Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 06:48 AM

32 posts, read 19,965 times

Advertisements

Am currently in a temporary job. Staying with the same family but trying for a job outside to escape from here.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerja123 View Post
Am currently in a temporary job. Staying with the same family but trying for a job outside to escape from here.
School? I would not venture a guess where you are located, but school is probably the answer. Borrow money, if necessary. Don't depend on a man or anyone else to give your life direction. If you're a U.S. citizen you can borrow up to $500K to go to school.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Oh, I read your other posts and see you are in Malaysia and are already a teacher.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:07 AM

58 posts, read 41,427 times
I think that the problem is not your relationship with this boy. It is your relationship with yourself. You mention that you miss this boy so much that you even tried suicide. No one should hold this place in your heart--your life depends on you, not him.

Sometimes people are selfish. We support them and care for them as best we can, even love them. But then we find out later that they only spend time with us because they are needy in that moment--and when they are no longer needy (the graduate from school, get a good job, find a new love, etc.) they leave us behind. That behavior is not a comment about you. It is a revelation of them, their neediness, their weakness, and their selfishness.

Your life is yours. It is and will be worth living no matter who else is in it. If you are shy, and find it difficult to make friends, please work to overcome this. Other people are waiting to get to know you, but they cannot if you are shy and afraid. Remember always that you are worthy, that you have wonderful gifts within you, and people are waiting for you to share those gifts with them. Be sure to look for people who will also share their gifts with you.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:25 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
I had a best friend who were with me for 7 years. He always were there with me at all bad times and good times. It is more than 7 years now. But suddenly i don't know what happened to him that made me do this. He just started ignoring me. Blocked me in social media & even in phone. Am missing him really and I even tried to suicide. Because am so alone, i have no other friends and my family also consider me a burden. I don't know what to do. Can't believe he once told me am his best friend and he would never leave me but today he left me and I even don't know why.
I hope you are in therapy. I don't say that to be snarky or mean. I really hope you're getting help. It sounds like you need help. It sounds like you were very dependent on him and it may not have been a complete 2 way street. To rely so heavily on one person isn't healthy.

Seeing how you're the opposite sex, he may have someone in his life now and he's stepping away from you. He needs to have his own life as well.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Am a girl and he is a boy. He considered me his younger sister and I considered him my elder brother. We were best friends since 12th standard. There was a time when his friends ignored him. There was a time when he lost his job. At that time I was the only one for him. Now he got a job, completed his degree. We are not in a relationship.
Did his cutting you off coincide, more or less, with his completing the degree, and getting a job? If so, that would indicate to you what his true nature is. Some people do this, OP. They attain a new position in life, and suddenly they don't need their old friends anymore, or they feel better than their old friends. I'm so sorry. But you can make new friends. You're young. Look around in your community, at activity groups to join, organizations to volunteer for, and so forth, as a way to meet people and socialize.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
The fact that he finished college and is moving into a new phase in his life, could be a clue as to why he left. Under other circumstances it might be understood that he's just moving on. But blocking you on phone and social media, without even telling you why, is cruel and if he can't even it, I would try to forget about him. As hard as that may be. Moving on would be the best revenge, showing him that you can have a life without him. Nobody is worth being that upset over. I have lost people that meant a lot to me, I'm still doing fine and hopefully they realize that.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcuaDave View Post
I think that the problem is not your relationship with this boy. It is your relationship with yourself. You mention that you miss this boy so much that you even tried suicide. No one should hold this place in your heart--your life depends on you, not him.

Definitely agree with the above.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:15 PM

32 posts, read 19,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcuaDave View Post
Your life is yours. It is and will be worth living no matter who else is in it. If you are shy, and find it difficult to make friends, please work to overcome this. Other people are waiting to get to know you, but they cannot if you are shy and afraid. Remember always that you are worthy, that you have wonderful gifts within you, and people are waiting for you to share those gifts with them. Be sure to look for people who will also share their gifts with you.
Am all alone, no other friends nor my family loves me. I tried to interact and get new friends but when they need something they come to me but after that they just leave. I had only him as friend, family. I tried to suicide because of loneliness.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:41 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Don't suicide. The pain will pass. Go out there and meet someone else. There are plenty of good men in the world. Some of them are more shy and might not overtly make strong advances towards you though, so keep your eyes open for any men making eye contact then looking away, and maybe go talk to them. Most shy men secretly wish women would do this.

If you just wait for the most aggressive people to approach you, you're more likely to end up with users. Seems like too much of your happiness is defined on being with other people. I know it seems like a tough sell but you can train yourself to be at peace and content by yourself, which will in turn improve your body language and make you more attractive and less needy appearing in the eyes of others.

I've never been outside the US, haha. Whenever I see someone from a country like Malaysia it makes me want to google the nation and find out more about it and it's people, customs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology