Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:13 PM

57 posts, read 61,954 times

Advertisements

It's been like this my entire life. No one has ever wanted me around, and everyone that knows me thinks I'm a bum and failure. I'm a social reject, an outcast, a washout, a pee-on, and possibly a targeted individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:22 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,201 times
Er...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkXHsK4AQPs

Thicker skin needed, my friend. It matters not what others think of you but what you think of yourself. You have the power to change that. Either use it or spend the rest of your life making excuses.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:54 PM

235 posts, read 148,488 times
Awww. OP, you NEED to learn to stand up for yourself. I know it is hard but if you feel you are being rejected, it's coz you don't do something about it.

It all boils down to YOU. First step....

LOVE yourself and everything else will follow, just be ready to open your heart and your mind.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:00 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times
Are any of the things that they think about you true? Are you a lazy bum?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
Well why do people think you're a bum and a failure? Do you work or have any interest in gainful employment or is sleeping in till noon more appealing?

You mention you're a social reject, but maybe you are trying for the wrong group. If you skip showers, personal grooming, dress down and are trying for popularity in an after work crowd meeting for drinks, then you have a problem. Anyone can have peers even in tent city.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:12 AM

283 posts, read 327,695 times
I can relate. The home screen of my phone says “Whole World is against me” because to me it is. I’ve been disrespected and done dirty by everyone. Young, old, man, women, black, white, brown, gay, straight, family, strangers

Everyone I come across is an enemy until proven otherwise and even then I still won’t fully trust them. I won’t go out of my way to be nice or even cordial with anyone unless they initiate it or I have something to gain. Some types of people I have more contempt for than others. I care about myself, first and foremost. Couldn’t care less what happens to others as long as it doesn’t effect me

Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Are any of the things that they think about you true? Are you a lazy bum?
No, but I'm sure that I look like one. I was out of college(dropout) and unemployed for 10 consecutive months before I got my last job. I held that job for nearly 4 whole months before I finally quit due to false accusations. I've been unemployed for a little over a month, now.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:45 AM

658 posts, read 359,643 times
LOL stop caring what other people think about you. I did a long time ago.
I have never had an easy time "fitting" into society.
I have rather weird "out there" spiritual beliefs due to experiences I've had, and the materialistic stupid world that people relish so much means little to me.
Things like money, "success", competition with each other, worldly acquisitions and the like have NEVER motivated me.
I live a simple life and I like it. But I get people who think I'm unambitious, stupid (despite being degree educated and wise beyond my years) and otherwise an idiot or loser because I don't follow the superficial tune of society.
Screw what people think. When I got out and about I realise most people are pretty thick and unintelligent anyway and to be fair, nobody has any real reason to have authority over any one else.
What you need to learn how to do is to develop assertiveness and realise NO-ONE is better than you (or worse, 'cause it's stupid to think in that way) and ultimately our beliefs shape how we see ourselves and other see us and what we become.
So believe yourself to be someone who can be and represent whatever serves YOU best (as long as it doesn't involve hurting anyone) and DO NOT LET ANYONE push you around or tell you what you should be doing. Including on this board. Tell them to f(ck off.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Well why do people think you're a bum and a failure? Do you work or have any interest in gainful employment or is sleeping in till noon more appealing?

You mention you're a social reject, but maybe you are trying for the wrong group. If you skip showers, personal grooming, dress down and are trying for popularity in an after work crowd meeting for drinks, then you have a problem. Anyone can have peers even in tent city.
1. Because I look like s*** and mainly do nothing. I've been looking for work for over a month. Rejections are common.

2. Yes. I am a social reject. I've always had trouble making or keeping friends. In grade school, I usually began the year with one or two bullies. By the end of the year, I had problems out of the entire class, including girls. I could even tell that the teachers didn't really like me. I don't ever remember being accepted or respected as a kid.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:21 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
It's been like this my entire life. No one has ever wanted me around, and everyone that knows me thinks I'm a bum and failure. I'm a social reject, an outcast, a washout, a pee-on, and possibly a targeted individual.
I think it's dreadful that you feel this way, and my advice would be to find someone to talk to who can help. It takes enormous courage to do that, and is not an admission of anything but wanting a better life. A good therapist--if you can find one--will be of great use to you.

Additionally, "no one" and "everyone" are rather large categories of people, and that cannot literally be true but is only an indication of a mood. But it causes me to be worried about you. Find a kindly, wise person to talk to, and don't put it off. You will be much happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology