Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 12:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yeah, and she was feeding them like fresh frozen shrimp and the big, intelligent one was jumping up on the cabinet to be fed. The second one was painfully shy.

She gave up her family in order to get laid. She should be ashamed of herself.
Never. Never, never, never. I hope she never gets another pet. Who knows when she would just throw it away?

Old 03-02-2018, 12:50 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
And humans are just as fickle. When you stop becoming "useful" to another human, you won't get any love or attention from them either.

Regarding the OP, people do have responsibilities to their pets. You can't just leave them alone for extended periods of time. If there is a situation that requires you to be away, then you need to make the appropriate arrangements, but don't think that people should just be ok with leaving their pets at the drop of a hat with no supervision just because they're animals.
Oh please, my daughter and her children have the opportunity to travel and they PAY to have their dog cared for when they are seeing the world. No animal is going to stop them. They love their dog, but they also love life and themselves...

I can't imagine how I would have handled my being in the rehabs/hospital for just under 5 months if I had a pet(s). My situation is a one in a million, maybe, and one I never ever anticipated. Down on the floor and away on a gurney to the hospital. If animals were running around my apt...good grief.

At one of the rehabs a room mate came in and she had been gone for 3 weeks she said, and pretty sick lady, and the stress of knowing 3 cats were waiting for her return, good god, she said her sister went in to feed them but she dreaded walking into her apt, but had to get there.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh please, my daughter and her children have the opportunity to travel and they PAY to have their dog cared for when they are seeing the world. No animal is going to stop them. They love their dog, but they also love life and themselves...
Ok, well that's them. My mom watches my cat when I go on vacation, but if she couldn't, I really wouldn't be ok with leaving my cat with a stranger. My cat doesn't eat well when I'm not around, and I'd be too worried about her to have a good time.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:04 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
I think this neighbor would be weirded out if she knew how much you write about her on the internet. How many threads have you made about this woman now? This is at least the third that I've seen, I think.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:07 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok, well that's them. My mom watches my cat when I go on vacation, but if she couldn't, I really wouldn't be ok with leaving my cat with a stranger. My cat doesn't eat well when I'm not around, and I'd be too worried about her to have a good time.
My daughter says their dog Loves when the care giver takes care of her. She's like a different dog, much more behaved. Just like children can behave nicely with new people caring for them...they take their parents for granted..

Old 03-02-2018, 01:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My daughter says their dog Loves when the care giver takes care of her. She's like a different dog, much more behaved. Just like children can behave nicely with new people caring for them...they take their parents for granted..
Cats don't warm up to people as quickly as dogs do though. My cat isn't really comfortable around anyone except me.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:34 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I think this neighbor would be weirded out if she knew how much you write about her on the internet. How many threads have you made about this woman now? This is at least the third that I've seen, I think.
You know, you're right. This neighbor crops up here and there especially the part about her hip surgery. Its kind of an opener/excuse/vehicle for threads about bad surgical outcomes and the crooked medical profession. I wish the OP could quit speculating and leave this poor neighbor alone. She's made her decisions for better or worse and that is no one else's concern. She would probably be very hurt and embarrassed to find out how she's been written about and that's she's being used for another's agenda.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-02-2018 at 01:46 PM..

Old 03-02-2018, 01:40 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
You know, you're right. This neighbor crops up here and there especially the part about her hip surgery. Its kind of an opener to posts about bad surgical outcomes and the crooked medical profession. I wish the OP could quit speculating and leave this poor neighbor alone. She's made her decisions for better or worse and that is no one else's concern. She would probably be very hurt to find out how she's been written about.
I just did a quick search of threads started by the OP and on just the first page of the search results were all of these threads about this neighbor:

//www.city-data.com/forum/healt...nt-update.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/retir...-neighbor.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...hemselves.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/retir...e-help-do.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/healt...hese-days.html

Old 03-02-2018, 01:41 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
You know, you're right. This neighbor crops up here and there especially the part about her hip surgery. Its kind of an opener/excuse for posts about bad surgical outcomes and the crooked medical profession. I wish the OP could quit speculating and leave this poor neighbor alone. She's made her decisions for better or worse and that is no one else's concern. She would probably be very hurt to find out how she's been written about.

I agree, wholeheartedly....

OP posts about the medical status of this poor woman, something she should keep to herself...

Old 03-02-2018, 01:45 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I think the issue with people with too many cats; too many pets in general is in their mis-understanding of this simple principle:

Pets will "love" you as long as you are the one who is feeding them and giving them shelter. That is all. THAT IS THE EXTENT OF IT. If someone else starts feeding them, and sheltering them. they will "love" that person just as much.

Animals are all about survival. They have no emotional attachment to us as humans. None at all. You must not read so much into the human-animal relationship. They are not thinking, feeling beings as humans are. Reach out to other human beings, not animals. Don't think substituting "human" relations with "animal" ones is the same. It is not. They are merely what they are. Animals only.

I see far too many people who misread the animal relationship as so much more than what it really it. It borders on mental illness, in my opinion.
Your information is incorrect but I'll leave it at that since your mind is made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology