Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Much does not change and the attacks still continue in spite of this long discussion from so many. It all continues in my world here.
Yeppers. You took the words right out of my mouth. You can ignore them but they're still there, underground, so to speak, ready to spread their poison.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:58 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yeppers. You took the words right out of my mouth. You can ignore them but they're still there, underground, so to speak, ready to spread their poison.
Got some sad news, another member and I have become nice friends as we have a lot in common in many ways, well she just announced she's leaving C-D for now and maybe forever, just too much negative people and attacks and she says it's just not worth it. I miss her but she's right as I see it. Since I arrived I see many have "dropped off"... guess that's the meanies goal.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,475,295 times
Quote:
Got some sad news, another member and I have become nice friends as we have a lot in common in many ways, well she just announced she's leaving C-D for now and maybe forever, just too much negative people and attacks and she says it's just not worth it. I miss her but she's right as I see it. Since I arrived I see many have "dropped off"... guess that's the meanies goal.
It's ironic that a place of leisure becomes a place where you need an escape from.

There are some nice, understanding people here who truly want people to be better off than they were. However, as a whole, the forum can be extremely draining experience as well. The cynicism, Schadenfreude, pessimism, and lack of encouragement can be stress-inducing and exhausting.

I know that friends and family aren't always an option to everyone. But I'd strongly suggest finding support outside of this forum. It's amazing how refreshing it can be once you've taken some time away, and you realize how little you actually truly need it.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Well, CD is a business; they make money selling advertising. So you're think they'd be kinder to people, but they don't seem focused on doing that. One lady told me I think I'm better than everyone else, which I do not, at all, and I can't block her because she's a moderator! What kind of a person would make such a false and hurtful remark. And there's nothing I can do about it, aside from leave.

Hurt my feelings, and I said so (without striking back at her), and the thread was closed. No apology, needless to say.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
It's ironic that a place of leisure becomes a place where you need an escape from.

There are some nice, understanding people here who truly want people to be better off than they were. However, as a whole, the forum can be extremely draining experience as well. The cynicism, Schadenfreude, pessimism, and lack of encouragement can be stress-inducing and exhausting.

I know that friends and family aren't always an option to everyone. But I'd strongly suggest finding support outside of this forum. It's amazing how refreshing it can be once you've taken some time away, and you realize how little you actually truly need it.
I've been on health boards for years and NOTHING like some here get away with what they do. I work with friends and we help each other but in retirement I have a lot of time on my hands...and enjoy sharing and hearing others. I'm on 2 other groups NOW but they are kinda slow and I go there now and then but find this group a lot more active. What do they say about a few rotten applies.....

Old 03-26-2018, 12:49 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
I've been on health boards for years and NOTHING like some here get away with what they do.
I still think a good chunk of it is socks set up for just
that purpose. It generates the back-and-forth (making
the forum that much more lucrative for those benefiting
financially from it). Hence the Jerry-Springer-episode
nature of the platform.

-

Old 03-26-2018, 12:49 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Where are people seeing ads? With or without my adblocker I don't...

Old 03-26-2018, 12:55 PM

I don't see ads via C-D....where are they?

Old 03-26-2018, 01:02 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Well, CD is a business; they make money selling advertising. So you're think they'd be kinder to people, but they don't seem focused on doing that. One lady told me I think I'm better than everyone else, which I do not, at all, and I can't block her because she's a moderator! What kind of a person would make such a false and hurtful remark. And there's nothing I can do about it, aside from leave.

Hurt my feelings, and I said so (without striking back at her), and the thread was closed. No apology, needless to say.

From what I've seen, many online message boards/ chat rooms make money from advertising. They can't make money if people don't go there to post. This is why people sometimes stir up the pot to get more people posting. However this can sometimes be very problematic. I saw one thread closed because of a poster who advocated harming a child and seemed to think it was funny. I'm glad the thread got shut down, as other posters on there were joking about child abuse. Although I think it's perfectly okay to have strange or unpopular opinions, sometimes people go too far. And there's a written record of what they've said on the forum.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I don't see ads via C-D....where are they?
I don't see any now, but I have seen them. Pizza, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology