Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 12:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
At 60 my death is less of an abstraction than I'd like. I think about it some times. Thank you for giving it some meaning, when it does happen. I'll be able to die a bit more peacefully knowing that my death has made the world more progressive, or even less grumpy. I salute you.

No, really, it's a salute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, but as far as suspension for calling a whole group grumpy or whatever...yes, exactly, that's what happens, for both men and women. If we attack an entire group suspension happens...it doesn't matter what your gender is. Just my observation being here fore quite a few years.

When we're ready to see injustice, though, we'll see it, to the exclusion of evidence that confronts our belief. That's pretty much human nature. There's a name for it but I can't remember what it is. Maybe confirmation bias?
Unfortunate that you guys didn't realize I wasn't referring to every single man (or person) over a certain age. There are certain CD posters who are incredibly misogynistic and voice disgusting thoughts about women on any topic involving women - rape, other sexual assault, child custody and support, women in the workforce, etc. They say things like "women belong in the kitchen," "women don't belong at work," "men are superior to women, always have been, always will be," "women have to do what we say," etc. I was conversing with those posters in said aforementioned thread - well, more like they were attacking me in ways I described and not taking a thing I said seriously (because, you know, women are also dumb).

Anyone who is familiar with P&OC, especially, probably knows the people I am referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 12:49 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Assuming your initial statement was even correct. That some women have an "unresolved issue" with men and that is why reports of sexual harassments and assaults appear to be skyrocketing, with the me too movement or "sexual assault frenzy" as you called it.
The question was "Why is being a misogynist wrong, but being a misandrist is okay?". I said it's because some women have unresolved issues with men (duh) and I gave the sexual assault frenzy as an example. I said there is a lot of misandry and misinformation taking place. There are examples right here on this thread and others. I made zero claims about why reports are skyrocketing. I never dismissed the movement. In fact, I said these women were crapping all over the movement, which means I recognize it as valid. I support it. I can actually support victims and denounce those who crap all over the movement. Because I can multi-task.

You can't.

Quote:
No, what's actually not okay is how many women are sexually harassed or worse, assaulted, especially in the workplace.
Quote:
Many would disagree and say that it's simply "enough is enough."
You're literally arguing that this problem doesn't even exist. You also don't have any superior knowledge on the matter. None of that is news.

You are the frenzy of which I speak.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Unfortunate that you guys didn't realize I wasn't referring to every single man (or person) over a certain age.
Well, we - the two people you're responding to - didn't make the decision. And I know I haven't reported any such thing and doubt homina has either. In fact, I don't even recall the post you're talking about. I just know that in general, slamming one gender, whether carefully or not, tends to be shut down.

Yes, I've seen the rape stuff. I've also seen it shut down right quick, and the member often becomes Not a Member. I've seen the amazingly ugly posters you're talking about, too. Ditto. They get suspended and suspended and suspended. Some get perma-banned.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Truth. How many men work in day care? The reasons - they can't care for kids as well as women and they might just molest your girls. You can trust a strange woman to change your child's diaper or take them to the bathroom, tho.
How many men want to work in daycare is the question that should be asked?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The question was "Why is being a misogynist wrong, but being a misandrist is okay?". I said it's because some women have unresolved issues with men (duh) and I gave the sexual assault frenzy as an example. I said there is a lot of misandry and misinformation taking place. There are examples right here on this thread and others. I made zero claims about why reports are skyrocketing. I never dismissed the movement. In fact, I said these women were crapping all over the movement, which means I recognize it as valid. I support it. I can actually support victims and denounce those who crap all over the movement. Because I can multi-task.

You can't.

You're literally arguing that this problem doesn't even exist. You also don't have any superior knowledge on the matter. None of that is news.

You are the frenzy of which I speak.
Here is what you said:

Quote:
Some women have unresolved issues with men. I'm seeing a lot of this lately with the sexual assault frenzy. It's not OK.
You insinuated that the "frenzy" of sexual assault allegations are a result of some women having issues with men. I don't know why you're trying to twist your own words now, because that is exactly how it came across. Read your own post again. Then you said "it's not okay," as in the unresolved issues you think some women have, which you just provided an example of regarding the sexual assault reporting movement as of late.

Then I said, no, what actually isn't okay is the prevalence of sexual assault and harassment in the workplace (and out). Can they both not be okay? Sure, but that's assuming your premise that women with "unresolved issues with men" react in such ways in the first place. Many would argue that is not the cause of recent allegations of sexual assault coming out. I only responded to the example YOU provided.

I have no idea why you're trying to weirdly backtrack or move goal posts now but that is exactly how it happened.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Well, we - the two people you're responding to - didn't make the decision. And I know I haven't reported any such thing and doubt homina has either. In fact, I don't even recall the post you're talking about. I just know that in general, slamming one gender, whether carefully or not, tends to be shut down.

Yes, I've seen the rape stuff. I've also seen it shut down right quick, and the member often becomes Not a Member. I've seen the amazingly ugly posters you're talking about, too. Ditto. They get suspended and suspended and suspended. Some get perma-banned.
What? Didn't make what decision? What are you even taking about?

I was not slamming one gender, that is my point. Go back and read the exchange. I was talking specifically about an conversation I had with a certain group of men on another thread one time.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
What? Didn't make what decision? What are you even taking about?

I was not slamming one gender, that is my point. Go back and read the exchange. I was talking specifically about an conversation I had with a certain group of men on another thread one time.
You said "unfortunate that you guys didn't realize..." Past-tense like that, I thought you were referring to your suspension.

And again, my point is, whether I or homina feel you were slamming a gender is irrelevant. That is something to take up with the mods.

MY point is both men and women get suspended for this sort of thing.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You said "unfortunate that you guys didn't realize..." Past-tense like that, I thought you were referring to your suspension.

And again, my point is, whether I or homina feel you were slamming a gender is irrelevant. That is something to take up with the mods.

MY point is both men and women get suspended for this sort of thing.
Ok, I think the issue is we are missing context here. I was initially responding to a poster who essentially commented that to him or her, it seemed that on many sites including CD, those who make misogynistic posts get censored more than those who make misandristic posts ("Pejoratives against males are generally tolerated, while similar language against women gets the ban-hammer" was the exact comment). I just shared my personal experience which differed from that premise. I HAD taken it up with the mods, and they must have to, but only their complaints were heard and taken care of and mine were not.

My second point is that I actually didn't even insult a whole gender anyway. I was referring to a certain group of posters who are mostly still around, trolling and insulting women, just like they were that time when it was only me who was reprimanded. Maybe one could call it a personal attack against them, sure, but only in response to their even more direct and personal attacks against me.

General point is, it has not been MY experience that people who make comments disparaging men tend to get away with it more than those making similar comments about women. Quite the opposite in my own experience. Women-hating is still a past time for many on CD, and those people are around...

Old 02-09-2018, 01:53 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Oh my God. I hope this was facetious?
It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
How many men want to work in daycare is the question that should be asked?
Not many, for the very reasons I outlined, along with the rigid gender roles that are still at work.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:24 PM

89 posts, read 66,718 times
Quote:
Is this a pro life rant?

For everything wrong with the world? Really?

Yes regardless of being transgender I am pro life with stipulations. If the abortion is regarding a healthy unborn baby late mid term or especially late term than it should be illegal. Though if the unborn child has been examined and discovered upon to have severe deformities or genetic diseases that would hinder any form of a decent quality of life than abortion should be legal then for humane reasons in sparring it suffering.

I may have been misleading with my comment, sorry. I'm not anti woman at all I believe in equal rights across the board for both genders which first world nations essentially have. Women are not to blame for everything considering men started the wars and created weapons of mass destruction and a Japanese man invented bio warfare technology Toshio Ishii is his name. Most of the inhumane acts of war and violence on a large scale were done by power hungry greedy men. What I was simply implying is that in general women oppress children whom are nearly entirely helpless while men oppressed(and in 3rd world nations still oppress) women. Looking at it this way it makes women also look like bullies. Women should have fought back against oppression by the hands of men thousands of years ago and got their rights earlier in history. If women hated being dominated so much in the ancient days than they should have slit their husbands throats when they were sleeping and immediately decreased male population by 30-50% and started a rights campaign. Back then there was not deep rooted central government systems guns or large police force so women could have planned and gotten away with a intensely violent rebellion like this easier back then. The fact that women did not fight for their rights until the last 110 years or so shows that they must have been comfortable with their roles or were cowards.

With that said I still have many women I love and respect A LOT who have mainly awesome qualities that I respect. I totally respect the first wave feminists that fought tooth and nail to get the right to vote in a hostile age. I just think that fighting so hard for the freedom to kill a unborn baby as an expression of ones rights is pretty twisted. It's sad that abortion takes a nigh front seat in any women's rights discussion these days. Women should be fighting for the right to be forced to sign for the selective service or something. That is the only thing in the usa that women don't have to do so they need that for entire equality I guess. I just rarely see it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology