focus on other things to make yourself appealing to opposite sex.

It all should be moot since you are married.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:08 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Thinking about this, and I'm no raving beauty, but have not been kicked out of bed...I WOULD never approach a guy who is so handsome...no way. So. Cal. competition is so superficial, but many pleasant looking people for sure.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:08 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
This post reminds me of something. In the early-mid 1980s, I was in a postgraduate training program with another young woman in her 20s, who was very beautiful, brilliant blue eyes etc. She greatly resembled the actress Grace Kelly, of which she must have been aware, because her clothing and hairstyle was intensely of the 1950s era, ie, the time when Grace Kelly was active in the movies - meaning that she (my classmate) wore her hair plastered with hair spray into a helmet with edges curled on large curlers, and always dressed in conservative 1950s outfits including elegant pencil skirt - suits, and a very elaborate make-up. Every single day she would show up dressed for a fashion photo-shoot circa 1955.

But this was circa 1983, and we were in a training program. All of the rest of us dressed like normal students. This person was very intelligent, very pleasant, and in fact very beautiful - her style just looked extremely weird. Guys were intensely disinterested in her, she did not date anybody at all. In fact, once I actually asked my own then-boyfriend why men seem to completely ignore this gorgeous person - he just rolled his eyes and said something like "oh please... people do not want to date a weirdness that looks like their own mother 30 years ago".

I guess the everyday fashions from the late 1960s until now have trended towards natural, breezy and informal. Guys are tremendously weirded out by too elaborate hairdos, makeup and clothes, particularly too intense vintage styles. Maybe the OP has this sort of problem, maybe she just needs a very simple haircut, very simple clothes, and minimal or no makeup, to clearly advertise that she is normal?

Old 12-08-2017, 03:26 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert20170 View Post
these kind of threads are pointless without a picture.
yeppers!

Old 12-08-2017, 04:03 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology