Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 07:22 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times

Advertisements

Some people enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing and will pick a fight any time they can.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:51 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Some people are naturally more aggressive and competitive than others. In extreme cases, they are bullies or psychopaths. Others go in the other direction, sometimes too far.

The aggressive, competitive, self-righteous ones will tend to be the most visible on a forum. They tend to scare the less aggressive types away. A forum is different from real life, because you can be having a conversation here that seems normal, but then suddenly buzzards descend. They take over completely. They don't want anything expressed here they don't approve of. They will stamp you out if you try.

In real life, your conversations aren't always overheard. You can gravitate towards others like yourself. If you aren't highly aggressive, you can try to avoid them. Because they feel it's ok to stamp out anything they don't approve of. To them, this is strength.

But didn't you start a thread that your real life is filled with bullies? Or am I confusing you with another poster?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But didn't you start a thread that your real life is filled with bullies? Or am I confusing you with another poster?
No my real life is not filled with bullies. I have written about some bullies I have known. Most of the people I know are not. I get away from bullies if possible, but sometimes it was at a job that I needed.

There are lots of aggressive competitive people around. Those of us who are not have to find ways to avoid them.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:24 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm about there too, and if I look, I'm prepared for what I'll read if I even read their stuff.
I'm sorry but....couldn't EVERYONE here say that about your posts as well?

I'll never understand why people refuse to look within. It's always "everyone else". It works both ways.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:53 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post

I'll never understand why people refuse to look within. It's always "everyone else". It works both ways.
Sometimes it's within, but sometimes it isn't. I have not noticed jammin being nasty. She does doen't always agree with them on health. Some of them really hate that.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:

Yeah, I have to defend her, too! Never noticed any confrontational behaviors. Just expressing an opinion is not confrontational.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Sometimes it's within, but sometimes it isn't. I have not noticed jammin being nasty. She does doen't always agree with them on health. Some of them really hate that.
And some really "hate" when people go the traditional route on health and call them mindless, in bed with Pharma...blah blah blah.

Nonetheless, everyone needs to look within before blaming everyone.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yeah, I have to defend her, too! Never noticed any confrontational behaviors. Just expressing an opinion is not confrontational.
We can agree to disagree and that's ok. MANY feel like I do. I don't have time to pull the history.

Again, that works both ways. Just because someone states an opinion you don't like doesn't mean you are being bullying by the mean people. But don't call other "self righteous" and closed minded when you are as well...that's sheer delusion.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
We can agree to disagree. I don't have time to pull the history. See how that works?

Again, that works both ways. Just because someone states an opinion you don't like doesn't mean you are being bullying by the mean people. Don't call other self righteous when you are as well...that sheer delusion.

Well, you know, us old women have to stick together!!

Old 03-17-2018, 10:58 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:

Mean spirited I am not, perhaps wanting to offer OPTIONS to many is a fault of mine "here". I'll have to ignore more who are looking for help from the meds and side effects they are dealing with and are asking for help. I have more to say than just +1.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-17-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology