Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 03:11 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,256,427 times

Advertisements

Female, married, 2 adult children, self employed, pretty busy life by choice.

No complaints but I've been having these dreams - incidentally, since I cut out all sugar, carbs from my diet. I also woke up with a cold, sore throat but the cold, sore throat and dreams have persisted.

The dream is kind of like where you have 2 doors to enter and you're not sure which one but this time you take the other one.

I think there was a movie like this once.

I keep wanting to go to sleep to finish the dream; maybe that's the cold/sore throat talking.

Every night the dream makes me remember something else from 33 years ago and it's all OK - just want to be back in the present.

Anyone ever have these and did they go away? What happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 08:09 AM

6,885 posts, read 11,256,427 times
Smile Change in the dream

OK, so I really thought about it a lot and in between my 2 children that I wanted, I had a miscarriage at 5 months.

It was heartbreaking but I kept busy, got pregnant 9 months later and then focused on what I had.

Last night, the dream was about having that baby or so it seemed.

Then, I woke up.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,890,867 times
I think this is common and normal. We look back on our lives and wonder what would have happened if we had gone in a different direction at various crossroads in our lives.

I do this all the time. What if I had taken that job in the Marshall Islands? What if I accepted the job at the FBI instead of a law firm? What if I had Kissed *** when she visited me in school but I was too chicken? Would I have still met my wife? What if I had stayed in Michigan with my extended family instead of moving to California for 18 years? What if I had waited six months before buying a house in 2007? What if I had done X or Y differently with my kids? What if I had bought that Ford Stock that I planned to buy but could not find the time or method to do so when it was under $2 a share? What if I had been nice to that guy who ended up committing suicide in high school? What if I had decided to become and actor or a teacher instead of a lawyer? Where would I be? Where might I be? Would I be sad?

My life has been great, but I would love to go back and take different paths and see where it goes and then go back and try some other path. I think it is a game most people play in their heads regularly as they age. It is kind of fun actually.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,338,800 times
The film you might be talking about is sliding doors in it her life takes two very different directions due to whether or not she misses her train,but she still ends up with the same soulmate.I think dreams can show us the different directions our lives could have taken,I remember I started getting involved with this guy and since the day I met him I dreamt I was going to marry him each night,I saw our house etc,then one day I had a dream of a big sign that said "husband lost,let go" I parted ways with him shortly after.Why he was lost,I don't know.But sometimes I still wonder if that was a life path I missed.

You might want to read the ancient Scandinavian beliefs about fate,or other concepts of fate,there are many.

I agree that you're at a crossroads at it does matter which door you open.

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 01-23-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology