Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 AM

617 posts, read 1,201,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Talk about a rhetorical thread topic! You'd love to believe that the "negativity" you say you've received is out of jealousy. You ain't foolin' me none. LOL.
I'm sorry, but I have no problem with your dating someone younger. I'm sure that will be terribly disappointing to you.

Let ya in on a little secret that I've told only a couple of people in IRL: I've been seeing a younger guy for a couple of years, though this is the first time I've mentioned it on here. Because, you see, I haven't felt a need to mention it, and I certainly haven't felt the need or desire to begin a thread over it. Some men, in comparison (ahem) can't WAIT to tell as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. All to make themselves look good and to -- ideally -- make women "jealous."

Men seem to think they're the only ones who often find younger women/men more attractive, and who feel more compatible with younger partners. Can we clear up this misconception? I know what Im saying doesn't fit the standard relationships subforum narrative, but there it is.
I agree. The OkCupid data supports what you're saying.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...XipFloIlow.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 12:09 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,641 times
The bigger question is why would you care if they are?

Old 01-21-2018, 12:18 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Wait! This is Vet School Student Girlfriend guy?

Uh dude, you KNOW the reactions were because you bought this girl a freakin' CAR (which you didn't even bother to do with your own children) and YOU were wondering whether she was using you. That was LITERALLY what you named your thread.

Yet now you faux-dumbly start another thread asking whether women are jealous? When men equally were horrified? And YOUNG women? But now you are turning around and attacking "older" women for your own pleasure and ego, when they didn't do a thing to cause your situation?

What a phony. Pushing buttons. Good luck and you get what you get, but you get no more help from me. I am not a fan of these sorts of games. I feel sorry for you but not sorry enough to play along.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
I accept that men want to date younger, on okcupid most of the men my age list that they are looking for women up to a decade younger up to just a year or two older or not their age at all.Men are attracted to youth and beauty,I think that it's very natural.I don't really feel upset over it because I have a strong inner life,alot of character and self value so that my happiness doesn't rest on being young and beautiful,or getting the attention of men.

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 01-21-2018 at 12:57 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 12:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I accept that men want to date younger on okcupid most of the men my age list that they are looking for women up to a decade younger up to just a year or two older or not their age at all.Men are attracted to youth and beauty,I think that it's very natural.I don't really feel upset over it because I have a strong inner life,alot of character and self value so that my happiness doesn't rest on being young and beautiful,or getting the attention of men.
Some women are attracted to youth and beauty, too.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:39 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wait! This is Vet School Student Girlfriend guy?

Uh dude, you KNOW the reactions were because you bought this girl a freakin' CAR (which you didn't even bother to do with your own children) and YOU were wondering whether she was using you. That was LITERALLY what you named your thread.
It makes him feel better to think that women his own age are clutching their pearls at his girlfriend's age, when he really should be getting his own insecurities about his relationship in order.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:44 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
So OP... did you ask her why she isn't spending her days in classes and labs? What did she say? How are your kids feeling about you this fine weekend?

Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
Hey broh. You're just humble bragging broh. Old women date young men too and don't talk about it. Don't be so insecure. That's the real issue here broh! Women really don't care. I mean they say the young ones who date older gentlemen are mentally ill or unattractive, but they really don't care broh!

Old 01-21-2018, 12:53 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Men seem to think they're the only ones who often find younger women/men more attractive, and who feel more compatible with younger partners. Can we clear up this misconception? I know what Im saying doesn't fit the standard relationships subforum narrative, but there it is.
It's not a misconception. It's the norm. You're the outlier.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:57 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
I wouldn't call it jealousy. I might not view a generational difference in age positively, but any negative assumptions I have are more likely to be focused on the woman.... Gold digger, daddy issues, etc. Probably not even that to an extreme degree if the man has taken care of himself and looks relatively youthful. If the guy looks his age or older, is obese, etc, then I am apt to think she's taking him for a ride.

Now, if I see some obviously older dude with a backwards baseball cap and other accoutrements that suggest he is trying too hard to fit in with the young crowd, then I might think he has some issues of his own with growing old gracefully and a younger woman is just an ego trip.

But a couple that is reasonably matched in terms of attractiveness and age-appropriate clothing, I probably wouldn't pay too much attention.
is

One post proving the point that some people DO opinionate according to their own biases.
Post #29 being one more. Probably more but not going back to look
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology