Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:28 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

I just want to vent on how frustrating it is to find a good therapist. I've tried searching for one, but the medical company doesn't update their list in a long time, so some of the people I call aren't taking any more patients or they're retired. Others don't pick up their phone and don't call me back when I leave a message. The ones i have been able to see weren't very good and made me not want to see them anymore. I really need to see someone but just not having great luck with finding a good therapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
I just want to vent on how frustrating it is to find a good therapist. I've tried searching for one, but the medical company doesn't update their list in a long time, so some of the people I call aren't taking any more patients or they're retired. Others don't pick up their phone and don't call me back when I leave a message. The ones i have been able to see weren't very good and made me not want to see them anymore. I really need to see someone but just not having great luck with finding a good therapist.
I hope you find someone soon.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Access is a huge issue, for these very reasons, and more. Databases don't get updated, insurers will list a provider as accepting x insurance, but upon making an appointment, that turns out not to be the case, etc.

You're not alone in this experience, although that obviously doesn't make it any easier.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:11 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
I don't know if looks could be it.. people have actually told me I look pretty confident.. it's just when I open my mouth they can tell I have a guilt complex and tend to apologzie for things like my last post says. I don't look like everybody else. I wasn't born in the states but I'm pretty damn cute if you ask me they could be jealous because I'm good looking and stand out. But people who get jealous because of that are pretty lame anyway. I just feel like I should have more interesting things to think about and say so I can have better conversations. I want to attract people because of my intelligence but I don't feel like I'm saying enough interesting things to hook people.
Quote:
Thanks for replying. Well, I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Access is a huge issue, for these very reasons, and more. Databases don't get updated, insurers will list a provider as accepting x insurance, but upon making an appointment, that turns out not to be the case, etc.

You're not alone in this experience, although that obviously doesn't make it any easier.
Yeah, just goes to show how mental health really isn't a priority in this society.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Yeah, just goes to show how mental health really isn't a priority in this society.
Have you called your provider and asked for the latest info? It wouldn’t hurt to let them know that their list is outdated. Surely they have a list of updates.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Have you called your provider and asked for the latest info? It wouldn’t hurt to let them know that their list is outdated. Surely they have a list of updates.
No, I haven't had a chance to call them. I finally found somebody. Have an appointment in two weeks. I called about 10 therapists and she was the only one who answered. The other ones I left a message and they haven't called back, or the line just didn't work. I'll call the insurance company and tell them since I'm supposed to ask them something anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology